Simple way to help balance minions?

The minions are really annoying, but that’s why you have to be patient. Wait for an opening and jab them, then once you’re done with them deal with Gargos.

Or play Kim Wu and use them as turrets :smiling_imp:

The minions are annoying and definitely make the matchup unfun, IMO. I don’t care about any “Sleep” or EVO or any of this other stuff you guys are bringing into it. I hope that there are changes to the minions, either in their duration or when they can be summoned.

And, let me add…I would prefer that they be removed all together, and that Gargos be given other tools. Currently, they are a silly addition to the game and I think that they would be better served in a boss fight in a 2d/3d beat em’ up…Not a competitive fighting game. Gargos would be a better, and more appropriate, KI character if he was more straightforward.

He’s a boss character designed to feel cheap. He’s not supposed to fun to fight.

Ummm…I prefer a VS game that has characters that are both fun to play as and against. Why would you object to that? Lol.

1 Like

Because that type of game doesn’t exist.

Fight Villager in Smash.

Or Superman in Injustice.

And tell me that it’s fun.

I don’t care about those games…I don’t care about Sleep…And, I don’t care about EVO…If you’re telling me that Gargos has to be, and you admit this, “annoying” and “not fun” because he was a boss in the game 20 years ago, I don’t really know how to reply to that.

You have your opinion, and I have mine. But, don’t try and strawman people by name dropping and throwing EVO results in our faces. Lol. My opinions, and many others like me, are based off of playing this game. Not worrying about Sleep and drama of “pro” players that can’t live off of their earnings.

im not sure if this is already a thing but Id implement a time limit on how long twiddledee and twiddledumb can stay on screen and that you cant summon them right after the other.

And they disappear when the round ends so no prematch setup shenanigans. Or at least they both die when Gargles loses a lifebar.

But they cost one meter of your shadow bar each, thats what people cant understand, they are not free if you dont allow Gargos to summon them. Why woud i expend my shadow bar in two minions that dissapear after 10 seconds? You folks should go to play ranked with Gargos and see how “cheap” he really is.

1 Like

Gargos nerfs already? Geez…talk about jumping the gun…

2 Likes

If Gargos had a hard time building meter then maybe you could argue that the cost of the minions was high enough. However as it stands Gargos builds meter quickly and the minions basically become self sustaining with the things they allow Gargos to do.

1 Like

Is true that Gargos can build one meter quickly but deal with only one minion is really easy, build 2 meters takes some time and with his horrible defense this can become an eternity, i had some fight agains really good Sabrewulf and stop them when they are close is really hard. Summon a minion while you are under presion is imposible.

1 Like

Gargos doesn’t build all that much meter until he gets a minion out and forces you to block stuff. Portal punch doesn’t build a ton on block, and Gargos doesn’t really have an up-close pressure game to just poke at you to generate shadow meter. To get a bar, he’ll usually have to go for a command grab of some sort, which is of course unsafe if read.

He does build a crap-ton if you start blocking minion hits though, which is how his minion pressure can feel so self-sustaining. But no, I don’t think Gargos is OP or that minions need additional balancing. It’s your job as the player to keep him from having the opportunity to call them both out on you.

3 Likes

Idk I really feel my solution would make the fight alot more honest and would actually have gargos possibly spend some meter on something other than minions. Rarely does IG balance a character correctly right off the bat and I feel that gargos is one of those characters that needs to be looked at a little more (aka the infinite minion cycle). Also in no way does the change Im wanting make gargos a remotely bad or unfun character which is the important part.

How about single player Shadow Lords mode-only…?

I’ll co-sign on that.

Thats too much, he does actually need them just not 24/7 as that kills his weaknesses.

How about IG doesn’t touch him other then bug fixes and let the community figure him out? It’s only been 2 months…let’s give it some more time.

4 Likes

Maybe if you guys picked up Kim Wu, you’ll have better luck.

Just a thought.

2 Likes

A simple way to balance the minions? Easy! Sign them up for gymnastics lessons!

2 Likes

Nah, kan-ra’s to OP. Needs a nerf.