Shadow Lords Impressions Thread

@BlitzedKraig Something I’ve noticed with the Healing Packs is that there’s not a lot of middle of the road drops.
What I mean is, I’ve gotten 7 Scrolls of Greater Restore (50% health), and 53 Scrolls of Superb Restore (100% Health).

I think going forward that balance should be reworked. It doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to have an inferior product be rarer than a perfect one. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ive gotten a lot of the 25% ones and a good bunch of 100% ones, none of the 50% variety, so seems a bit weirdly distributed.

1 Like

I only seem to use the 25% ones mainly because the melatonin nanobots MK3 (praise ultratech) heal 75% health back after a day for 3 days.

Hey there

The healing pack rolls should be 2 Phoenix Relics, 6-8 Scrolls of Restore (25% health) and 1-3 Superb Scrolls of Restore (100% health). We’re still balancing and tuning, but the current rollset there seems like its in line with what you are thinking?

For example., I just opened one and got

• 2 Phoenix Relics
  • 7 Scrolls of Restore (25%)
  • 1 Superb Scroll of Restore (100%)

Is that similar to what you’re getting?

Kraig

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. Very detailed. Good news is a lot of your concerns will be addressed in launch.

• The Corruption meter will be improved for the final release, as will the difficulty indicators.
  • Character ‘Quest’ missions are being made more obvious
  • In terms of things that carry over into other modes, we have announced the following: The Astral Stage (as you noted), Mimic Skins, and Jago a full characters. We’re considering other stuff too.

Thanks

Kraig

1 Like

Cool, but by “and Jago a full characters” do you mean how Jago will be free for everyone after the launch?

Thanks for the bullets. There will be some streamlining in the mission flow to speed it up a bit. Should feel a bit brisker on launch.

I agree a companion app would be great!

2 Likes

That would certainly explain why the 50% heals are rarer than the 100% heals. I usually get that ratio, yes. I’ve gotten more than enough 25% Heals, which is fine. I just thought it was weird that I didn’t seem to have many Greater Heals on comparison to Superb Ones.

First off I just wanted to say thanks for letting me be part of the early release group. I love this mode. My only concern is the is the quests. Some of the quests are to long to be random. The Hatchery quest is a example of this. I fell that quests that have several parts should be less random, so people will have a better chance enjoying playing and finishing the quests.

1 Like

I played through Shadow Lords mode for the first time this week. For what it is, it’s pretty fun, but honestly, much like S1 and S2 story modes, I probably won’t touch it much. However, this is true for almost any fighting game story mode. The only one I played through from start to finish was Mortal Kombat 9’s but my goodness Netherrealm went all out with that one and it felt like an interactive movie. Yeah there was cheese, but it was epic. MKX story mode… not so much. Pretty visuals, but making the Cage family the stars was a bad move.

I’ll still pick it up Shadow Lord Mode every now and then as a diversion, but other than unlocking the new stage (which I did), I don’t see much reason to really put a lot of time and effort into it.

Gotta say I’m loving SL right now, I have one question though. When you get the missions where you get to fight a real character like TJ for example, why does the corruption meter go up so high if you choose to skip it? I thought we were on the same side here but if I choose not to have a friendly fight with you all of N.America is corrupted to ■■■■… ■■■■ move TJ.

1 Like

Okay, interesting experience opening up Packs today…
I started up a new play through today, went to the Emporium and bought an Epic pack and got… More than I expected.

@BlitzedKraig I’m assuming this is a bug, but if there’s a chance it could be a feature…:wink:

1 Like

Dude that’s awesome. You got a sweet payload.

1 Like

Nice

Finally Beat Him On My Fourth Run Man on challenging difficulty Man He No Joke

Team I use: Shadow Jago, TJ Combo And Cinder

Props go To IG

1 Like

I have completed one long run(45 days) and a short one. I really like Shadow Lords, it’s really fun, and I like the amount of lore we can see. Overall my impressions are good, but I’m going to highlight the things that I don’t like or I believe can be improved IMO. Take in consideration that I played the spanish version, so maybe some names are not the same.
Also, as @BlitzedKraig already stated, I’m aware that you know about untranslated menus, but I’m going to start a thread with translation errors that I detected.

Menus:
-In the spanish version at least, when you press B in SL main menu, the message which tells you “Exit shadow lords?” its in english, not in spanish, and the buttons it shows you are A and B, but A does nothing, and you must press X to leave SL.
-Every time you recieve materials, it would be nice to see your total. Example, you earn 10 nanofibers, then you see them added to your current 100 nanofibers for a 110 total
-This is really important during trades. Do I want to trade 5 nanofibers for 10 astral hearts? I don’t know, how many of each do I have?
-When you are selecting items to apply(both guardians and consumables), they are organized by tiers. An “All” tier whould be nice, with all my items together.
-When you scroll between the missions, sometimes they are in strange order. Like, North america, Asia, North America, Europe. It should be North America, North america, Europe, Asia(or Start on Asia, end in North America)
-When selecting your pay method in for a pack in the Emphorium, for example, if you select KI gold, the gold it’s highlighted, but there is an arrow pointing to the other option. It’s a bit confusing, I would get rid of the arrow.

Items:
-Character specific items whould be cool. They should work as full fight consumables. For example: Jago gets his instinct healing on endokukens(but no double endokuken) out of his
instinct, Aganos gets two chunks instead of one when he re-chunks, Orchid’s grenades are unblockable and cause stagger… You get this buff for all the fight, once it’s finished it’s consumed. It would be really fun in the new multiplayer mode.

