Shin Hisako character reveal

But that’s the thing though, its not the same mold. And I explained to you why.

Then why call her by the same name of an already existing character on the roster? Why use her likeness? Why not make a new character?

I already know why, but these are the things I don’t want. Again, I understand why they are doing these things… but they can keep calling it something else, and it will still be a clone character.

I know, I know… it’s not exactly the correct term, but it’s the one I use as a collective term for all those kinds of characters… clones, palette-swaps, shadow versions, remixes etc…

I’m glad you’re at least trying to understand me and see things from my point of view… but just earlier from the post above, it just seemed like you were like the rest of those who just can’t take it when someone doesn’t like everything they do, and so tries to make them feel lesser by mocking them.

One of Kolin’s alternate costume is 90% Cammy, and nobody complains on capcom.sys about that.

4 Likes

I’m not on that forum, but I made a mention of it on reddit. Yeah, I don’t agree with Kolin’s design…

Can we just be happy that IG/MS is still making content for this game?

3 Likes

Why would I be happy about some content I don’t want?

That’s like asking a Megaman fan to be happy that Capcom is still making games… when none of them are Megaman games.

Because it means the game is still being supported and has life? I dunno.

I mean if you’re not interested and won’t buy it that’s fine. But I’d say wait to see her gameplay before you call out the devs for not having creativity. And even if you still don’t like her, how about we not insult developers for things they didn’t have to make for us, hmm?

2 Likes

In IG’s case, I guess it is not as much as lack of creativity as lack of funds to make something original. Because they have indeed shown how creative they can be with the season 2 characters.

That doesn’t change the fact that taking an already existing character and altering it to be something different is less creative than coming up with something completely new.

We’ve seen what IG can produce. And that’s why this makes me so disappointed… because it is so much less than what I know they CAN do.

IG doesn’t make the decisions as far as what characters they make. That’s MS.

And, look, I dunno what’s going on with the budget of this game, but if they can make anything out of what we have I’m all for it.

Do you have a source to back this up with?
Because as far as I know, the developers create the characters, they make the game and its content. And the MS have to approve of it before it comes out. And MS are the ones who handles the funds, they are the guys with the money, and they are the ones who hired IG to work on the game. However, all the ideas, the concepts, the characters… that’s IG, not MS.

@TempusChaoti mentioned somewhere a while back what the character process was, and it wasn’t all IG’s work. Hisako’s concept stuff was actually mostly done on the MS side from what I recall, with IG then turning that character concept into a consistent/coherent moveset and archetype.

I’m fine with someone liking or not liking a character for whatever reason. I just don’t think we need to hear it in every single thread involving the character. I wasn’t a fan of Kilgore and didn’t buy him - I said why and then moved on. I didn’t argue about it or keep harping on why I wasn’t a fan. There’s no point in finding every thread discussing the character just so that you (generic you, by the way) can repeat the same position you’ve posted in 3 other threads. If you like it, great. If you don’t, say why once or twice and then keep it moving.

1 Like

The initial disappointment is strong and it’s what is projected in my posts. This is my outlet.
I’m passionate, and this is my way of getting it out. Might seem like much, but negativity is often more noticable than positivity, and people seem to make it a big deal to tell me I should simply shut up and stay in the corner than say anything bad about anything in the game. And I respond back by not doing that and instead talking more about it. And so it spreads.

Good on you for keeping it short though.

1 Like

I wonder why…

5 Likes

People comment on my post, I respond. People keep commenting, I keep responding.
Want me to stop responding? Stop commenting.

Knock it off - unless it is on-topic.

5 Likes

Yeah, sorry about the off-track there.

Awesome! Neato! Very cool! Excellent! :smiley: :grinning:

I love her theme already and it was just a teaser. I’m interested to know how she even came across that sword.

2 Likes

Did I just see Kim wus nunchuck dragon on the end of this sword.

I hope that’s not what I see

1 Like

If you look at Killer Instinct’s roster, you’re going to be hard pressed to find any other game with such a crazy original cast. I can totally understand your disappointment in not seeing a totally new character with an additionally wild new move set, but creating such content not only takes a lot of time, but also a lot more additional funds.

It is arguably cheaper to use existing material and create new content versus starting from scratch. This isn’t anything new, especially with fighting games. In the 90’s Midway saved thousands for MK by using pallet swap ninjas. Scorpion, Sub-zero, Human Smoke, Ermac, Reptile, Kameleon, Rain, Noob Saibot, were all the same character with just different movesets. This isn’t counting Mustard and Ketchup er… Cyrax and Sector (not to mention Robo Smoke). Nor all the female ninjas who were all the same character with different move sets.

This certainly didn’t stop people from loving these characters. My goodness Sub-Zero and Scorpion have become the poster children for MK. People even purchased the retro costumes so that they could look like the Pallet swap characters from the original games (in MKX).

You can look at street fighter and see several variations of the same shoto character. Yet people still love them.

Shin Hisako can be a remix character and still be totally unique. Call her a clone, a remix, and cheap way out, or whatever, but that doesn’t mean she won’t be a viable asset to KI.

For myself, I’m totally looking forward to playing her. I may buy her like I did Kilgore and then after a moments playing with her, never pick her up again, or she might become my new main (unlikely, as I LOVE Sadira). :smiley:

9 Likes

I was saying that the other day… her base model is definitely Cammy