Shadow Jago tournament legality discussion

Well they give free codes for Shago to tournament operators AND you can still fight against other players who use him online, I don’t see any reason why he shouldn’t be allowed. Sounds like needless controversy to me. :\

It’s not about tournament organizers, though, it’s about the people who will be attending the tournaments who need to practice against him.

And playing against people online who use the character is not at all the same as taking him to training mode and practicing specific things (or playing the character yourself, so you can see his weaknesses). It’s not an acceptable substitute for just making the character available to everyone.

While it’s not what you meant, I agree that this is very needless; if they release Shago in the store for $5 like every other character, this whole issue would totally disappear.

1 Like

Ask and ye shall receive.

/thread

6 Likes

Well that solves that. Glad they made the right decision.

3 Likes

I guess this thread is going to be closed soon.

1 Like

And even as him, because he just might be your best route to success depending on who else you main and what you’re up against.

Anyway, this has been addressed as of today, and I’ve already posted my thoughts in the other thread. In short: yay for inclusivity!

2 Likes

Shago should still be $5 dollars. Why the 10 dolalrs?

shadow jago was never 5 bucks, shadow jago has no individual price, its a bundle, its BS, but its a bundle.

Ever played Magic: the Gathering? If so, ever heard of Fourth Edition, Chronicles, the Reserve List and all of that drama?

It may be a bit of a stretch to compare, since Shago has no theoretical resell value (but also fuck that, nobody should value a goddamn piece of cardboard at $10+ either), but when a once-exclusive thing that is valued for its rarity becomes widely available for a pittance, people lose their ■■■■. You’d have people immediately getting up to complain about how much they were charged for Shago just yesterday, or three months or a year ago, and when we’re talking about a difference in price that amounts to a coffee or two, it’s just not worth the ire. They’re probably risking enough ire making him permanently available as is, as much as I think that’s the correct decision. It’s not ideal that people throw fistfuls of money at a game and then complain when the price gets lowered, but it is what it is.

That said, whilst we can’t speak to the internal planning at IG, to our knowledge Shago was given a moveset as a standalone thing without being attached to the organizing or resource allocation for a larger product (i.e. a season), and without the marketing push that comes with that. The community fund itself didn’t payroll his development, and it’s not clear how much that funding drive raised in excess, and who knows how many people just settle on a package at the launch of a season and wouldn’t look at the store after that? Under the circumstances, that’d seem to make Shago a niche extra, and whilst I’m not happy about the $10 price tag either, I’m not going to die on a hill to fight for the devs to receive less compensation for putting themselves out to do a remarkable job on a niche community wishlist item.

1 Like

I agree. I consider Shadow Jago and Omen the true DLC of the game based on development.

1 Like

Ten bucks is better than $19.99. That’s just me though.

1 Like

Players can get all the two first combo breaker packs in the “Double Combo pack” for $30, then Season 3 all characters is $20. Adding in Shago is another $10

So I think that’s perfectly fine given you can still own every character in this game (Shago included) for the price of a regular full fighting game, $60 dollars.

It’s kinda confusing though with Supreme Edition, which is $60 dollars and doesn’t have Shago, because in that edition Season 3 is the “ultra version”

I think this might confuse players since the $60 dollar version doesn’t come with every character, but you can get every character for $60 dollars.

It may help if they just released a “Just $60 dollars for a complete game”-edition.