Sega Battle Genesis? New fighting game?

Apparently a new trademark was filed and Virtua fighter’s tm renewed at the same time. I wonder what Battle Genesis could be? A brawler like smash? :slight_smile: A pachinko game? :smile: another 2D anime fighter? We’ll see. Hopefully soon too.

1 Like

Virtua Fighter 6: Battle Genesis.

PLEASE SEGA GODS PLEASE :joy:

4 Likes

Whatever it is… it better have Jacky & Akira In it… I’ve been waiting so long !!!

2 Likes

It could be something similar to Fighters Megamix.

Virtua Fighter 6 is the fighting game that i want more than any game.

Virtua Fighter : Battle Genesis or VFBG sounds hype btw…

1 Like

From your lips to Sega’s ears, man!! I would absolutely love to see that.

I think a new Fighters Megamix would be pretty great also. Include characters from Golden Axe, Shinobi, Vectorman, Jet Set Radio, House of the Dead, Skies of Arcadia, Shining Force, Phantasy Star, Last Bronx, Headhunter, Space Channel 5, Shenmue, Crazy Taxi, Condemned, Super Monkey Ball, Streets of Rage, Panzer Dragoon, Virtual On, Nights, Clockwork Knight, Alex Kidd, Dragon Force, Fighting Vipers, Altered Beast, Sonic, Virtua Cop, Yakuza, Bug, Virtua Fighter… That could be a crazy awesome fighting game roster!

I honestly don’t care if it’s a 3D fighter like VF, or a 2D fighter like MvC or a Smash type game. Any style they decided to go with would be awesome to me, and the more of those characters that are in it, the better.

2 Likes

I wish Fighting Vipers would return. Loved FV2 on Dreamcast.

2 Likes

With a name like that, I hope it’s a Sega smash clone. That series needs some genuine competition

1 Like

You just said the magic words that get you an auto like, yes!!!

1 Like

I’ll be sad if it’s indeed going to be another non fighting game aka pachinko :slightly_frowning_face:

I doubt it I mean Sega is starting to grow a brain again.

It could be a trading card game for all we know, I don’t want to get my hopes up just yet to have them dashed later on. However it is interesting and this is a NEW filling for VF not a renew and that’s the talking point here.

Really? A new filing? That would be awesome. Only fear I have is that it is another pachinko of some sort.

Almost half a year later and nothing.