Shin Hisako character reveal

Knock it off - unless it is on-topic.

5 Likes

Yeah, sorry about the off-track there.

Awesome! Neato! Very cool! Excellent! :smiley: :grinning:

I love her theme already and it was just a teaser. I’m interested to know how she even came across that sword.

2 Likes

Did I just see Kim wus nunchuck dragon on the end of this sword.

I hope that’s not what I see

1 Like

If you look at Killer Instinct’s roster, you’re going to be hard pressed to find any other game with such a crazy original cast. I can totally understand your disappointment in not seeing a totally new character with an additionally wild new move set, but creating such content not only takes a lot of time, but also a lot more additional funds.

It is arguably cheaper to use existing material and create new content versus starting from scratch. This isn’t anything new, especially with fighting games. In the 90’s Midway saved thousands for MK by using pallet swap ninjas. Scorpion, Sub-zero, Human Smoke, Ermac, Reptile, Kameleon, Rain, Noob Saibot, were all the same character with just different movesets. This isn’t counting Mustard and Ketchup er
 Cyrax and Sector (not to mention Robo Smoke). Nor all the female ninjas who were all the same character with different move sets.

This certainly didn’t stop people from loving these characters. My goodness Sub-Zero and Scorpion have become the poster children for MK. People even purchased the retro costumes so that they could look like the Pallet swap characters from the original games (in MKX).

You can look at street fighter and see several variations of the same shoto character. Yet people still love them.

Shin Hisako can be a remix character and still be totally unique. Call her a clone, a remix, and cheap way out, or whatever, but that doesn’t mean she won’t be a viable asset to KI.

For myself, I’m totally looking forward to playing her. I may buy her like I did Kilgore and then after a moments playing with her, never pick her up again, or she might become my new main (unlikely, as I LOVE Sadira). :smiley:

9 Likes

I was saying that the other day
 her base model is definitely Cammy