Season 3 Final Season?

This. One KI per gen.

Other seasons don’t need 8-9 characters each.

Maybe season 4 only includes 4 but lets say it adds a stage ultra to all stages, includes stages for all character plus the previous ones that didnt get one. A 3rd costume for every character, ultimates and stuff like that. They can make it worth 20USD even with less characters.

for free?

1 Like

Agree with this can’t believe people actually want this to be the final season??? Keep releasing new seasons and content til the next gen console comes I say. In terms of making an entirely new KI game there’s no real need for that right now. The lighting changes already being introduced goes to show they are willing to touch it up if that’s what people are getting at?

2 Likes

I hope it isn’t. I like the way they set this game up. I’m not doing too well financially so this seasonal f2p model works for me. I can choose to buy whatever I like whenever I want to, I get free balance updates, I get access to a training mode with frame data and hitboxes to help me stay competitive and a netcode that provides the ability to train real-time and stay competitive.

In other fighting games I won’t mention, I would have to pay just to even get a chance to try a new character. If that weren’t enough, I would have to pay for balance updates, and look elsewhere on forums and other avenues just to get access to frame data and hitboxes to remain competitive. Thats the free route, or I could just pay just for access to said data.

So KI in a nutshell, f2p, diverse cast, balanced roster, free balance updates, free in game access to frame data and hitboxes, plus the cherry on top, straight pipeline to the developers that keep in touch with the community and communicate. As long as they keep pumping content out I ain’t going anywhere, this is the only fighting game I could afford to play and stay competitive in.

I hate seeing posts like this, some of these people really don’t know how good we have it in the ki community. I dare you to join any other fgc and see how it all really works, you will be in for a rude awakening.

2 Likes

Agree with this too, i am shocked at how many people want this to be the last season.

I seriously have to laugh at people getting mad at others who want Season 3 to be the finale. A lot of us think 3 is perfect amount before moving on to the Xbox Two.

The people on this forum are insanely short sighted. The theme in every thread is always MORE MORE MORE, when it often needs to be IMPROVING some of what we already have while adding to it.

W still need a lot of what’s currently available fixed and added on to! Fixed S1 retros, Ultimates, stage finishers, a final coherent story (Gargos), and half a dozen other fan requested features. I say work on this stuff first and get a final stellar complete product before just piling on more characters. Once the content and features are in let the game mature and the tech grow after Season 3 and be done except for minor bug fixes balance patches if absolutely necessary.

I seriously have to laugh at people getting mad at others who want Season 3 to be the finale. A lot of us think 3 is perfect amount before moving on to the Xbox Two.
The people on this forum are insanely short sighted. The theme in every thread is always MORE MORE MORE, when it often needs to be IMPROVING some of what we already have while adding to it.
Fixed S1 retros, Ultimates, stage finishers, a final coherent story (Gargos), and half a dozen other fan requested features. I say work on this stuff first and get a final stellar complete product before just piling on more characters.

While I’m not mad at anyone, I think you and I have a slightly different view on what “Improve” is. How working on everything we already have in the game from square one to make a new game ensures it will be improved? Do you realize that, to make a new Killer Instinct they will have to Re-Do everything we already have and add more so people won’t complain the game was “not as good as KI1”?
In the end, maintaining KI for a couple more years polishes the game instead of stopping now, when the game will be released for PC. It will make it competitive. How come launching a new KI with 9~12 characters will compete with an already improved Mortal Kombat at that time?
I don’t care if Season 4 comes with 4 or 15 characters (as long as they all have stages), but the important thing is that the game is renewed and improved with every season. Coming with a new game just to start releasing modes and characters and improvements over time will not help KI.

Well first off you’re acting as if making an all new KI for Xbox Two is some far off dream game…don’t forget the system is only probably 2 or 3 years away and MS needs a staple fighting franchise. S3 won’t be totally complete till probably fall winter. For a follow up next gen KI the core mechanics and gameplay are there, we are talking mainly about all new graphics here…which yes will be a lot of work…another reason why I think it makes sense to stop at 3. If the budget and demand is there it’s the best option, especially to compete with MK, SF, etc on PS5/Xbox two etc.

However I did misunderstand you I guess cause I totally agree that I want the current game to be improved upon, I just don’t think it needs a ‘season 4’ due to the character count by s3 end. If they can update the IN GAME HUD, give us fixed/new S1 retros and Ultimates personally I’ll be happy but I doubt we are even getting that. :confused: I guess I just see too many holes in the games current state where I can’t even think about an S4 or more characters at this stage. For me it’s always quality > quantity.

they said their will be 8-9 characters we already have four so far. Kim, Tusk, Arby, and rash. Even as we get three stages only. More are coming over the course, me thinks.