Missions:
There are basically 3 type of missions: Fight against an Omen, Special red missions, and normal missions. I whould add three more: “friendly” missions, “Non fight” missions and "Retro"
missions.

-Friendly missions: Sometimes, you have missions like “Test new Fulgore models” or “Train with this friend” or something similar. It’s a bit odd for me to lose a continent because I was doing other missions and I can’t test some friendly Fulgores or
train with a friend. This missions should not cost corruption if failed or skipped. They could give you better rewards, but don’t interact with corruption. So, if you do them, maybe you are risking one continent because you are not doing a normal mission, but you can get better rewards for the future.
-No fight missions: this missions would basically be only textual. They would work as the “deploy” missions, but a fight isn’t programed here. Basically, the pop ups that some mission
have, but without the fight. Again, the corruption doesn’t decrease a lot doing this missions, but they give you good materials. A mobile Shadow Lords app could be all about this type of missions, without fighting. You could use it to farm
materials, and building a combat mobile gameplay like Injustice isn’t mandatory
-Retro missions: For example, as Kan-Ra, you can have an special quest about his past. You fight in Maya’s stage against Aganos and retro Maya with Kan-Ra’s accesories(the mayan/incan ones), remembering when you were defeated. Or a fight between Kan-ra and Aganos, hundred of years ago,
in Hisako’s stage, retro Aganos/Chinese accesories Aganos vs “Lo-Pan” Kan-Ra. You could make this missions for all the characters. Like, Aria sending retro Fulgore to kill Thunder’s father(retro Thunder), or retro Aganos fighting retro Tusk thousand of years ago in Babylonia…

Lore:
I understand the use of mimics. Since Shago and Omen are Gargos’ minions, fighting only against them in SL would be a bit repetitive, so Mimics guarantee some character variety. My problem it’s that mimics seems a bit odd with their intros. Mimic Thunder saying “i walk with the law” or “Thanks for the battle” its… Odd. I suggested in another thread the posibility of giving them a unique intro/outro, but maybe that’s a lot.

What I don’t understand its the lack of use of other game assets. Some examples:
-Use Retro Gargos as Gargos’ elite guards, gargoyles which fight for their creator.
-Use retro Eyedol as Gargos’ minions too, huge two headed monsters who serve his master(plot twist, they served Eyedol until Gargos defeated them, now they are slaves of Gargos. Eyedol could try to free them as his army in his personal quest).
-Use retro Wulf as Gargos spreading a werewolf curse among civilians, and now you have to stop them before they spread chaos among the earth.
-Use retro Thunder with accesories(the one covering his face) and Orchid with accesories(the ones covering her head) as criminals trying to take advantage about the chaos, and create missions trying to stop them.
-Use retro Aganos as guardians of lost tombs and relics
-Use Sadira with accesories as Sadira’s bodyguards
-Use Retro Cinder as Ultratech failed experiments going rampant, now must be stopped
-Use hooded Mira as members of the Coven or the Cult of Gargos, powered by their master shadow powers

It would boost the variety a lot. Not all it’s mimics when fighting Gargos’ army. Now you fight against mimics, Omen, Shago, two headed cyclops, gargoyles, werewolfs, hooded cultist…

Characters:
Some missions about the other characters are a bit… Meh… Like, fight against Shago, you are a worthy opponent, now Shago it’s your friend… What? Shago it’s one of Gargos minions! Give me more deep understanding about him joining
my team. Like he is tired of being a tool, or now you defeated him he has no choice. Some more conversation for deep understanding it’s mandatory here.

This is even more important between your squad members. I do belive there should be more restrictions to make your team. You should not being able to have Jago as leader, and
inmediatly Omen and Shago. This two should be recruited(or not at all) by missions, not in the select screen.

Also, your squad members should interactuate between each other. For example, if I have Orchid and Jago, when I finish each day, there is a chance of a dialogue between them. You could have even choices, and depending of your decitions, you can get special buffs(Aria and Fulgore, Aria can ask for a new body for Fulgore, Fulgore gets extra healing. Jago and Kim
train together, next day both of them have full instinct…). This would make your squad unique, not a random select of fighters. This could lead to even bad results. Like Thunder and Aria start to argue about Thunder’s parents, and Thunder Leaves the squad or Aria gets damaged if you handle it badly

Anyway, I just want to say again: I like a lot Shadow Lords. This are just suggestions to make it better, but the amount of work and love you put in this its huge.

Thanks @developers , you are awesome :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I think you have a lot of cool ideas @Dayv0
I really hope SL keeps getting added to, and not just new story paths (Eyedol). But extra choices, unlockables, things you mentioned like acient Aganos guardians, or the Cinder project gone wrong rogue retro, etc…m

Seeing new surprises if you check in every few weeks could make the mode feel constantly fresh…

1 Like

This part I agree with most. Your team shouldn’t just be ok with each other because you chose them.

3 Likes

One thing I’d like to see is that the loading time happens while the character dialog is still on screen. Somehow I’m still used to the game loading when I see the VS screen and I put the controller down. The fact that I have to manually initiate the loading process by skipping through the dialog is a little bit clunky. Also reading the dialog in the meantime would distract from the loading time itself. I don’t know how complicated the implementation would be but it would speed up the pace of SL quite a bit.

I’d also like to add that I think plot missions should happen much more often, especially with your team captain. I’m usually much happier letting a story unfold through gameplay alone, but it helps if the story is there. :stuck_out_tongue:
Also, more huge questlines like Cult of Gargos and The Hatchery would be nice.

2 Likes