SIMPLE way to improve raam

The point in disagreement is, just too avoid these situations:

As you said, i can fine-tune my tick game. But in my perception is like playing in slow motion because i need to wait for the hitstun to end for then be able to grab. I already worked a lot in this timing but well, it will always feel that this is too slow.

If I recall, you come from KoF, which I have played very very very little of. Things may be different there, and so Iā€™ll concede that yours is a niche case and may be a hard adjustment to make. There are also probably other games where command grabs combo into hitstun without other special requirements.

In my experience, as a general rule, it is unwise to cancel buttons into command grabs for that very reason. Itā€™s just how command grabs work. It is a definitive element of the grappler archetype, and always has been. It is okay not to like it, but it is not a problem with the character, the archetype, or the move itself. Thatā€™s just how this classification of hitbox works.

Also, totally not trying to be a jerk with any of this, but isnā€™t pretty much everything about RAAM like playing in slo-mo?

lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

I donā€™t know of a single 2D fighting game that lets you combo into command grabs by canceling from a normal, unless you put them in a specific state first (KI stagger).

Grabbing someone in hit stun doesnā€™t lead to good grappler design.

2 Likes

@Infilament this is Clark :grin:

Maybe Iā€™m wrong at all and these are not hitstun combos, but wowā€¦

PS.: I think that Jax and Jason can do it on MK9 an X also.

this trash, this f*****n trash right here is what Iā€™m talking about, I L then command grab and the grab whiffs and lets the opponent get a free combo. makes me WRYYYYYYYYYYY in anger every time.

Just calm a bit, i know how annoying it is but as people stated before KI do not allow grab on hitstun. You need to wait for the animation to end and then grab, takes some time to get adjusted to this and for now itā€™s all we can do about it.

Iā€™m pretty sure those are pressure strings and not combos, but I donā€™t know KoF98 that well. I donā€™t think whatā€™s happening here is someone being command grabbed out of hit stun.

Also, there is a difference between a ā€œhit grabā€ (ie, Ibukiā€™s raida), which plays a grab animation when it hits and can be comboed into, vs a real command grab which is unblockable.

Donā€™t do a command grab while they are in hit or block stun then? When this happens, it is the playerā€™s fault.

1 Like

I donā€™t mean I deliberately do an L then input a command grab to try to combo, I input the command grab and it throws out an L then the command grab immediately after resulting in a whiffed grab.

Yeah but thatā€™s just input error stuff that can happen to a bunch of characters. If you practice some cleaner inputs (or go into training with ā€œinput displayā€ turned on, so you can see what your hands are doingā€¦ often itā€™s not what you think), then this problem will be less of an issue.

1 Like

Iā€™ll not say they are not, you understand more about this stuff them me but you may check others kof videos of Goro (this one is clear because hes a lot slower then clark) Clark, Tizoc and Raiden. IMO they all can hitstun+grab, but maybe Iā€™m wrong on my concept.

Iā€™m definitely not the worldā€™s biggest expert on KoF, so itā€™s entirely possible they do have command grabs that work in regular hit stun.

Even if itā€™s true, itā€™s still extremely rare and tends to not be how grapplers work. KoF would be the first example of it Iā€™ve ever heard that doesnā€™t involve some special hit stun state, like KI stagger or SFV crush counter. Would have to ask a KoF veteran.

2 Likes

I do. Was the first thing i tried when i started to play RAAM by the first minute i got him. :laughing:

Donā€™t feel bad man. This is a tough idea to get through to any player even players that have been playing this game for a while. I started 3 years ago playing as Thunder and learnt early on that you have to wait for a second for the block stun after many a time going for jp.HP into command grab way too quickly. And this still plagues me to this day.

Just work on it in the dojo. Youā€™ll pick it up Iā€™m sure. :slight_smile:

okay okay guys look

this happens like every other twenty fifth match, itā€™s just an intense annoyance when I lose because of it

I get the grab out 98% of the time

please I have a lvl 50 RAAM I deserve better treatment for this I am clearly of the highest calibur

Geeeee excuse me then :unamused:

are you getting a tone with me youngin

No but Iā€™m done feeding this troll thread. Iā€™m out.

No one cares what level your character is. Level isnā€™t the same as skill.

@infilament comboing into command grabs, hit grab or otherwise, is standard in KOF. Also, in mortal kombat you can juggle into command grabs, and in blazblue (and uniel too iirc) you can always combo into grabs, but theyā€™re techable. SFV also lets you combo into grab supers :stuck_out_tongue:

Its not exactly standard in FGs to be able to combo into grabs but its also not that uncommon.

2 Likes