Shadow Jago's New Ultra

So I think in a press thing/text stream IG said that Shadow Jago would get his own unique Ultra Combo. Figured it’d be fun to speculate how it’ll look, so I made a thread.
Me thinks it will maintain some similarity with Jago, but take some elements from Omen as well as his new move set and even his Ultimate. A lot of kicks and sword swipes, often going back and forth with each strike through the opponent (like the Shago slide or the Ultimate, as opposed to the Omen or Cinder style…unless each hit I multihitting). It’d be rad if he included fireballs or other energy attacks during the juggle portion, as well as his ground bouncing dive kick thing, before hoping into the air for a few more sword swipes and finishing off with a series of DP’s ending with a standard five hit Shoryuken ala Jago or Fulgore.

Ultra ender could be similar to his end pose, blasting his opponent with a Shendokuken, or could be replaced by his Ultimate for extra flair.

Thoughts? What do you dudes think?

P.S: Wouldn’t mind some spoilers from @TempusChaoti or @TheKeits :wink:

4 Likes

I’m hoping his divekick has something to do with it at least.

4 Likes

Dude, he gotz aerial fireballs!!!

No Laser Sword or Windkick??? No problem. Slide into Dive Kick into launcher into aerial juggle with Fireballs into ground bounce recapture into another Dive Kick into a Gargos Fury (DP) launcher ender. Of course, toss in some Auto-Doubles and Command/Openers to mix up the ‘intos’ :wink:

The manual Ultra Ender; Leaping spin kick.

5 Likes

I will say this: I now cannot wait to see Shadow Jago’s new Ultra Combo and Ultra Ender too. I also can’t wait until his new Ultra is FINALLY done/finished and revealed anytime soon from now :smile:

4 Likes

All I am thinking about is finally being able to do three full ultras with Shago. It will be insane! Can’t wait to see it. Oh, just had another thought, we will finally in the series of KI see an Ultra and Ultimate be done in the same combo (assuming you can instinct cancel into Ultimate).

2 Likes

Sword.

Nuff said

3 Likes

I'll be watching #KillerInstinct #SCR2015 finals @IToTheG in Chicago while crafting #ShadowJago's new #ultra. Inspire me w/ epic combos FTW!

— DJames (@DJamesGoddard) October 10, 2015

whoops- did I just slip that #ShadowJago WILL have his own custom KICK-■■■ #Ultra? No, I must be #Trolling right? ;)

— DJames (@DJamesGoddard) October 10, 2015

Hmm…

2 Likes

4 Likes

Milhouse has seen!

5 Likes

will be crazy… o yeah you will see

1 Like

ALL ON BOARD THE KI HYPE TRAIN NOW! :sunglasses:

At the end I feel like he should do a one hit DP,teleport behind and do a 2 hit DP and one last time for a final 3 hit DP.

3 Likes

His new Ultra looks fantastic!

3 Likes

I agree! :smiley:
The rhythm, the particle effects, the animations, the way the camera goes nuts when he does the ninja slide, the way it incorporates different aspects of the character (Omen’s taunt, some Jago rhythm/normals, lots of Shendokukens and other flashy moves)…
It’s probably one of the strongest Ultra Combos in the game.
Also, 170 is really good. Highest I’ve gotten is 164. Right on :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Totally agree, It’s one of the best. I hope the S3 ultras all hold up to it too!

1 Like

How does Shadow Jago instinct work? What does it do?

Shadow Jago’s instinct does a few things.
*+2 frame advantage on every move.
*If he dashes through an opponent or hits them with a fire ball, he can use their meter to make his moves cost half as much meter.
*Gives him access to the Annihilation super that deals about 48% unblockable damage.

1 Like

Here you go guys. Want a challenging Shadow Jago Ultra to beat? Beat mine =)

2 Likes

Damn… Highest I’ve gotten is 179…
Well done, sir. I’ll have to try this out later. (So many things I didn’t even know you COULD do!)
Once again, your vids impress.

240 :smile:

2 Likes