SIMPLE way to improve raam

Woah, woah, look, it was a joke. Jeez.

I spell caliber wrong, use crappy punctuation, bad line breaks, no capitalization and people don’t see that?

Sorry, my bad.

Oh sorry. Extremely hard to tell because every week, someone does the same thing but is actually serious XD

1 Like

No, no, completely joking manner. Except for the hitstun thing. That does make me upset when it happens.

Ok, didn’t know the KoF rules clearly.

The other cases (except for SFV supers) I kinda consider special cases/states in their own ways, but yeah, good to know.

Thanks, already canceled my psychiatrist appointment. Thought i was crazy.

LoL.

I think I know what Raam is lacking. Raam can’t close the distance easily but once he does, he is a monster. The problem is that he can’t keep the distance close. It is very easy to get Raam away. Then Raam has to work extra hard to get back in. I would change shadow Kryll Rush for this. Instead of just running forward, he summons kryll armor around him. It acts as a hit of armor for him. He ways more as well so a combo breaker doesn’t push Raam as far. If you land a normal kryll rush with the armor on, it does damage twice as fast(that or makes the poison have infinite duration until hit)

Kryll Rush already has armor on it, though. Both regular and shadow versions.

I mean that it equips it onto him so he can fight normally with the armor on. He can just do whatever and have the kryll protecting him.

Wouldn’t that make kryll shield pointless since it’d be the same thing only he can’t move during it?

Not really as kryll shield would still be a good footsies tool and the shadow rush still requires meter.

Ok. I played some Raam today and here is some changes I would make to him.
-Focus Attack(Triple Punch) should auto correct. Why does Kryll Charge auto correct but not the Focus?
-Shadow Focus Attack(Triple Kick) is introduced. Uses a bar and can absorb an infinite amount of hits.
-Shadow Kryll Charge is projectile invulnerable
This should make him fair. Here is the thing that I noticed most people are doing wrong with Raam. They always go for the damage ender. Instead,use the poison enders. If you do the damage ender, Raam has to struggle to get in again. With the poison enders, it is sightly better. If you do Kryll Charge,instinct cancel. If they aren’t jumping or anything, shadow command grab for a free 20ish percent damage

• What do you mean by “auto-correct”? Like, turn around when something’s behind him or something? Cuz Kryll Rush doesn’t do that. At all.
    -Is there really a point to this? You can already use a bar to cancel his Kryll Shield into a dash forward or back, making you able to react to basically anything.
    -No point to this either really, you throw out a badly timed Kryll Rush and get Shadow Projectile for it you deserve it. Only reason I want the turn around option for Kryll Rush when it’s deemed the same way is because a teleport character can destroy RAAM if he ever tries a Kryll Rush by just going behind him and getting a free hit, even on jumps or projectile spam.

Kryll Rush Ender should be followed by a L grab (in it’s exact grab radius), a c.MK (Low mixup- rarely expected) or a c.HP (Anti-air for people expecting one of the previous two). Wasting Instinct on an ender that doesn’t confirm a combo is worthless. If you’re gonna Instinct Cancel an ender, do his stab ender near a wall for wallbounce, pop it, then go back to town on the opponent with your new combo meter.

Also, as I said earlier, use L command grab; don’t waste a shadow bar for that. Yes it’s 1 frame but the +4 Kryll Rush leaves Raam and I think like the 5 frames L takes to come out match perfectly. L can also lead to serious setups as previously shown, M/LK resets, MK Fakeout- Jump Over- HK, another unexpected grab.

Emergence Ender is good if you want to put poison on your opponent and set up a couple things; It puts the opponent in a knockdown state that only allows time for an LK reset, can’t use MK cuz they get up beforehand. Although you can still hit an LK, it puts them at a range unavailable for any of his shank command grabs; However, you can still pull things like: LK- L Kryll Rush to immediately catch blocking opponents, M or H to catch jumpers/backdashers; Stab special to zone in on unsuspectings and possibly open up a combo; Jump HK to bring down expected jumpers; and I THINK c.HK has range to use for a low that sets up more stomps.

Literally only use the damage ender for two things; of course, damage, if needed for a comeback or kill- or for putting them in a corner for mixups. If corner, either then try to Block- React L grab to stop a possible attack, or H to tack on some damage while both for D-Stomp strats. Use Emergence M or H (H recommended) to bring jumpers back down, this can also lead to D-Stomps. Kryll Rush for either catching a jump and setting up for a low or otherwise, or stopping a possible quick move a Shank grab couldn’t handle. I don’t recommend Stab special for corner, too long of an animation and too easy to avoid.

Oh, and honestly only use the Shadow Shank for Instinct Ender or if you know you need that last stomp to kill. Otherwise, use it for the 1 Frame advantage, use Shadow Kryll Rush for projectile spammers and jumpers (covers screen in seconds flat), Shadow Stab for combos and Counter Breaker setups, and Shadow Emergence for Wakeup and catching jumpers as well.

I believe he just needs a way to get in on the faster characters that can simply avoid him rather than actually fight him, since you NEED to be up-close for RAAM to function.

You don’t need a third option to anti-air jumpers, if you hit them with cr.MK it’ll catch their prejump frames if they try to jump.

Oh, really? I didn’t know that. c. HP is still useful if you want to knock down a jumper afterwords anyway, in my opinion at least.

uh, glad that’s the only thing someone’s complained about in that exposition so far, that’s at least how I play RAAM.

Holy shir. I was probably half asleep when writing that. Ignore everything I said lol.