Shadow Lords TOO HARD!

I keep losing to Gargos and opponents that are “Very Hard” and higher. I have farmed and saved for awesome perks, but still not matter what I get REKT by Gargos. I can beat “very hard” opponents sometimes. I do take away all his buffs and do my best to save good perks Omens or Gargos fights. Its just ridiculously hard. It feels like it should be decreased in difficlulty being its the medium difficulty setting.

Maybe because they are very hard? Challenging isn’t the medium setting. Normal is. The problem is that there isn’t an easy setting.

I consider myself a decent player in KI. I’m no pro my any means. I play the game for fun. My PERSONAL opinion is that the middle difficulty is just too hard. I’m not the only one who thinks so either. Look around and see other posts. It’s not just me.

Don’t we all? Otherwise why play? I respect your personal opinion. I am also expressing mine as well. I think normal difficulty is misleading as it is advertised as the easy difficulty.

Finally found it! You go to settings, scroll all the way down to “users muted” and type the users name in manualy, click save.

1 Like

Ok but remember you do not need to fight the very hard matches. SL is more about resource managements then the fighting so what you must understand is:

1- There are 2 reasons to fight, the first is to manage corruption in the world and the second is to farm resources. With that in mind you only need to fight the fights you can win and those will stop on HARD, for all others you can just choose the ones that will reduce corruption in the world and where you can mobilize your fighter with a 100% chance of win. The goal is to keep corruption levels lower in most continents (Use the worm to keep corruption down) and only allow one omen per time to come. Fight the easy matches to maximize items farm on them and deploy your fighters where you cannot win by yourself or where somes mimics can be a pain to win (a armored tusk or a shago with shadow control will fuck you good no matter what you can do, for example)

2- Know your guardians, try to get a purple ORB form the promotional orb pack. This guardian plus the 3 top tier nanobots and a leaver can simple shutdown omen and can help you a lot against gargos, just keep the pressure and they will fall like flees. The example guardian is a beast that maximizes your damage and defense, you can negate a ■■■■ load of damage with it and can get 100% combos if you use consumables that increases damage and block breakers.

3- Don’t panic when fighting gargos, and do not let him summon minions, he will combo-break you as soon as you reach lvl 3 on KV, put him in the corner and wall splat performing an ender cancel, hit him low, repeat. If you have a shadow lord gem from the normal campaing equip it in your heavier damage dealer and the demon will fall.

That’s it. Hope it helps.

6 Likes

Greatly appreciated. Thank you very much! I will definitely study this.

I’ve been playing ki since its release and I can’t even get out of silver cuz I get wrecked 80% of the time, I’m a scrub lol and I beat gargos on challenging in my first try since its official release. Not to mention he just got nerfed a few days ago. Don’t mean this in a rude or disrespectful way but just try harder, you can do it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I thought the whole point was for it to be hard.

4 Likes

Yeah, but I wish there was an ignore button.

OP just keep trying it’s not as bad as you think.

Im gonna give you MY OPINION regarding this subject which is no brainer. Nowadays the gamers wants everything freaking easy!! All the games now have tutorials that walk you by hand, even KI has a combo assist that back then no one had dreamed about however the gamers used to accept the challenge instead of crying like freaking babies. Man up guys and improve your game now you want everyhitng for free. I am completely sure that most of you that are complaining about the difficulty would buy the astral plane if you could just to avoid the challenge. Games like mortal kombat 2 on snes that was a freaking challenge not this where u can buff your characters

3 Likes

I’m streaming all buff gargos on twitch. I’ll be doing it for the next hour or so. Come watch if you wanna see how to farm mimic skins. I’m the guy with no viewers. I haven’t lost in days.

1 Like

I feel like the day-2 tweaks helped. I’ve been able to beat challenging a couple runs without going crazy on items.

I had a problem with the initial difficulty, but I feel like normal and challenging are ok now. You do need to kill some Omens and come prepped on Challenging though. Haven’t tried Godlike.

Even with really good item’s and Guardian’s it is to hard. I have played this mode like 10 time’s now and I still don’t have the Astral Plane’s. I agree with making it able to Unlock on Normal or Reducing the Difficulty.

Mortal Kombat 2 on the SNES was a port of the arcade version, which was specifically designed to eat as many quarters as players could pump in to it. The bosses were broken, hell, most characters above the third opponent on the ladder were borderline broken. Mileena and Kitana could throw you before you had the chance to do anything.

Again, I’m saying broken. Not unfair, not too difficult, but literally game / strategy altering wrecked for the sole purpose of getting you to put in more quarters. Yes, you could cheese out wins (usually involving jump kicks) but the fact that the game basically stopped following its own rules was not the sign of a fun, 90’s era challenge. It was the sign of programming done with the specific intent of sucking your wallet dry.

With the death of arcades, games have moved on from that type of “challenge” and with good reason. You don’t want to drive away the casual audience, and most games aren’t simple ports anymore, so yes, you can tell people how to actually play the game. Now, for this particular mode, it’s easy to get frustrated, but the key thing to remember is that it’s designed to be played several times over, which is the whole point of crafting new and better items, unlocking better guardians, etc.

This stuff isn’t hand holding either. It’s how the mode is designed, to make you want to keep playing, to make you want to earn more. That’s the mechanic. To say that buffing the characters is avoiding the challenge is saying that the whole mode is pointless. If that’s how you feel, then fine. But I disagree.

Also, you might want to realize and accept the fact that not everyone plays games for the enjoyment of insane levels of difficulty. These people should be catered to every bit as much as those that want that high difficulty. It doesn’t make you better or them worse, just different. I’d never want them to lower the difficulty on Godlike, but Normal and Challenging could use some tuning. Either that or tune Normal a little bit and add a casual difficulty setting that allows people to play through more easily without having to go through five times while still getting crushed.

A mode meant for the casual audience shouldn’t be THAT hard on the easiest difficulty setting. I get needing to unlock stuff and that there should be some effort involved in both the unlocking and the fighting, but if people aren’t having fun, well… Isn’t that the whole point? They should try and serve as many people as possible.

3 Likes

This

1 Like

The thing is they already did nerf all three difficulty levels and specifically made the omens weaker. At this point your probably going to have to make peace with the idea that this is probably going to take you multiple tries filled with trials and error ( some people have aptly called them suicide runs) as you experiment with the different buffs on different charecters to find the best combination to win you the final gargos fight

They Obviously didn’t nerf him enough his still to hard.Maybe if they gave the Stage to people who did it normal as well it wouldn’t be so bad.

1 Like

I dunno ever since then a bunch more people have been saying they are beating the mode and it a lot easier

There most likely Pro’s. This mode is not friendly to casual gamer’s.