Should Eyedol be in season 3 (POLL)

The thread below will teach you how to make a poll. Good luck.

1 Like

I cannot believe that some people want the Original KI Boss as a simple NPC :cry:
Its like having MK with Shang Tsung as a simple NPCā€¦
Or having SF with Sagat as a simple NPCā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve always like Eyedolā€™s design, heā€™s a mish-mash of monsters from greek mythology.

1 Like

Bring back eyedol remove stupid satyr bottom half and dumb bug eye cyclop I honestly donā€™t see how bringing him back would look good in any way heā€™s design is pretty terrible

Only if they completely redesign his move set and his role in the game. But if they are making that many changes to him, does he really belong anymore? I think the design of his character is fine, but for me Gargos and Eyedol are too simular with out tweaking. I am not particularly attached to Eyedol so if he doesnā€™t make a return, I wonā€™t be disappointed.

Iā€™m not particularly attached to Kim and Tusk, to me theyā€™re as generic as could be but Iā€™m sure the devs will take those old boring designs and make them great just as theyā€™ll do to Eyedol and Gargos. Everyone deserves to have their favorite character back I say, even if I donā€™t personally like them.

I think that all of the classic characters should make it into the game, Eyedol definitely included. That glorious Ray Harryhausen beast should get some time in the spotlight.
I mean, Gargos is basically just a big gargoyle, and thereā€™s a good chance he can make it in. With the awesome redesigns that Maya,Jago, Orchid, and Spinal got, I have complete faith that IG can take the simple boss designs and make them unique.

Sidenote: Iā€™ve heard a few theories that ARIA would use Eyedol to battle Gargos ala Godzilla 2014, and I think thatā€™d be really freakin rad

2 Likes

Story-wise I think itā€™d be awesome if Eyedol was brought back as a way to combat Gargos after ARIA fails to beat Gargos.

1 Like

Yes Iā€™m very much rooting for this. I really want all of the classic characters to return, and I think this would be a really cool way to do so.

2 Likes

I vote yes because damn it heā€™s agot the potential to be a unique character.

I vote YES because he was first final boss!

I have no doubt in my mind that heā€™ll be in season 3 honestly.

Clash of the titans. I like it. Too bad Gargos and Eyedol would have to be the size of all the other fighters (and Aganos will probably be bigger than both of them still).

Think of it like Superman or the Sayans. Not much larger than the average fighter, but exponentially more powerful. Plus, the corporeal forms they would use to combat mortals will likely either be a weakened version of themselves or a smaller projection of a much larger cosmic entity.

Not an Instinct, a move that trades Instinct for Health but like Fulgore charging Reactor manually.

1 Like

No, let it go ffs.

Heā€™s a terrible last minute joke character design (admitted by Ken Lobb himself) whose time and effort recreating would be MUCH better served for an all new boss or other regular new character from IG. Of course if they do put Eyedol in itā€™ll be by name only, heā€™ll undoubtedly look NOTHING like he does in KI1 anyway so maybe it doesnā€™t even matter lol.

1 Like

The devs also said that they didnā€™t see the appeal of a character like Kim Wu, or why fans loved her so much but clearly theyā€™ve decided to add her somewhat generic design to the game. Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll take Eyedol and Gargos, make them unique and interesting, all while keeping fans of the old designs happy. Everyone who loves KI deserves to have their favorites in this game, even if not everyone agrees.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t be all that choked up if Eyedol were passed over. With Gargos pretty much a sure thing, there doesnā€™t seem to be much of a reason to have a second Demon Lord in Season 3. Unless Eyedolā€™s story was significantly changed, it seems like heā€™d be redundant.

Iā€™d much rather the developers focus on creating some new characters.

3 Likes

I think his story could be nearly identical as it was in the first game and he could still be relevant, Gargos is going to be more than Ultratech can handle so youā€™ve got to fight fire with fire by summoning your own demonic creature from the void. The only change would be the motivation for summoning him really, heā€™d still be Ultratechā€™s trump card for saving humanity.