Shadow Lords Impressions Thread

Shadow AI in shadow lords would be no more random than the current game AI in vs cpu

If you ask me, I prefer whatever unpredictable movements the shadow lab creations give me over the stock game AI.

ANYDAY.

I like a mental challenge, not just a sandbag that blocks every move, nor a punching bag that won’t break combos and turtles into submission.

Close shadow lab fights are thrilling - this would elevate shadow lords

Who hasn’t opened to see a winning shadow fight and reveled in the slim window of your shadow beating another

That’s why you don’t run on autopilot if you want to build your shadow.

I’d love the hero art to include art like this!

Yesterday I played a little on Shadow Lords and lost to a Mimic Sadira, but… my God, her winning animation got slowed down (could it be an effect of the mimic skin?), hopefully this can be fixed once the mimic skins are released because if it happens in online… well, let’s hope you have patience, by the way, did other mimic skin winning animation got slowed down (compared to the non mimic skins)? I love this game mode because I can do things in very different ways and also I can do some personal challenges, and I have a chance to use every character (minus Eyedol because he’s not ready in this beta).

kinda liking this mode. I think it should have even more of that fantastic artwork. Would be happy with that over the story in-game models. Though I enjoy the mode, if there aren’t going to be un-lockable accessories to collect, I most likely won’t play much of it.

Okay so Sabrewulf is more powerful than I thought thanks to all the tampering he’s been through.
I sent him to deal with some Cultists, but they were like “wait, spare us and we can grant you an artifact that will make you powerful n’ stuff!” I decided to let em go and see what I could get. But they were all like “oh, that weapon? we actually gave it to this mimic here. Lol :P”. And then the menu prompt came up, "BANISH THEM TO THE ASTRAL PLANE"
Holy ■■■■ dog. Good boy.

1 Like

@developers

Here are a few things i think need to be better by launch.

1- Need to know how many units of an item you have when making a trade
2- Omen is too easy compared to the regular missions. (I destroyed all 4 Omens first attempt with 1 player, barley got hit…but Sadira with shadow buffs kills me just about every time.)

3- When a mimic has a buff for shadow meter, the meter needs to be visually FULL. ( I look at their meter and think they have no shadow wake up and bam! They hit me with a ton of free shadow moves. If the meter was visually full, I would know they had an invincible wake up.)

4- I dont know which of the missions are most important. I try to assume the RED color means most important or I compare to the Threat level. Does it matter whom you accomplish first?

5- The Cities listed as missions need to read as thier continent as well to help match the threat level area. EX: SIberia = Asia. Egypt = Africa (these being obviously easy, some being very unknown cities)

Thanks for an amazing game!

2 Likes

I have an idea that could be interesting for the shadows even though I doubt it will happen. How about if they have the consumable,it uses the blue Shadow bar to fill up the missing portion of the bar and the old Shadow effects to indicate they used the consumable.

1 Like

I was just thinking the exact same thing myself.

The color of the mission means difficulty. That will be made more clear at launch.

So -

Green - Easy
Yellow - Medium
Red - Hard / Impossible

We are also going to fix the continent thing along the lines of what you’re describing.

Thanks for playing.

4 Likes

Think we can get more places to go? (not like actual stages mind you) Places like Siberia, africa, san Francisco etc etc on the world map. Just for the visual appearance really.

Plus having an UT facility in canada would be nice. :slight_smile:

That feel when you have 3 quests in 1 day

3 Likes

Great shadows can be made real easy. It is not hard at all. The shadows just use percentages, so get them high and your shadow will be great. All you do is select easy difficulty. Then combo break, shadow break, and counter break. Your shadow will have a high percentage, and then will be able to do all of those in a match. Yes I have tested this and it works.

Love the SL mode. I really like the suprise KI packs. It was nice to save and get the exact card that I wanted.

The only thing I would like to see is to be able to use more than just the one item in the match. By that I mean if I have 8 potions or hammers, then I would like to be able to keep using them during the match. This would really be helpful when it is 2 or 3 to 1, and you want to use the item in each match, and not worry about saving it for a just incase moment.

