Shin Hisako's Colors

Check out all the colors here: https://www.ultra-combo.com/shin-hisakos-colors

11 Likes

Why does my browser download the photos instead of opening them like usual?

5 Likes

Hmmm lemme check…

2 Likes

I’m getting the same thing. Using Chrome btw.

1 Like

Same here.

Colors look great but that stance. >.<

8 Likes

Gonna have to get that fixed. Have a feeling it has to do with the site refresh that happened in December. Yes, this is the first time we’ve linked to some big ol’ images in such a fashion since.

1 Like

Yeah. The stance is a little awkward considering the sword’s size and her height. I think a Siegfried stance would have fit better.

6 Likes

Maybe it’s just me, but seeing Shin Hisako makes me think that Hisako might be the first KI cast member to have a definitive turn-for-the-better. Like, Hisako was broken, twisted, and full of righteous anger, while Shin Hisako seems whole, sane, and calmer- Am I on to something here? :ghost:

-Zenek

1 Like

Hell yeah! She comes in PURPLE!

My girlyfriend will be soso happy!

4 Likes

I like the colors and design…but do not like the stance… it doesn’t look right.

A rush down Glacius or Shadow Orchid would have been the better remix option IMO…as far as remix goes

7 Likes

Colors look pretty nice. Really hoping that stance looks way better in motion though… =S

if I am to say that the posture is not good, all to attack me, but I see that many share my thoughts. Posture Hisako was built on the Naginata, she stands on the naginata how to stand on a crutch. Shin Hisako should have a totally different posture. I understand that it is a carettere remix, but even in these things you have to show class and consistency, otherwise it comes out something horrible and unnatural. I hope it will be changed before release.
Uploading…

9 Likes

Swords only weigh about 3 or 4 pounds though, and katanas are especially light weight. Even a heavy katana only weighs 3 pounds (1400 grams)

1 Like

Fair enough i thought she was alive while holding the blade. At least while grabbing the sword :scream:

Anothing thing that makes the stance odd is that in her teaser she’s clearly standing fully upright, so it’s not like an upright Shinsako doesn’t exist in the game already.

2 Likes

Damn no black/red color for this version. Oh well. This katana also has a disproportionately long handle, lol. It’s actually more of a Nagamaki. I do have to agree sadly that the straight up position looks odd for her posture. It would just look less “off” if she held it leaning back against her shoulder in a half-step between a mid and high stance as I imagine her preferred techniques will favor coming from that higher stance as opposed to the low stance proposed by @Ziarist. Still kinda cool to see a Nagamaki as you don’t see them very often. Hopefully her accessory set is cool and maybe comes in my color(s), lol.

1 Like

Now we wait for the accessories.

1 Like

I think it mostly looks weird because the stance looks like she’s holding a naginata but there’s nothing supporting her weight for that sort of posture.

4 Likes
1 Like

Yeah. A high stance would probably be her preferred style since it allows the blade to do most of the work when swinging. It would also look more natural to have a mid-stance like Mitsurugi.

2 Likes