Shago hype is fading fast

Honestly I expected him before Halloween, in September I thought October was to long to wait and here we are in November with no news. Honestly Shago was keeping me hyped for KI but right now I am starting to not even care about him for the time being. Might just get another game like Star Wars to keep me busy until season 3 since they don’t seem to want to keep the hype going.

EDIT: This is just my opinion, I’m sure everyone else has their own varying degrees of hype right now, or lack there of.

3 Likes

i think they’re waiting till the windows 10 UI update release to launch shago simuntaniously.

It doesn’t matter how long it takes, them announcing a release date will instantly reignite the hype.

3 Likes

As I stated in a previous post…

I can almost guarantee that it won’t be anytime in December and if it is, it will be the very first week. In a recent tweet from the guys who run the Killer Instinct account on Twitter, someone asked if they would release him the last week of December, they replied with something along the lies of “we aren’t that mean”. Also, there have been some really big hints lately as to his release and mention of his Ultra being worked on. It seems like he is really close to being along the lines of being released.

My range of expectation will be from…
November 21-28
My prediction on an exact date will be on…
November 22

I understand your frustration, believe me, I main Jago and practically idolize his character, worth mentioning is I have a painting centered in my room…

So you can imagine my patience is wearing down as much as the next person to be able to play the corruption of Gargos that is Shadow Jago.

Keep in mind, IG is a decent sized company, they do try hard to deliver the goods and keep the community satisfied, at this point I wouldn’t doubt that they must be worn out from trying to get him out to us asap. But, if you really can’t bare the wait, which I don’t blame you for, BO3 just came out and Fallout 4 would certainly ease your wait.

3 Likes

Cough Cough

2 Likes

Who are you kidding? You’re going to be hyped no matter when they release him. Hype is like a fire, it just flares back up when you think it is out.

2 Likes

I’m talking about right now, I was excited for him beyond belief but right now I don’t give a damn. They could hold him off until March for all I care now. Yeah I’ll be happy when he drops but they kind of let the hype dry up by not even so much as talking about him, or giving us a textual stream to let us know how he’s coming along.

1 Like

Well, behind every action, there is a reason. They’re probably just holding out for as long as they can, until he is finished and we could to see the final product in all of its glory, instead of early Beta stuff.

1 Like

Oh no! Someone is losing hype! Forget our marketing plan, lets release Shago right away. It’s a hype emergency! Hey everyone, drop what you are doing. This guy needs more hype!

Don’t worry. At some point they will release him.

6 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

Funny. In all seriousness I can’t be the only one disappointed. Especially after the “Candy” teaser implying he’d be here in time for Halloween.

3 Likes

I know. I’m impatient for news and additions to the game too. I was hoping we might see a beta test for another character by now. But I’m sure they are just as impatient to give us something. We will get there eventually. I’m sure it will be well worth the wait.

1 Like

If the character isn’t done, then they can’t release him. I don’t think they finished him 2 months ago and are just holding on to him for no reason. These things take time.

The alternative is that they rush him and release an unfinished, unbalanced character into a very healthy ecosystem.

I dunno, he arrives when he arrives. Having a deadline on your excitement seems unfair for everyone, including you.

1 Like

I don’t expect him to be rushed, I want them to release him when he’s ready. However we know they’re capable of putting out characters faster than this, as seen in season 2 plus half of Shago’s assets are already in-game they’re just re-purposing them. I suppose its not the wait that is killing my buzz, its the lack of info, IG and MS have been pretty transparent about what they do with KI and having no updates or a release date make it hard to stay excited.

Even an early stream to show off what they have so far, or a write up with some new info about him would sate the hunger. I had hoped that Shago would come out and keep us busy until season 3 drops but as it is, I haven’t touched KI in weeks. Every day, every week, every month without info makes me care even less. I’ve been waiting for this update for two years and frankly the hype they tried to build up since the community funding event has all but evaporated completely.

1 Like

I think there are some assumptions here that aren’t fair. We don’t know when they started working on Shago (it probably wasn’t the very next day after the community fund was met), or exactly how easy/hard it is to repurpose his old assets. Maybe making a fun version of Shago with a boss-like moveset turned out to be really challenging and they had to go back to the drawing board a few times. I dunno, any number of things could come to mind to explain why it’s taking a while.

I understand this point of view, but the community is known to freak out like crazy over anything and everything. If Shago isn’t done, even just showing you a work in progress could generate just as much negative forum activity as positive. People will freak out about unfinished animations, an overpowered move, etc.

4 Likes

I don’t mean to ■■■■■ and moan, to make a big scene but honestly the silence is disturbing, if they can’t be bothered to keep us in the loop I’m really not going to bother to be exited for what they’re working on. I know that sounds pig-headed and irrational but that’s just how I’m feeling right now, I was excited and now I’m not. At all. :pensive:

1 Like

Well when he does get released,it will be hype because of the wait.

1 Like

Be patient guys. Shadow Jago will be so HYPE, you’ll be glad you waited.

1 Like

Oh holy hell this. Why would they continue to keep you in the loop on unfinished content when the community turns into a bunch of rabid lunatics whenever they see something that isn’t up to release levels of polish? Or when they complain that the trailer isn’t “hype” because they’ve already seen the character?

3 Likes

The vast majority of people here on the forums are eager to see what they have in store and are grateful to see. The vocal minority might spaz out but that is to be expected with anything you reveal. :\

1 Like