1 Like

Finally got to spend some quality time with Shadow Lords over the holiday break. Really digging this mode. I have a couple of things that I’d like added/changed. I read through this thread, but apologies if I’m posting something that’s already been mentioned.

• As some others have mentioned, the time between matches, especially when you’re fighting more than one opponent on a mission can seem to take a little while

• Is there a way to consolidate some of the unlock stuff? If I’m playing a character, and they rank up during Shadow Lords, the screens all pile on top of each other, and get dismissed before I can see what all has happened. Kind of seems like just one dialog could pop up, detailing all the unlocks/rewards

• This last one is more of an idea: I think it would be pretty cool to have a companion app for this. I could see deploying on missions, healing characters in the barracks, buying stuff from the emporium, etc. all being done from an app. Maybe there’s even additional stuff you can do to unlock items for your characters? I know it would be a large task to tackle, but I think it would add a lot.

Anyway, that’s all I have for now. Keep up the great work guys!

1 Like

Your last point sound pretty neat. It could be good for the mission deployment and getting stuff from Kan-Ra’s emporium, but of course you won’t be able to do some missions (like for default instance the battle against Gargos) because those few missions don’t have a chance to deploy. But it could take a time to create an app that can upload any change you do to your current Shadow Lords run.

Played through Shadow Lords mode for the first time over the weekend on Normal mode (I’m rusty AND not very good to begin with). Managed to beat it on my first try, with a few deaths coming mostly from the fact that my Kan-Ra is evidently way worse than I thought he was. Some general thoughts:

1 - And most important, I’d love it if the mode unlocked more things that carried forward to the other modes like multiplayer. I guess the mimic skins are coming, but as I completed the mode, an ‘endless’ mode, I had the feeling that the character dossiers and little cutscenes you have a chance to unlock just weren’t enough to pull me back in, considering most of what you earn is intended only to make the mode easier (gems/power-ups, etc.). One thing I thought that would be great is if you could earn things like:

• free level up booster (apply to any character). I’ve owned the game since season 1 and played quite a bit (nowhere near some people) but still have so many accessories/colors that are locked for characters I play less. If I could be playing Shadow Lords and be making greater in roads on all of the overall unlocks beyond just general leveling up, I’d be far more compelled to play that mode specifically. The way I imagine this happening is getting a rare item that levels up one character OR a Killer item that levels up all characters.

2 - Just a small note, my first time through, I found the UI a little confusing in terms of the following things:

• Corruption level. While it now makes perfect sense to me, when two continents were level one corruption, the little bar with two circles made me think both of those were at 2 corruption levels. I wasn’t properly reading the bar as vertical, nor did I see level 1/level 2/corrupted on that bar. Maybe the goal is to be a little Dark Souls-like in not explaining everything right away, but if that’s something that the devs want to be clear on playthrough one, I think there’s a little bit of info that could go a long way.
  • Green/Orange/Red missions - figured it out eventually that it was difficulty based, but am still unsure if the those colours also indicate anything else (like character specific missions).

3 - I wish the character specific missions were a little more special/a little more obvious to pick up (especially on playthrough 1). That feeling of sameness of missions crept in earlier than I expected, and having more feedback on which missions are ‘special,’ both in advance and after the fact, would go a long way towards making that playthrough feel fresh the whole time.

That’s about it, so far. I would say the only thing keeping me from jumping back in immediately for playthrough 2, after getting a handle on the mechanics of the mode, was a nagging sensation that I wouldn’t be progressing towards anything more meaningful in the game at large. I would imagine a lot of players will play the mode until they unlock mimic skins (hopefully not a huge grind) and then head back to multiplayer.

Either way, having a blast, and glad I managed to unlock the Astral Plane as that’s a beaut!

3 Likes

One thing I notice, and I think the mode lacks for now, is an indication about the enemy’s armor. I don’t really understand why we can’t see it.

Also, I think a faster way to craft things would be cool. I have 308 Shadow Fragment, I can build 77 shadow fragment but even with A spam, that takes some times.

Yeah. I would like a “spend all” button or allotment button. I like getting the battle stem and it costs me nanofibers. I would like a button that lets me spend all nanofibers on stem packs or the allotment button would be like Current balance 308 nanofibers purchase 35 stem packs