Should Eyedol be in season 3 (POLL)

I really hope nothing about my posts made it seem as though I entertained for even a moment that it WAS a possibility. :no_mouth:

Yep, that. Exactly that. Iā€™ll reprise one of my replies to another post making the same ā€œyou canā€™t be a true fan ifā€ assertion:

I think the devs could do an amazing job with him. Though do they want to. I didnā€™t think Eyedol was that popular, but from the vote looks like he is. Though I think that Adam is not a fan of his, so that might have something to do with him being left out. Also, do we want Eyedol or a new character/guest character to take that spot. I would like to see more new characters, not so much guest characters. Even a recreated Eagle which is a mixture of fulgore/thunder. Or maybe a new architype. I think that I am about as sold on that idea as Eyedol, but we will see what IG does.

Good Lord manā€¦everything you post is terrible.

And you are categorically wrongā€¦its hilarious that youā€™re actually trying to defend that ignorant statement too.

1 Like

2 Likes

Maximillian_Dood has said numerous times that he doesnā€™t care about Eyedol and that he really doesnā€™t like him as a character. I think Max helped propel this game probably more than just about anyone who is not on the dev teams maybe other than Spooky. So according to your logic, Max is not a real fan of this franchise, get out of here with that nonsense.

2 Likes

You keep saying this, yet have failed to prop it up with anything resembling logic.

You donā€™t get to say who is a fan of what. You can only dictate your own fandom.

Also, what kind of person enters a poll-thread and pushes people around for voting contrary to their vote? Do you stand around at election time and ridicule people as they pile out of the voting booth?

And yetā€¦ there you are, doing exactly that:

Even unto the suggestion of physical violence:

Based on a set of ā€œRulesā€ that you canā€™t source or explain:

Might I askā€¦ what exactly do you seek to gain from this?

Do you think people will perceive you to be some kind of Ultra-Fan, and lavish you with respect and gratitude for telling me Iā€™n naughty for not liking Eyedol? Or are you just being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn?

Didnā€™t Ken Lobb say he didnā€™t enjoy Eyedol as much as the rest of the cast? Does this make Ken Lobb a non-fan of the franchise?

Are you going to answer any of these questions? Or are you going to fall back on your slippery, hyperbolic rhetoric again?

3 Likes

Anybody can explain to me why everyone hate Eyedol? I donā€™t understandā€¦

Rule for being a fan of an intellectual property:
1)Enjoy it.

Thatā€™s it.
In fact, itā€™s pretty common for fanbases to be less fond of certain parts of a franchise more than others.
Famous examples include fan reactions to anything produced by either George Lucas or Metallica in the last few decades.
Itā€™s not just common for fans to be divided on this sort of thing, itā€™s a guarantee.

Also, saying you shouldnā€™t have to site your sources because something is supposedly ā€œcommon knowledgeā€ when youā€™re the only one who has any idea what youā€™re talking about isnā€™t going to get you anywhere.
So unless you can provide irrefutable proof, your contribution to this thread has been, just like anyone elseā€™s, an opinion piece.

2 Likes

Hateā€™s a bit strong a term; I just think that as a boss, and as a story element, heā€™s not very interesting. Iā€™m also not sure how theyā€™d fit him into the gameā€™s rebooted lore in Season 3.

Originally Eyedol was the demon lord Ultratech kept in their basement to be the final challenge in their ridiculous fighting tournament. But Season 2 was all about ARIA manipulating events to unleash Gargos as an enemy for humanity to rally against. If she already had access to a demon, why would she have needed to go through all that trouble?

They could rewrite Eyedol so heā€™s not actually a demon, but just a two-headed cyclops, and I suppose that would fit better, but even given that option, I think heā€™d need a significant design overhaul to be interesting. As it is, Iā€™d much rather see something new, than have KI bother with what amounts to a Dollar Store version of Goro.

For what itā€™s worth, I also hope Gargos gets a significant redesign ā€“ maybe some sort of winged tiger monster as opposed to a fairly uninspired gargoyle ā€“ but I think tying Jagoā€™s story to his works really well.

If Season 3 is all about the newly introduced [non-guest] fighters battling for or against Gargos, Eyedol doesnā€™t really have a place in that. Maybe there could be some build-up in Season 3 to introducing Eyedol in Season 4.

Well, first and foremost, a lack of punctuation is whatā€™s wrong with that story. Sorry, Iā€™m not sure what itā€™s like for others to try to read that, but my dyslexia makes that sort of post into an impenetrable word salad.

If Eyedol does return, I hope they give him a Lollipop Chainsaw alternate costume.

Thatā€™s a lie.

What I meant to say was:

If Eyedol does return, I hope he gets tweaked into something far more awesome than what he previously was.

Agreed.

Oh dear.

I have a bad feeling about where this thread is about to go.

2 Likes

@M00NLightNinja Perhaps itā€™s best to accept that they picture the story going in a different direction based on the information given. Since thereā€™s no direct mention of Eyedoll in the story mode, thereā€™s not a lot of reason for him to be there apart from surprise fan service.
Also, I tho k he was referencing his own disability rather than your own

@GriningSkull Bit of a shameless plug, here, but Iā€™ve been working on such a redesign myself. Check out my thread if youā€™re interested (Art forum, Gargos Concept Wip/Invitation)