Shadow Lords Mode

True enough, they’re all furry mountain men so I could see why they might be lumped together but you’re right. Either way, Aganos isn’t a substitute for any of them.

that doesn’t mean they have to go the same route though. The fact that she’s even a vampire would of been more than enough honestly.

1 Like

They don’t, but they have a nack for doing it. Which so far they 've delivered pretty well on.

Well I admit, I think Mira’s one of the worse characters visually, in the grand scheme of good character designs this game has, IG’s done a pretty good job. Now while my opinion on Mira’s looks are not great opinions it’s all fine cause you can’t expect to like every character in a fighting game.

I will of course say on the high note that MIra does have good gameplay which so far IG hasn’t failed at in my opinion. It pretty much makes up for Mira’s bland design.

1 Like

She’s a pop culture vampire. Hey…would you rather her skin be flashing like diamonds in the sunlight?

Mira reminds me to much of the vampires in Skyrim, she looks like Serana wearing some weird Daedric armor set.

That’s not to say she looks bad, but I wasn’t really that impressed with her design. Not really very original.

That she does. Guess someone’s a skyrim fan in IG.

1 Like

I believe that Mira’s design comes off as uninspired to me, feels too plain. However her accessory sets are great though and she could look way different with them on. Not a bad character design, but in the mix of amazing character designs in KI, she falls on the lower end of the spectrum for me.

1 Like

@Fwufikins I like the way you think! My thoughts too were of TJ being the embodiment of humanity in terms of characters representing animal spirits and the like. You went much deeper than I did, but I like to believe you took this idea to its logical conclusion.

@FallofSeraphs76 Going further on the Mira Vampire/Scarab front, I looked more into her gauntlets and…well it took me to India.

Mira’s gauntlets are called the “Gloves of Rasavatham”, and Rasavatham is seemingly a synonym for Alchemy in Indian religion and culture. It is also a term that is associated with “Siddha,” and Indian term which refers to people who have achieved the highest levels of perfection and enlightenment in terms of their physical and spiritual being. The Gloves themselves were said to be a perverse version of the Philosophers Stone in the KI novella, and for those who don’t know, the Philosophers Stone isn’t a stone, but a liquid that is said to turn various metals into Gold.

The Gauntlets that Mira wears are seemingly extremely powerful and advanced alchemic creations which have their ties to an alchemist seemingly from India, so while the Tsar of Mira’s coven is of Russia decent (iirc), it seems the gauntlets may have been either stolen from another part of the world and brought to Russia, commissioned from that part of the world for the Tsar/Coven, or have ties to an old sect of Indian Vampires…which is seemingly where the Vampire myth began?

That last little tidbit kind of blew my mind, but according to this website:

…the Vampire Myth originated in India.

Doing more research in to this idea, it seems that myths of “Vampires” (as we call them today) got their start during ancient times in the areas of Ancient Mesopotamia (current area of Iraq/aka, the ‘Cradle of Civilization’), Ancient Greece, and Northern India (going into China). Taking this into account, it seems that the ‘Gauntlets of Rasavatham’ may have ties to Alchemists in India who had ties to, or were, Vampires in the Indian region, and the Gauntlets made there way to Russia over the centuries in to Mira’s Coven.

Looking into the symbolism of scarabs as well, and seeing if there are any ties to India there, it seems that there is very little on that front. BUT, Ancient Indian civilization does predate civilization in Egypt, which means it also predates the Babylonian Empire, so it would seem any myth of Vampires that started in India could have spread and been assimilated in to those cultures as there was much cross over of idea between Ancient India and those Empires. In fact, apparently there is much archaeological evidence that Egyptian culture came directly from Ancient India…

So…WOW! All I can say is my mind has been blown through just the little bit of research that I have done on this subject. I don’t think I can do any more research right now for fear of brain overload, but I think it is pretty interesting how easily all this feel in to place. The myths of Vampires are all over that region, and they have been woven throughout the folklore of all those regions. But there is a clear timeline showing the migration of civilization from place to place, and thus you can trace how ideas and legends would have/did spread.

In the KI lore, The Nightguard could have also come out of those ancient regions, hunting those creatures of myths and legend. The Gauntlets that Mira wears could be an ancient weapon/remnant of that time, and thus would have a lush history that ties to many different civilizations together.

2 Likes

It’s the retro sets for me

The hair is fine, but the same corset and the odd coloring are offsetting

1 Like

Yeeeah, the colors not matching are a huge deal breaker for me.

2 Likes

Will they have story cutscenes and characters talking?

1 Like

It’ll probably be more like season 2’s story with stills and narration.

Wanted to come back and reply to this one.;

to me be it sparking like a diamond or burning in the sunlight “human” type vampires are the same to me, just have a slight difference in spectrum of what they can look like, mostly through dress.

Unless they look more like monsters that’s pretty much how I’ve always viewed them. I suppose it’s probably a good thing they didn’t make in the same degree of monsterous I’m thinking because she could end up looking abit too close to Gargos, so as much as I hate to admit it. I’m glad they didn’t go that far.

However they could of at least made her skin look like a more unnatural color. It would of seperated her from a bit from the other VG vampires. Still I must strain that despite my opinion she isnot all that bad. Her gameplay is fun and that pretty much makes up for design.

I’m not a fan of the character in general so my biasm against her is that.

1 Like

It’s allegedly slow motion captures and rare angle dev kit shots of the current 3D models on the stages with certain special moves or’ fidgets’(their idle animations, such as jago when he twists his foot back and forth and swirls his hands/ orchid swirls her batons like a drummer twirls sticks) creating the illusion of an animated sequence.

I’m all in favor of the rumored ‘cutscenes’ especially if it shows that in this year someone took the time to make a copious amount of scenes.

A lot of angles and close ups used in character trailers should be an indication.

I still get a thrill watching close ups of orchid trailer of her instinct specials and ultra against jago ( where the combo is dropped !!! Right before he screams)

The close up of ichi ni San and her orchid flower petals that burst flowing out when she screams ‘firecat!!!’ will always be legendary. It’s hard to see these in game when the characters are so small especially with the season 3 giants.

I love sadira Hisako Maya and Kims trailer as well, even if Kims trailer focus was to show the change in the stage lighting

Haven’t been on here in a minute but is there any news about getting acess to shadow lords for beta trails or anything like that

1 Like

Nope, no word yet.

Thanks.

1 Like

Since we’re practically a month away, wouldn’t it be nice to get a shadow lords and/or multiplayer game mode trailer? I wanna know more about SL. As a player who mostly plays single player, I’m REALLY looking forward to SL :slight_smile:

1 Like