Season 3 music. You like it?

I like season 3 music and I will buy it if they sell it. And maybe they can include snes version music of KI since it’s a bit different than the arcade

That is the perfect way to describe Season 1 and 2’s music! I like season 3’s music, specifically Kim’s, Arby’s, and Tusk’s, but for the most part they are missing the storytelling. Arby’s does seem to have more storytelling to it than the other season 3 cast but I credit that to Atlas working with Halo’s music department before.

overall im content with the music. they are all very hype!

i gotta disagree with the “S3 music doesnt tell a story” specifically in Tusk’s case, when i listen to it, im picturing him sailing the seas with his viking brethren, at war with his enemies just seeking Death, as the music picks up, the bloodlust of battle calls to him as he becomes more enraged, the idle theme makes me think of his loneliness and inevitable realization that he may never find death while all his loved ones die around him

1 Like

I agree that Tusk’s theme tells a story, as does Arbiter’s. Kims and Rash’s, not much if at all. Mira’s… I don’t really know about yet.

Gargos, on the other hand, seems (from the clips and stream) to fit with his theme in terms of a story - locked away in another dimension, he is finally able to unleash his power uppon this world.

As to how it compares to s1 and 2, though the music is well produced, I just feel it doesn’t havae enough weight behind it. Maybe If the new composers had handled the music from the beginning of s1, things might be very different now. Fact is that Mick worked on S1 and 2, providing a soundtrack with enough bass (that wasn’t just the guitar line directly and instead was an octave lower and altered to fit the chords etc), drums that fitted the song and a diversification rarely if ever seen in a fighting game franchise other than KI.

This is not meant to reflect badly on Plug and Celldweller, They are both good at what they do. Guess it’s partly nostalgia. All things considered though, it’s a little alteration but it’s not a deffinite bad or good one. We’ll have to see what happens with Shadow Lords and whether it has its own score as well.

1 Like

Tusk’s theme is is my favorite of all of the seasons. I’ll just leave it at that. The only KI music that beats it, IMO, is the select screen music, the opening music and Sabrewulf’s theme in KI 1 (absolutely amazing). Again, IMO.

dat character select, and ‘checking download’ music, is easily the hypest in the game. Character select is easily hall of fame material

I feel the same, I mean…is like the new music has the punch and rhythim for a Rave party and stuff…but I think it lacks the substance.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think the S3 music is bad

IDK man, is not bad music but I think it kind of evoque the viking rock music band, and that’s OK. But I think is far from telling you a story, for example, take Spinal theme, that stuff is epic.

And with tusk we’re talking about an immortal viking from the north, you can’t go short on lore and history and celtic music, and chants, chorus and stuff you can find.

I think both are doing a good job at s3. I just didn’t like tusk’s but i really dont like this shouting, epic, north european metal thing… But that is just my personal taste.

1 Like

Meh, Mick Gordon is better, but I love some of the soundtracks of S3, but mick gordon’s vibe is even better…

And soz for the necro, bois…

I disagree. IMO Tusk’s theme tells a story. It has monotonous steady rhytm, just as Tusk who is tired of living for 10k years but has to push on regardless.

1 Like

Or maybe is the song he sings with his mates on the way to the local pub