Season 3 changes

Added change list to OP
- CStyles45

#fulgore

[-] Fixed a bug that allowed you to perform Shadow Cyber Uppercut the frame before landing after a blocked or hit Cyber Uppercut.
[-] Added 2 frames of additional Hitstop and blockstop to F+HP command normal to make it a bit easier to Shadow Counter and Break.
[-] Standing HK special cancel window reduced.
[+] Attack box on Blade Charge and Shadow Blade Charge reaches lower, making harder for opponents to low-profile this move.
[+] Standing HK now causes a Wall Splat.
[+] Air Shadow Laser now causes a Hard Knockdown so that it is never punishable on hit.
[+] Levels 1, 2, and 3 of the Eye Beam ender launch higher.
[+] Overhead causes a ground bounce against airborne opponents.
[+] New Target Combo! Crouching HK → Crouching HP. Launches opponents for a juggle.
[+/-] Move reconfigured: Eye-Beam Lens Fixed! Eye Beams have been overhauled;
-Light Eye Beam still launches a single beam at the floor, but has 1 additional frame of recovery and pushes opponents back less.
-Medium Eye Beam now launches two beams at the floor. It is +2 on block and +5 on hit. It has less pushback compared to the old Med Beam, but more than the Light version.
-Both Lt and Med versions have increased juggle potential.
-Heavy Eye Beam now launches a full screen horizontal beam on frame 24, and recovers in 51 total frames (used to be 13 and 26).
-Heavy Eye Beam causes Stagger on hit. It is -7 on block. It deals increased damage and chip damage.

Heavy Kick causes Wall bounce. AWESOME. Medium laser does two hits on the ground. New target combo. Almost no nerfs. YYEEAAHH

3 Likes

I will miss his old heavy laser :frowning: …But aside from that he was a lot more like KI2 fulgore with the lasers now which is awesome!!!

I admit I feel like Fulgore won’t have much against a jumping Glacius heavy kick. I’m gonna really miss heavy laser. His DP’s input I don’t think gives you enough time to react so I think from now on you’re just better off blocking.

On the bright side though I look forward to alot of his buffs which I am happy about.

The laser is an interesting change, but otherwise its awesome to see he’s settling down a bit balance wise. The wall bounce is HUGE, looks really fun.
Death bot hype!

I rarely use the hard Lazer these days, the new one though…looks interesting. A full screen horizontal beam? Wonder crazy BS we can do with that now. Wall splat f.kick, also a new way to give us options. All around fulgore wasn’t nerfed, new tech is in the horizon now

1 Like

Im scared that hes laser pressurestrings are gona be compromised with the additional frame of recovery on the light laser and the trajectory change of the medium one :scream:.

I feel like light laser might’ve been the best point blank opener in the game, which makes the recovery nerf interesting. I have a feeling you’re still going to be able to “pseudo” frame trap off of it because the total duration of light laser is so short, but you may have to be smarter about it.

Maybe the length of the medium laser should be a bit longer and add a tad longer start up to compromise the length. Idk it’s just too similar to the light laser in my perspective.

yea i guess, still scary though if you can punish it, cus it will be kinda useless if you cant use it for pressure. Has been my goto abillity for a long while now, guess i have to figure out another way to pressure close up,

1 Like

I think it just means now Glacius and Sadira can do their spamming jump attacks without much trouble now against Fulgore, though the laser change never really do much since Sadira double jumps over that anyway.

As for Glacius well jumping HK will be easier to get away with.

Due to it’s start up, I suspect you will not to do H-lazer very often. However I can see the potential of doing a light laser and canceling into HYPE BEAM!

I think the wall splat is a nice edition. But as someone who likes to switch up mid-fight between close combat and zoning I think actually hurts me a bit more then anything. In my opinion he did get nerfed but thankfully some of the stuff he has will make up for it.

It may beuseless now I think as far as frame traps go. Probably better off with medium laser since it will hit twice and the second hit is an additional range.

It honestly was one of my go-tos as well for pressure, looks like you’ll only have close medium kick to work with now.

It may beuseless now I think as far as frame traps go. Probably better off with medium laser since it will hit twice and the second hit is an additional range.

It honestly was one of my go-tos as well for pressure, looks like you’ll only have close medium kick to work with now.
[/quote]

Yea, Heavy forward puch > light laser > light kick > light laser > medium kick > medium laser > fireball, sybredash, jump medium kick or teleport behind was so good. What can you do now? low jabbs? tick throws? i feel that string led up to so much, and it felt good to be able to play fulgore in such an aggressive maner, now it feels like he just took a big step towards beeing a boring zoner :frowning:, spaming fireballs, long range lasers and teleports etc. I might be to quick here to judge but im abit worried for my favorite char and how i like to play him :frowning:

Yea, Heavy forward puch > light laser > light kick > light laser > medium kick > medium laser > fireball, sybredash, jump medium kick or teleport behind was so good. What can you do now? low jabbs? tick throws? i feel that string led up to so much, and it felt good to be able to play fulgore in such an aggressive maner, now it feels like he just took a big step towards beeing a boring zoner :frowning:, spaming fireballs, long range lasers and teleports etc. I might be to quick here to judge but im abit worried for my favorite char and how i like to play him :frowning:
[/quote]

Me to I feel a bit sadned that close combat wise Fulgore won’t have much to deal with. But as someone who likes Fulgore so much I’m gonna try to make him work.

Well, I just took a look at the notes for Fulgore.

So, medium laser is now +2 on block, which more-or-less makes it your go-to opener. You run the risk of a shadow counter although you may just be able to pip-cancel into DP if they place the counter between the beam hits.

For shadow counters pre-beam, I think that’s where light laser comes in. If you’re blocking Fulgore’s pressure and you see him go for a beam, I doubt you can tell which you’re going to be blocking by the time light beam finishes up – which means you can probably follow up with LK or whatever, and the worst that could happen is that you trade a normal with your opponent. On the other hand, on shadow counter you get to pip-cancel into a DP to blow them up.

So I don’t know. I could be wrong, but for a laser nerf it seems like something you can work around by varying your openers between light and medium laser, and there’s still the fact that being able to beat a shadow counter against your pressure with a pip cancel at all is pretty incredible.

unfortunately the fact that there’s still a bit more risk than normal with the light laser kinda makes the thing somewhat pointless for up-close pressure. probably be better to stick with medium and light normals for pressure from now on.

Not often I run into opponents who use the shadow counter but in the case I do run into that then I can consider that possibility.

Added the change list for season 3 to the OP

Don’t know if somebody mentioned it before, but MAYBE this is possible?

Target combo: c.HK->c.HP->Hyper Laser
Overhead against airbone opponent->Hyper Laser

If this is correct, this two scenarios can lead to A LOT of damage if Fulgore is fully charged

No “FlipOut” option for the robot!?

I think one of his attacks does a flip out, I don’t recall.

damage scales if you use a combo, even then that will not happen often. So yeah.

loved the return of full screen laser but feels kinda sad about the goodbye for the upper laser…
As long as we still being able to finish a combo w/ the upper laser im ok with it.

Do you mean the laser ender? If so then yes.

The move they are removing, in a juggle? If so then no.