No one here is asking for more its extremely short sighted of you to say stop where it is now. The seasonal model is no different to the DLC model most games follow in the industry today, it keeps existing titles alive for longer and makes sense overall for KI to move with the times and continue to adopt this model. When people say no more seasons for KI what that basically means is whatever comes in the next update is the book end of this KI chapter. You also need to realise gaming is a business if season 3 is the last, then the support we get for this game will become limited over time. It will then, no longer make sense for MS to add anything more to the game. If you think concluding the seasons means they will spend time and money to add more stages for free then think again. If you want them to add things like ultimates, less characters and all the other things you mentioned they would need to put it into a 4th season for it to make sense from a business point of view. Games consoles are being superseded at longer and longer intervals, the xbox 360 was around for 8 years before the xbox one came out, which in a way indicates we are not even half way through the xbox ones life span. It would be somewhat premature to make plans for a next gen KI when that might not come for another 5+ years.

I think we all want the same thing but have different understandings of what could come with further seasons. Imo every season doesn’t need to have 8-9 characters, maybe the term “season” could be dropped. Maybe extra content could be purchased like Shago was?

Season 3 might have 9 characters new modes and only 3 stages with all stages being touched up with lighting

Season 4 could be 3 characters and several new stages with all character models (retro etc) being touched up with every character getting a ultimate and extra costume

Most of us are not asking for or expecting a character roster as big as super smash brothers, we are just saying future seasons don’t have to come with 8-9 characters every time if that’s what you’re worried about.

1 Like

What I’m worried about is them implamenting some change that ruins the game. The more seasons there are, the more likely that is. I don’t want KI to be something where people say " It was great, until Season X. That ruined it"

Yeah i see what u mean, i hope they don’t mess about with the mechanics too much. Just focus on the things mentioned in the forum

Anyway, I’m sure they are not dropping this game so soon.

• It will be like a recently released game when it comes to PC. Do you drop a game right before it is launched? No. One reason to not drop it.
  • Arbiter is here to bring more players to KI. Another reason to not drop it.
  • KI is renewed for more 2 years of championships. Would they organize this to an end-of-developing game?I don’t think so.
4 Likes

call me crazy but I don’t think all promotion & support will simultaneously end with development.

1. the community isn’t going to spontaneously combust
  2. People who don’t/didn’t buy digital and PC players are both new potential buyers.
  3. Merchandising: Figures, T-shirts, Pins…ect

im not talking about S3

I love fighting games ( games period ) just as much as the next person, but I don’t like seeing games that I enjoy being over done and being abused. For example I love the MK franchise. MK the 2011 version was great, then MKX came out and I was disappointed in quite a few things. Being released with less stages than before, moves like the x-rays were over done 'til they almost look like fatalities, and the combo system is not as good as the 2011 MK. Another example Star Wars Battlefront on Xbox One. I also own Battlefront 2 on PS2 and to see that it was released without content from the old one like being able to roll and dodge bullets, or having a good amount of characters and game modes. Also the gameplay were the Jedi move slower than the ones on PS2. Now they don’t even triple jump or flip sideways to dodge attackers or dash at a high rate of speed while slicing and dicing with their light sabers. Now KI is a good game and I love the gameplay, but some things stuck out and fans who know about certain games know when something’s not right with a game. Like Thunder and Sabrewulf’s Retro costumes. What happened to the Sabrewulf with the ripped shorts and wrapping around his claws or Thunder with the mohawk? Never seen him look like he was in a biker club on the old KI, but you’d expect for the developers to know things like that. Stages ultras should’ve been in the play book since the release ( I really thought Thunder’s stage had a stage ultra from the way it looks ). It seem like nowadays ( and honestly I don’t know why ) but developers will bring out games and forget what made the games good to begin with. Nowadays a game will get released and be halfway complete, then add dlc throughout time which will take more money out of our pockets with season passes and things like that. What happened to the good old days when games came complete and you had to beat a game a certain amount of times or with certain charaters to unlock new characters and stages? I’ve questioned that since “dlc” came in the picture.

1 Like

Hope its not the last season just yet. We’ve seen so many original characters ideas pop up in other threads lately.
Like a witch, staff wielding monkey ninja (which sounds godlike), Knights, frankensteins and the old but wise sensei from ki2. These would be great additions to the cast over time.
It can’t finish til I’ve my archer and whip characters either

1 Like

While I agree with some points…

Games are more expensive and time consuming to make now then for example in the 90’s, so they put in the game what the budget allows (for example only three stages).

When they release DLC (and I mean post game content, not purposely withheld content, like capcom did with content already on the disc) I dont have a problem with it, I like playing the games I enjoy for a longer period of time because of new stuff. And It makes sense that they dont give it away for free.

That said, KI is a game made to be build upon, since it was a gamble to release it in the first place, so their budget probably went to building a solid fighter first, retro’s and stage ultra’s be damned. Now I agree some retro’s are bad, most of all hyena Wulf. And if they have the budget/time to improve I’m all for it, however I dont want it to stand in the way of new content. And the devs already added some stage ultra’s so its not like they arent trying.

Also, the good old days had SF2, SF 2 Turbo, super SF 2, Super SF 2 Turbo Ultra Ultimate Edition… And the same happened to SF4, to me that seems to clean out your wallet more then KI does. The good old days indeed.

Also, I remember getting N64 games not published by Nintendo costing me an arm and a leg, super star soccer cost me around 229 guilders (old dutch currency) which equels about 100 dollar.

1 Like

Who was the sensei in KI2?

A shang stung parody