Should we get a bonus character in season3 like Omen - poll

A developer is always managing their available time and resources. S2 was billed pretty heavily in the run-up as having 8 characters, and they gave us 9. And if you could go back in time and take a snapshot of the forums, you’d see that no one was expecting an Omen-like character before his teaser trailer, and certainly we weren’t expecting to get 9 unique characters out of S2.

Maybe that doesn’t meet your definition of a bonus, or of the devs doing something nice (getting another character that I wasn’t expecting with my combo or ultra pack). But it sure as heck meets mine.

@STORM179 and I are in pretty close agreement on this one. Personally, I like Omen, both in how he looks, and how different he is as a character.

I like the idea of a secretly developed 9th character for Season 3, but that doesn’t mean that it has to be a “reduced quality bonus” the way I know some people think of Omen.

Imagine getting all the way to the end of the Season, thinking we’re done, and then having an additional character drop as well; maybe Gargos isn’t one of our main 8 playable characters, but will show up as our “bonus,” which also allows more brand new characters to be slotted into the main 8, and fits the current trend of the dark/Shadow aligned characters being our bonus 9th.

This slot could also go to Eyedol, if IG has come up with a good plan for how to make him work in the modern game, or a brand new character. None of this is mutually exclusive with having a good plan and solid budget for the character (particularly considering they don’t need to make him/her/it a stage), and I think we could be getting a 9th, well-made character.

No omen is a bonus, I love omen, omen is my main. I just don’t think we should treat it as nice because the bonus character isn’t treated like a regular character. Perhaps someday (wishful thinking) omen can get a full accessory set.

What do you mean no one was expecting 9 characters. They showed 9 characters in the S2 launch trailer, people definitly knew he was coming long before his teaser.

2 Likes

I said in the run up to S2 - the S2 trailer was released very close to its actual launch date. That’s the time period I was talking about. The talk of the forums at the time was we were all expecting another 8 characters. “Billed” may not have been the right word to use.

The reference to Omen’s teaser was about what form he would take. His silhouette was Shago’s, so I remember a lot of speculation that he would be “real boy” Shago, not a brand new model/character.

It depends if we get Eyedol (and Gargos) or not IMO. If we get them sure, I don’t care, but if not then I think one of them should be the bonus character and/or the community fund character.

If we SHOULD get one, doesn’t that go against the idea of being a bonus? Just saying…
I don’t know. I’ll just let the devs surprise me with whatever they have in store.

We’re paying (through either bundle) for 8 characters per season. If we get an additional one, whether they planned to put one in before the season started or not, it’s absolutely a bonus, in my opinion.

2 Likes

Amen to That.

I beleive that this is not in our case to decide.

It should be up the devs to decide if we deserve another free-bonus character or not.

Because honestly not everyone was that grateful about the free character we got in Omen.

So if ya ask me, that is up to the devs.

2 Likes

Correct, but to me “should” sounds like a demand in the thread title and not like "is there a possibility to get one?"
Other than that I agree with you definition of “bonus”.

Definitely no.
It would be much better if they worked on Omen instead of create another lazy design.
If at least he had his wings out all the time… Just like during ultra stage in village of the whispers…

1 Like

Omen and Shago were really fun additions to the cast despite having so many reused assets and limited unlock content.

I would love to get another for S3, but considering the end package we’ll have by the end of S3 I would personally like to see resources put elsewhere. At this point I’d prefer to get another stage or improved classic costumes & accessories. But who knows, maybe a few months from now when we know more there’s going to be a character recycling that makes sense and that people want, and the rest of the game content wont be lacking.

To be honest, Only BAD players would say Omen is a half assesed character. You notice these type of guys on these forums are always talking about aesthics, colors, and sheet. They love to complain about the most trivial of things. I see the same names in all the complaining threads ( I wont call them out for peace sake). Omen is a complete character. maybe they just need costumes but even still he is COMPLETE and Im sure Gargos will be the Bonus character, since its S1-> Shago, S2-> Omen, S3-> Gargos.

2 Likes

I would prefer that they upgrade Shago + Omen with Retro and acessories instead of a new bonus character… :confused:

I guess that is already confirmed that only 8 characters will be in Season 3, I mean, look at the Character Select Screen! It just have room for 4 more characters!

Well if they make a bonus character again, I just sincerely hope that the character can get the “real boy” treatment. I’ve been begging for colors and accessories for Omen for well over a year now.

:disappointed_relieved:

Look I never cared about omen didn’t care for shago when I played but extra characters are extra characters why would you not want them, they both feel like full characters people play them so maybe the next bonus will peoples style but these two are very unique

LOL no, I hate him :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d prefer fleshing out of all characters / new accessories /new stages than rushing an additional character.

Gameplay wise, I think Omen is really complete and super fun I love him.

I would like to see his design get a bit more polished and maybe get a bit more accessorie options, but overall he’s cool.

Also please don’t say Gargos won’t probably be playable, Gargos is the one I’m looking forward to the most ;.;

2 Likes