Shadow Lords Crashing- Fix Found, Work Around (optional)

Hi everyone,

We finally found the bug that is crashing Shadow Lords! Thank to the players that helped us with their save data, you made a huge difference.

This bug will be fixed in 3.7, but unfortunately that is currently not scheduled until March. There is a voluntary work around however you can do that has been confirmed (by a volunteer player) so you do not have to wait.

Here is the issue:

• The crash is only affecting people that have more than 32 friends on a Shadow Lords (SL) leaderboard.
  • Each difficulty has a unique leaderboard.
  • So player A for example might have 40 friends that are on SL Normal, and 20 friends on Challenging, 10 on Godlike. Player A therefore gets a crash when trying to play SL normal, but SL works on challenging and godlike.

This is why players are reporting some difficulties crash but not others!

Is is the voluntary temporary fix:

• Reduce your friends list of players that are on Shadow Lords leaderboards to get under the 32 friend limit caused by this bug.
  • The hard part about this is knowing who and how many. A suggestion is look at friends and compare if they have Shadow Lords achievements if you are not sure.
  • Another suggestion is to reduce in batches, then see if you can run Shadow Lords on the difficulty you desire. Stop once it works.

We totally understand this is not ideal and the bug will be properly fixed in 3.7 and this limitation will be gone.

Sharing this work around is purely to ensure that you have all the information, and give you the choice to get back into the mode. Especially with Kilgore’s secret quest just released we do not want you to miss out.

We really are bummed, this is the kind of bug that we lose sleep over, again thank you to the players that gave us such great info and help to find and crush it.

-James

8 Likes

Hmmmm interesting. Guess it explains why I don’t have the bug.

2 Likes

This could take a few hours i have 890 friends

3 Likes

Yes!!! It actually works!!! Finally able to play this mode again now

1 Like

we can all make mistakes. program is very difficult.

1 Like

This saves me from creating a thread on this issue now that it’s been found and explained. Kind of sucks though that the work around is to delete friends. I’m not going through all that hassle, figuring out who’s been playing SL. That’s a ton of people!

I don’t have much time to play these days, so time is a luxury and with the latest update (3.6) you get to earn stuff, so we have to wait until March to play SL?! Ugh…

I guess the alternative would be to play on a secondary or tertiary account? Would unlocking items this way work when logging on your main account? Like colors/skins?

It boggles my mind at how friends on Xbox are connected to a game mode crash. Programming is weird, man.

1 Like

Create a fixed size array with 32 positions to store references to your friends in SL leaderboard, forget to check this size when filling the list and watch your memory leak and your program crash.

Programming is terrible that way, to the point you start to get suspicious when your code works on the first try.

2 Likes

Can I just point out that James said we’re not getting another big update till March? Like damn that’s a long time.

1 Like

Only a good 2 months if its early march, so lets hope for that. There’s also plenty of room for several small updates…especially since we will be getting regular (was it weekly?) new or other interesting stuff.

I think it’s gonna be mid-March, right after the World Cup.

Ok, 2 and a 1/2 month then. Still we are getting regular stuff and its not like we got regular big updates before…

And we get a lot more small updates…was the terror skin set available tomorrow? I’ll buy that one, no interest in the gold ones.

My shadow lords has crashed twice on me, and I don’t have any friends.

Shadow lords has been crashing on me every time I lose to Gargos.

1 Like

Solition found: Stop losing…

:wink:

1 Like

Well I did finally best Gargos on challenging lol.

1 Like

Good job, hope my problem solving skills helped you out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I didn’t even know James created this thread LOL… I was one of the first to try this and it does work. I’ve been playing SL ever since!

All I did was delete all the friends that had Ki avatars that I did not actually know or play sets with on a consistent basis. I went from 171 friends to 100 and bam… it worked!

No issues.

Same situation, no friends. What worked for me is start a new team. I had started Shadow Lords before Kilgore was out, so I don’t know if the issue was that my save file had no Kilgore. Anyway, it worked for me. Good luck