Shadow Lords difficulty decrease please

Excuse my autism, “play characters with crazy pokes” thats how iwon. Sabrewulf, Jago and Fulgore.

Well this thread certainly keeps the bad reputation that this community has gotten over the past few months alive and well. Whatever, I’m not going to bring it up any more if elitists are going to just bog down the thread for those of us kindly asking for something.

I also like how not one person who is SOOOOO against this can supply even one good reason as to how this would affect them in any shape or form. Good job on making yourselves look like complete A-holes.

Perhaps cause he likes that particular stage?
I really can’t see the problem if the stage would be unlockable also at normal difficulty.
In the beta it was, and nobody complained about it.

Nope, I didn’t get it.
You don’t know how much he tried, how much free time he has or skill he’ll ever will.
He only asked for something somewhat legit to IG not damaging anyone, no need to start the git gud procedure.
Just my two cents anyway, I don’t want to start an argument. :innocent:

Ok.

If you are playing just for fun, play on Normal. Normal is a cake walk (at least in the beginning) and you’ll amass a bunch of items and loot in your play through. If then you want to go into challenging to unlock the stage, then you can take all the stuff you got in Normal into Challenging, and that should smooth over your experience a bit.

But yeah, if you are a casual player, just play on Normal. There is no shame in that at all.

I could play on Challenging and do well, but I want to unlock the lore (that is my primary concern right now) and have fun, so Normal is where I’m hanging out.

2 Likes

But from what i understand OP and some people in this post, just want to get the stage and never touch SL again.
mb im wrong, mb im not…

1 Like

So your response is to take shots at the entire community and call us A-holes just because three or four people are disagreeing with you? I’m not sure how you think you’re looking any better than the people you’re criticizing, but sure, okay.

Look, you’re asking for something, which you have every right to do. But just as you’re posting on here, so too will people post if they disagree with you and a conversation will ensue. That’s just the nature of posting on a message board, which I’m fairly certain you already know.

If you don’t want to have your request, which comes in the form of an opinion, challenged by anyone with differing opinions, then maybe just send a request directly to the developers?

As for the reason why the difficulty shouldn’t be adjusted, or how it would affect the game… The mode is designed to be played through multiple times. It’s how you’re able to afford better guardians and more and better consumables. If every opponent were easy, you wouldn’t need those better guardians and consumables, would you?

Now, that said… I do believe that the difficulty on Challenging and Normal should be adjusted down a little, and probably more than a little on Normal. I also think that IG could do a better job of tuning the AI so that a medium battle feels like a medium battle and a very hard battle feels very hard.

While anecdotal, I have had the floor wiped with me by some medium opponents while I’ve destroyed some opponents on very hard.

But beyond that… This is the mode. It’s designed for the long term. Not just “play a few matches, beat Gargos and get your reward.” That’s why it takes so much to unlock all of the story bits for each character, and why there are so many of them per character, and why there’s so much you have to do to get the mimic skins. It’s meant for long term value.

Hopefully we’ll get more rewards down the line like accessories, more colors, and maybe even some classic stages or Mira and Eyedol stages, but those should take a bit to unlock too.

I’d be perfectly happy to discuss this further if you want, though it’d be awesome if you could leave the name calling out of it, thanks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well said. No need to feel bad for just playing Shadow Lords on Normal, I mean, I also play on that mode a lot and from time to time on Challenging, having fun is the FIRST thing you have to do and later you can do harder challenges because you get a better idea of how things works (and you’ll have the knowledge of how Shadow Lord Gargos fights, by the way one of the Omen’s personal missions is a fight against Gargos but you’ll fight the Boss version, I think that was not supossed to happen, that fight should be against the playable version Gargos, I say that in order that you can excersise caution with that particular mission).

In theory, yes, you can stay virtually incompetent with the game’s mechanics and grind to L50 and get the color 9s for everyone.

In reality, I have not seen a player that had a L50 competence with a character that couldn’t beat Gargos with said character.

A L50 competence with a character typically will get a player up to Gold in Ranked, which is far better than what is needed to beat Gargos on Challenging. So no, there isn’t really a difference between the 2 as far as the skill you acquired working to get it.

As far as how changing the Astral Plane requirements supposedly doesn’t affect the game…yes it does. MS & IG spent a good deal of resources making the Shadow Lords mode, and they made it with the intent of having players play it for a long time. If they took all the goodies they made for the mode and just handed them out to anyone that played the mode for 10 minutes what do you would suppose they would do? Go back and play it again? No, of course not. They’d take their winnings and use it to hop right back over to exhibition or ranked and never touch SL again, rendering the time, effort, and money the devs spent on the mode a waste. That’s why so many KI fans on here are against people whining that they want to get the goodies just handed to them. We love KI and want to see the game grow & flourish, and not see “scrubs like you” take their hard work, tear it apart like packaging, throw it on the ground, and walk off with your new toy.

2 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

It’s called challenging for a reason…

Challenging is a relative term though. What’s challenging for you might be a breeze for me or it might seem downright impossible. If you’re talking about a mode that’s geared toward more of a casual audience, you might not want to make it so difficult and have death be so punitive at the outset that it actually turns people away.

Now, I’m not saying that’s what’s happening here, but there do seem to be some people complaining about it. I know the first reaction is to say “git gud” but you can’t say that to the entire casual audience because many of them will respond through their actions with “no thanks” and now you’ve lost a customer / possible community member.

Again, I think they should tune the difficulty down a slightly on Challenging and a little more on Normal. I also think that players should start off with three 10% resurrections and that those should be a little easier to come by so that death isn’t quite so punitive on top of corruption increasing and the possible story stuff lost by not being able to use that character.

I’d also add a 4th difficultly level called “Casual” and have that really be the people that are new to fighting games. This could be for people that just want to learn more about the story and have fun in a more relaxing experience.

Have it feel more like the first few matches of survival mode, with Gargos feeling more like the 11th match of survival mode or maybe the 21st. However, I’d say that everything earned in that difficulty level stays in that difficulty level. If they want to move up to normal or challenging, you’d have to start over (which the game should obviously inform the player of before hand).

I think that this would help a lot of people that are complaining about the difficulty in the first run throughs, which I think is inevitable given the nature of the mode and the fact that you have to play several run throughs to get the good stuff and have more of a chance against Gargos. I just worry that some players will try him once, get completely demolished, then throw their hands up and leave in disgust.

Regardless of how much many here like a challenge, putting off some gamers with low level difficulty that still feels too difficult isn’t the best approach when you already have high level difficulty to appease those that are looking for it.

They can go on normal then. If they want to attend the higher difficulties, well that’s fine. No problem. Just be prepared to be bodied if you’re not ready.

Play normal all they want. Get the basic goods. I encourage it. But you want the best goodies? Well gona have to ball like the rest of us.

1 Like

I got a question for you. If i started Call of Duty Black Ops 3 today, do you think I should get the same weapons and perks as someone who has been playing for 8 months?

Most games have different rewards for playing on different skill levels, or for playing for a certain length of time.

I would bet money that they locked the stage again, because of all the players that started SL, skipped straight to Gargos, and beat him just to get the stage, then did not touch the game mode again.

You’d lose that bet. Rukizzel said on an earlier thread it was a issue of game logic… They wanted X to happen, so Y had to happen as well… Y being locking the stage back. They were wanting everything to carry over from the SL preview.

Ok. Not going to lie though I sort of liked the idea of unlocking it again. Now no one can say we only got it because of the early access.

1 Like