Season 3 music. You like it?

So far Celldweller and Atlas Plug have had mostly hits with the S3 soundtrack. Arby’s theme is probably my favorite, with Mira and Tusk’s as runner ups.

Gargos’ theme for sure is gonna overthrow that ranking, the preview cut in S3’s launch trailer was incredible and it’s a big reason as to why I’m so antsy for his release, I gotta get my fix!

My favorite theme is Tusk’s, then Rash, Abiter, Mira, Kim.

I did not like the Gargos music teasr at all, so I hope there’s room for improvement.

Mick Gordon has RANGE. with his music suggestions. Cell dweller is cool but he always puts his “own” spin on the music and themes then what seems appropriate. Rock and guitar is cool, but Maya, aganos, kan ra, didn’t have that influence and those themes work GREAT.

4 Likes

I like Celldweller and Altas Plug’s work so far. LOVE Kim Wu’s theme, love Tusk’s theme, and like Arbiter’s as well. Not every piece of Mick’s was a masterpiece either, so I’m not expecting to absolutely adore every track they do. That said, I’ve enjoyed just about all of their tracks so far. I’d say they’re proving themselves to be worthy successors to the KI audio legacy. :slight_smile:

I love Tusk’s theme, so much so that it’s in my workout playlist. I like Arbiter and Rash’s, but not so much Mira and Kim Wu’s.

Rash’s theme feels horribly out of place without a stage.

Mira, Tusk, and Arbiter’s themes are great, Kim’s not quite so much for me.

1 Like

So far i LOVE Season 3’s soundtrack, Kims is the only one thats kinda meh for me, mainly only the 16+ hit dynamic theme.

Arbiters theme is great, very Halo, as it needs to be, although i wish his idle theme was the classic Halo choir singing the KI theme. (god imagine how good that would sound)

Mira’s is quite engaging, the synth sounds make for excellent transitions and make the theme very consistent, its quite enjoyable (although the laugh in her prolonged danger music makes me cringe so hard)

Rash, i hate this F*cking character so much, but I do love his music, although i do agree that around 80% of the theme is the KI theme, which sounds awesome, but it takes away from the Battletoads vibe, there are great parts in his theme that dont involve the KI theme at all.

Tusk, ohhh Tusk, his theme is everything i wanted the moment i saw his tease, and in the end, i was absolutely blown away, when i saw him i wanted a very Amon Amarth/folk metal theme for him, what we got was above and beyond, a great mix of Lord of the Rings, Skyrim, and Amon Amarth makes for the greatest character theme in the game IMHO (I have his idle theme as my ringtone)

Gargos, i cant give a full review yet, but im very happy with what they’re doing so far, i always wanted Gargos’ eventual new theme to be a new rendition of his original theme (his original being one of my favorite KI themes), Im really excited to hear more in his trailer (at this point i’d rather wait for the trailer, tease seems a little too late to happen lol) and i am excited for Cell and Plugs eventual “Making the Music for Gargos” video

With mods it could be possible.

Hate everything about Rash

Kim theme is great
Tusk is awesome

Arby is ok- sounds like Tusk
Mira sounds like mick’s Glacius theme

Gargos theme is more of the same

I’m a mick fan- there’s nothing wrong with that
Hisako Thunder Sadira & Kan Ra will be legendary forever

I still want to hear MickS Kim Wu & Tusk & the rest I don’t care if it’s technoguitar they don’t have a connection so I can give or take any other producer or GarageBand

Man, this is great, everyone thinks different about the music XD.

Agree that I hate not having stages for all the characters, Rash needs an stage, so is Mira.

Maybe we should have a contest, so that the community could send some concept art and stuff for the missing stages,

I think that everyone should get a stage, EXCEPT RASH…I HATE RASH!! HATE HATE HATE!!!

1 Like

Maybe the classic Halo theme could be something for Master Chief if he gets in the game. They could still put him in.

1 Like

If you go to one of the KI Arbiter themes uploaded by RKO in the comments section Marty O Donnel praises the track.

I wish there was a way we could DELETE a character

Kim Wu theme annoys me.
Rash theme is nice
I love Tusk theme because he is my main, but it is too sabaton-ish; I would prefer his KI2 theme redone.
I like Arbiter theme, but he does not deserve stage. Gargos should have stage instead.

A lot of then we’re paying homage to the original tracks, spinal’s ki2 track was always epic.

That being said, s3 sounds no different than the first two to me, but the whole thing is kinda ‘meh’ to me, especially compared to the classic (remix) tracks in the game for training mode.

I listen to S1 and S2 music almost daily. Granted there are some songs I don’t care for. S3 other than Tusk don’t really listen to much else. Arbiter’s is okay, don’t like Rash and Kim-wu theme all that much. I liked the teaser theme for Mira, after listening to it though…other than a few parts I’m not feeling it. S3 is still “young” hopefully I can find more themes to listen to in the future.

1 Like

Lol Bb, I know. I know.

Edit: Autocorrect sucks.

Someone put it perfectly when they said something along the lines of “micks music was telling you a story” This really did come across with Aganos and Spinal themes for instance.

For me the S3 OST is very highly produced, in that the quality of the programmes and instruments they are using are top notch. The tracks themselves however just feel like run of the mill background noise, and certainly (in my opinion) don’t tell you the story of the character

4 Likes

I never remember to change the damn music and since the stages were canned I’ll probably never really enjoy the music much. Only one I can remember is Rash’s but dude who posted above is right, it’s 90% ki theme and 10% battletoads.