Skin Packs Coming to KI Starting Dec. 6th

I have seen plenty of “we heard it in a stream.” You all do a great job of policing yourselves which is why I figured this was nothing…until an actual video came up! This felt like Shadow Orchid from last year. Where someone mentions a thing we’d love to do, and you all assume it’s coming (also looking at you, PD changes - that stuff takes a lot of time, and who knows if it will happen at all!).

1 Like

Hopefully they’ll remove staggers and flip-outs in the 3.6 update. Or at least do something about them.

3 Likes

I never expected this… I feel sorry for my friends who love Omen and Shago. :cry:

Nope. It won’t happen… Honestly, I like staggers and flipouts.

3 Likes

I’m getting to where I don’t mind flipouts so much, but Staggers could be toned down a bit, IMHO…not removed, but toned down. It’s just not fun to play against someone that knows how to stagger 2,3, maybe 4 times in a row and you can’t really do much about it after you get hit. You kinda lose the back & forth interaction that makes KI so fun. But that’s just me.

3 Likes

But why?

I don’t mind flip-outs too much but staggers? Yeah, they need to go.

1 Like

Because it’s fun to me. Staggers is more interests than nothing… Can you explain me why you don’t like that thing?

Like @WrathOfFulgore explained:

2 Likes

Perhaps they should do they same thing Sega did with Staggers in Virtua Fighter 4 and up.

Stagger Recovery.

What do you mean? You still can break the hits for the most part and if you can’t then it’s not adding up to much on its own. I particularly like staggers it allows for creative stuff.

2 Likes

Never heard of it, how does it work?

For Virtua Fighter it’s a bit difficult to explain.

Slowing down this vid is highly recommended, but it does have something to do with moving the analog stick around and holding the guard button.

1 Like

Every move that causes a stagger is breakable with Heavy or occasionally Medium, and there are only a few situations where characters have more than one move that does it. Sabrewulf, Shadow Jago, TJ Combo, Gargos, and RAAM all need to use a Heavy Normal or Heavy Command Normal to get a stagger. The exceptions to the rule are Tusk (who has stagger on Heavy and Medium Punch Normals that have huge tells, as well as his unique Stagger Ender that was recently nerfed), Hisako while she’s in Instinct (who also only uses Mediums and Heavies), and Fulgore/Kan-Ra (who’s staggers are projectiles).

Most of these characters can only utilize staggers as openers or ways to slightly extend their wallsplats. Some barely get any meaningful gain from them at all apart from being able to confirm into certain openers.

If you guys are having trouble dealing with staggers, look for how to deal with them. Find the characters you don’t like fighting who make more liberal use of staggers, then train to recognize how you can defeat them. I get routinely broken when I go for staggers in my combos, so it’s certainly working for my opponents.

2 Likes

In some cases. It depends on how the staggers are coming. Kim launching dragons, for example, you can’t break projectiles. The best example I can think of at the moment would be a Tusk player that just does staggering pokes, not connected. I know there are work-arounds, but when they connect over & over it’s just annoying.

Keep in mind I’m currently at work, so I can’t test anything to confirm or deny my claim.

1 Like

Well perhaps staggering should be limited to only being done once in a long while during a match.

Or you could learn to break it, just like people have learned to break combos for the rest of the cast. The characters that can make liberal use of staggers either 1)leave themselves wide open for super easy combo breaks, or b) have to spend a lot of resources, such as meter or instinct.

Anyway, this is getting abhorrently off topic.

7 Likes

Calm down, leave Ki as it is. Also this is way off topic. Back to skins please.

4 Likes

Might as well do flag based skins, then I can get a US flag and have American Eyedol.

2 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes