Shadow Lords Mode

My assumption would be that it’s an easier way to get upgrades to fight Gargos, but of course it’s not at all necessary and there’s an in-game currency system.

Worst case scenario: if it is, it’s not like SFxT where paying real money gives you an advantage against other players.

I wonder if the 13,000 gold will be enough to get everything in shadow lords mode or just give us a small advantage on collecting everything

30 minutes I hope they show everything it has to offer including the items for purchase

We spend an hour on a new character. You think a new mode will be fully explored in 30 minutes?!

2 Likes

Then why such a short time frame then?

1 Like

A teaser.

Well, I’m in luck! I have to work, but only until 2 p.m. eastern, and it only takes 10 minutes or so to get home, so I’ll have plenty of time to get settled in and prepare for the reveaal of the all-new Shadow Lords mode. I can’t wait! :smiley:

1 Like

To be honest would love to just get a look of it.

A release date/general time frame would be amazing though :smiley:

In 15 hours, you’ll have your official look at Shadow Lords on twitch.tv/xbox.

Am I the only one here who feels the last character of Season 3 COULD POTENTIALLY appear at some point in this mode? Kinda like how it was in Mortal Kombat X’s story mode in the case of Tanya and eventually in Street Fighter V with all the DLC characters in the upcoming story mode…

-They will show Shadow Lords
-They will not show the last character
-They will release the last character at the same time or before shadow lords(IMO the same time)
-The new multiplayer mode it’s exibition with shadow lords items

Shadow Lords is a June release, at least based on the S3 trailer.

The next/final character (along with the new multiplayer game mode) is supposed to release in July.

So I doubt we’ll get the release of Shadow Lords in July with the next character. Did you mean that you thtink the final character will be -revealed- at the same time as Shadow Lords releases? That makes more sense to me.

1 Like

Dunno if that will be the case either… they specifically stated no teasers for the last two and Raam dropped the same day as his trailer with no other non-leaked info before.

1 Like

That’s true too. I just meant I don’t think SL is going to get released in July.

Shadow Lords it’s the s3 story mode. It will feature all characters(well, at least the non-guests, but still the guest ones could make it, I have ideas for it, and surely they are going to use some tricks), including the last one.

The reason they released Gargos before the last two characters it’s because Gargos it’s the center of the story. He will be featured in a lot cinematics/screenshots. Since the last character is less important(story wise) than Gargos, it won’t be featured in so much cinematics. They wanted to finish Gargos model in may, so they could implement him in the cinematics during June/July. They try to avoid the problem they surely had with ARIA. She was featured in many cutscenes, but her model wasn’t polished until the very end, so surely that was a problem.

So, they internal schelude could be:

-Develop character model and gameplay mechanics
-Develop cutscenes where the character appears, given now they have the final model
-Since some characters are more prominent than others in the cutscenes, finishing earlier the most prominent ones it’s a good idea, because then step 2 don’t has to be rushed
-The Guests are less(if anything) prominent in cutscenes, so step 2 was very fast with Raam, buying time for the last character for step 1 and 2.
-Shadow Lords should be almost ready right now, my guess is that the final character isn’t implemented yet. Once it’s done, they can release Shadow Lords without having to introduce this last character later.

Yeah, that honestly makes me a bit uneasy…I mean with pretty much every decision they make it’s not like they can turn the ship around fully if they get a negative response, but it almost feels like they’re trying to avoid it all together…kinda like “Boom! Deal with it.”

I could be wrong, but in all honesty that is the double-edged sword aspect to dropping a surprise…it may not be what anyone asked for or wanted.

I think it’s a logical response to the way the community behaves. Whenever we get something we just complain about what it ISN’T. Then we spend the lead up to the next bit of info whining instead of recognizing the content. So I would probably just drop stuff on us too. Plus it’s hype to say “available starting today” during s press event.

@xSkeletalx I’m not entirely convinced that ShadowLords is committed to arriving in June by the trailer. Wasn’t their s thread on this? I think the trailer basically says “coming later in the season.”

I’m about 50/50 on whether it will arrive today during the stream or in July. I don’t see much point in revealing it at E3 and then launching it a week or two later. But we will see.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s “Coming Later This Season”.

But to me, it’d seem a little hectic if they have to release not one, but TWO new modes AND a character all at once. Of course, delays are possible, but I’m sure IG would rather avoid that.

Season 2’s Story Mode come out at E3, so I don’t entirely refute the idea of an “out today” release. As a matter of fact, Rivals came out on 06/17 of last year, and we’re only one day away from that! But personally, my guess would be that it’s coming at the end of the month, as nice as it would be to have it sooner rather than later. Just to work out any final kinks with the mode, as IG seems to be taking great care of it.

1 Like

don’t think it’s ready yet- and they already said
when any characters are added after shadow lords launch, they will then be added to shadow lords. it was plainly stated at season 3 launch.

1 Like

The video that leaked the 2 days ago from the guy that had Shadow Lords…looked pretty much finished to me.
I didnt watch all of it to avoid spoilers but the 10 seconds I seen looked pretty awesome!