Season 3 Final Season?

1 Like

The audience for a KI 2 isnt any bigger than the audience for season 3. So I dont know if a KI2 will have such a bigger budget. I would use this console cycle to raise awareness and popularity of the game.

Add to that we will be used to having a large character selection (I didnt really started playing the game till season 2). A second game will be starting with less characters (perhaps missing favorites), less modes, etc.

A second game will also most likely not come till the next generation consoles, and I dont feel like waiting :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’d rather they expand the game this whole console cycle, that way it will have yearly (?) new stuff and we can use it together with what we already have. Instead of just the new stuff in isolation.

3 Likes

Of course it is. Many people only picks fighting games that start fresh to stay competitive. Many SF players are aware that KI is good, but they won’t play the game because its too late to become relevant players.

KI has sent a message with its comeback. A sequel would tell many players that we are not a one hit wonder community.

I agree and have the same feeling with the release for PC, this will be the last version, as we know KI

I do not think the support will be terminated, and do not think never see new characters.

BUT the seasons as we know, I also think it will end.

Then we’ll see one or two characters being introduced sporadically, maybe characters invited to help launch new games. For example, MS will launch a new IP, sets the character as extra dlc for KI

Support for the championships and cooking new game, with new engine etc.

To be honest, I always thought of this game having three seasons. I don’t know why, call it a gut feeling. I’ll say this though. If they think about a sequel, I hope IG’s on board again. These guys get what makes the game fun for me personally and I appreciate their community interaction.

2 Likes

Exactly how I feel. But Idk what they have in store for us.

Well they xdid say that they do want to keep adding the seasons, we just have demand it.

2 Likes

Still
a new KI game wont have the budget of season 1,2 and 3 together, so it will still be a smaller game than we have now, I kind of like that we (will) have all of the characters and new ones being added.

If they make a KI2, a lot of ppl will probably miss their main because we wont start with 20+ characters, and they will be requested all over again, there will probably not be a stage for every character either.
I’m assuming season three will give us some nice modes, theirs no guarantee all those would be in a new Killer Instinct game either.

I like a game with an increasing cast, makes it so I can fight a lot of different characters and can switch characters myself whenever I get tired of one, or a new one shows up that I find interesting. Also having new things without having to lose the good ‘old’ stuff is nice.

I quite like the growing/evolving game style of KI over the old Turbo/super/ultra editions of the previous SF’s.

Street Fighter didnt make another numbered game till the next console cycle. I dont expect KI to do it any different. I hope it will get supported its entire cycle and we will move forward with a season 4 after this one, with a new story that builds on whats already here, with new characters that become canon and fan favorites. Because season 2 succeedes in that with Hisako (especially now with her new gatekeeper role), Aganos and Kan-Ra.

2 Likes

Im not sure any fighting game is going to have a big budget, or many of the other things you are talking about unless it has “Street Fighter” or “Mortal Kombat” as its name.

Even SF5 did not have a big budget.

If IG decides to do another season, I’d rather like them to focus on game modes than new character. Stuff like tag battle, full story mode, etc

S3 is barely coming out, I think from here on I will be fine if there arent any more seasons, or maybe small DLC bundles, like 2 characters, skins, cosmetics, etc along with updates.

I’d much rather have KI 2/4(?) in 2018 or so instead of Season 5

I knew it would be a Season 3, but once Season 3 is complete I think they should just smooth it all out with a KI Complete Edition, maybe just the title “Killer Instinct” without the word ‘season’ behind it. All Characters all stages and just the updates coming in. Put time into the characters and content that’ll exist already after Season 3 is done. Like they say “quality over quantity”

I am totally good with Season 3 being the capstone of KI 2013. If they decide to add that final coating of polish to the whole thing and seal it off then I’m content with that. The only thing I hope, after this is over, is that Microsoft wants to continue KI as a franchise and carries it into the next Xbox generation.

5 seasons is ok.

What’s the benefits of making a sequel instead of continuing developing this very game? If you stop to think, mostly of what makes a sequel worth buying can be added/fixed/improved in this game.
Let’s see, for KI2 they would have to:

• Design 2013’s KI Characters again but following the same appearance lines .just to look 10% different.
  • Design 2013’s KI Stages again but following the same appearance lines just to look 10% different.
  • Design 2013’s KI Music again but following the same reference lines just to sound 10% different.
  • Re-record Announcer for a slightly different voice.
  • Re-do the same game modes otherwise it will “lack it’s predecessor insert-mode-name-here mode”.
  • Re-design the UI/HUD - Can be made in KI 2013.
  • Add new game modes - Can be made in KI 2013.
  • Fix wrong stuff - Can be made in KI 2013.
  • Fix story mode cinematic - Can be made in KI 2013.
  • Add new characters - Can be made in KI 2013.
  • Add new stages/retro stages/alternative stages - Can be made in KI 2013.
  • Add new outfits/fix wrong retro outfits/add new accessories - Can be made in KI 2013.
  • Add Ultimates/No Mercies/Stage Ultras for All Stages - Could be made for KI 2013.
  • Add Eyedol - Can be made in KI 2013.

I mean, if you stop to think, would they really give a bigger budget just to re-do most of stuff that is already done? Why not give this budget for this very game so it can be an always improving game? Fighting games don’t bring exceptionally new concepts that make them much better than it’s predecessors unless we’re talking about a new game motor/engine, but KI already has awesome new generation graphics.

In my opinion, KI doesn’t need a sequel. It needs the love and the money it deserves so it can be a game improved for years without having to sell us the same-but-different characters/stages/music like other games.

7 Likes

Yep I agree I think season 3 should be it.

Just keep polishing the game, giving us little features DLCs we’ve been wanting for S3 and that’s a perfect way to finish the game and hopefully we’ll get an all new KI for the follow up system.

Because if you keep building this game it’s going to become too much for its own good, especially on the topic of balance. If Microsoft could possibly sign a company (IG) to a deal where they make the next game for X-years, then it will be one cohesive platform, on a new engine, and possibly with more development time from the get go (bigger launch).

1 Like

I’ve waited so many years for the return of KI and yall want to stop it for some “full version”
man I must be old. Keep going this route until they can’t anymore. I’m glad the game is released this way. Less time I have to wait for a “full game release”. F all that.

7 Likes

I wouldnt need another 3 seasons, but I would probably like another season, or a few small character/stage packs, 3 characters each or something.

With several characters left in season three to be released monthly and another few dlc packs or season 4, this game will still be viable for the next 3 to 4 years at least. Then they could work on developing a new properly launched (at least 12 characters or more at launch) KI at the same time for a next gen xbox console launch. Or perhaps Season three has more characters then seasons 1 and 2 and they will be released over a longer period of time, that would be fine too (would want another stage pack then eventualy).

Yes please! I REALLY want Season 3 to be the final season. After Season 3 is over they can focus on adding in all the things we want the most like ultimates, classic stages, reworked omen, revamped season 1 story, revamped season 1 retros. Then they can wrap it up and call this game complete!

And then maybe, just maybe they can begin work on a sequal for the “Xbox Two”

2 Likes