Seems pretty obvious Gargos is getting a stage

Not sure if AP, but people who have been speculating that the background in Gargos’s hero art is his stage might be right. Look at the bottom left of this screengrab from the trailer:

Bottom left is clearly a stage floor. #Team4Stages

13 Likes

Yep, that’s what we were all speculating. A stage that’s inside whatever realm he crawled out of.

5 Likes

Just hope they don’t miss the opportunity to call it the Shadow Realm.

6 Likes

It’ll be called the Astral Plane, if anything.

5 Likes

Ah the sneak peek at the SL’s mode.

1 Like

Season 3’s Shadow Tiger Lair. Do a bunch of secret requirements to fight a special boss to unlock the Astral Plane.

2 Likes

That could just be a thing for Shadow Lords. Not necessarily a playable stage.

3 Likes

Looks basic enough to be something they threw together after the three stage backlash without needing too much budget so I’m inclined to believe it is a stage.

3 Likes

As some of you may or may not know, there aren’t any new assets built for trailers it’s pretty much a lot of fancy camera work using existing assets ingame. With that in mind, I’m thinking it could potentially be Gargos’ stage and is unlocked after beating him in Shadow Lords.

Lol but there wasn’t any fancy camera work in this trailer. In fact it could possibly be the worst trailer. It didn’t show his default look. For some reason it’s the first trailer in which a character is combo broken and in gargos’s case doesn’t make him look good. It even had an awkward two back steps in the end with a delayed taunt. For a trailer that’s been held back for a while it looks like a rush job that happened by just taking stream footage of a few matches.

That’s not the point. The point is, we saw some sort of new background that looks like it could be a stage at the beginning of the trailer. Additionally, the fact that they make trailers using assets that are already in the game suggests that it’s quite possible it’s Gargos’ stage and perhaps we’ll have to unlock it by beating him in Shadow Lords.

I wonder what will happen if you pop the Ultra on Gargos’s stage, (e.g. Spider comes out on Sadira’s stage and the glass breaks in ARIA’s stage), maybe Earth in the background will incinerate like how it does in Shinnok’s hand in his victory pose in MKXL.

He also has that image as his background in the survival ladder. Mira and Rash have the purple background. Really hope this all comes true and Gargos gets his proper stage.

2 Likes

Looks like Rainbow Road from Mario Kart. Seems like we are getting guest stages too now :joy:

2 Likes

Ummm, yes it did.

And this didn’t happen.

1 Like

Must admit as soon as I saw the trailer I immediately thought that must be a new stage.

When he says the line ‘begin the invasion’ he’s standing like he would for an intro, suggesting he’s on the left side of a stage. Also as previously mentioned you can see a floor in the bottom left.

Also again as someone else mentioned he’s standing on it for his survival image as opposed to the purple background Mira and Rash get.

And again as someone else mentioned (sorry I should have just done multiple post quotes) new assets aren’t made for the trailers, they’re all in the stages.

All this together I think we’re definitely going to get this stage in Shadow Lord Mode and if we don’t it’s silly because they’ve clearly made it.

Nevermind there are like 5 gargos videos on the KI channel.

[quote=“DoobyDude23, post:4, topic:10796”]
t’ll be called the Astral Plane, if anything.
[/quote]I vote for “Space Place”. #Spaceplace2016

[quote=“BHswordsman09, post:7, topic:10796, full:true”]
That could just be a thing for Shadow Lords. Not necessarily a playable stage.
[/quote]True enough, however I don’t think there has been a single case of assets in this game being exclusive to a mode other than the training stage. If the devs take the time to make something, odds are they’ll let us use it. Especially since it looks a lot like the sky stage that everyone has been begging for, it would make an awesome unlockable.

[quote=“JetstreamDan, post:9, topic:10796, full:true”]
As some of you may or may not know, there aren’t any new assets built for trailers it’s pretty much a lot of fancy camera work using existing assets ingame. With that in mind, I’m thinking it could potentially be Gargos’ stage and is unlocked after beating him in Shadow Lords.
[/quote]Pretty much this, they have never created new assets for any of the trailers aside from a few one-time voice clips. If the Space Place™ was used in the trailer, its in the game somewhere. Even if it is Shadow Lords exclusive, there IS a new stage of some sort.

3 Likes

Okay I second #Spaceplace2016 :smiley:

Devs dont do unplayable characters

My money its with they not doing unselectable stages

1 Like