Season 3 changes

We can still do upper-laser as an ender since it is a launch ender.

I will agree, the upper-laser as a standalone move was still useful against Glacius that spam jumping HK. Now we have to use cyberuppercut (which giving how shaudy the hit box if for Glacius icicle kick there’s a likely chance you’re just gonna get hit instead, OR trade.

I admit I’m a wee bit bothered by that a bit. Since I used the H-laser alot for a fun little juggle. Now it’s not even gonna be possible for me to do it anymore. I can only hope the tools they did give us WILL be useful.

The other two lasers got better juggle properties (aka: a higher hitbox, which also means they will tag characters that have just jumped higher up). Also the heavy laser now goes full screen and causes a stagger. It is slow and punishable for sure, but you can use it after a standing heavy kick to create space and make it mostly safe (and get a grounded combo to boot).

Fulgore is going to be very good in season 3.

Considering how long he takes to fire that new H-laser I doubt that being able to hit anyone with it after a heavy kick will not be plausible.

That H-lazer’s only good for staggers and only at the right distance, too close and you’ll never get to fire it. To far away and your opponent will already be ready to catch you when you teleport in.

Seems alot of these juggles potential will not be up to snuff I think, better off just using heavy Cyber-uppercut after the laser ender.

I have no doubt that I’ll be able to make my Fulgore more viable in combat like I was able to in season1 and 2, but as it stands I’ll remain a skeptic till I test it for myself.

It probably will combo, remember it needs quire a bit of hitstun to carry the opponent back for a wallsplat so you should be fine.

If you are too far away your full screen LASER and full screen TELEPORT will be too slow to catch the opponent? This doesn’t make any sense, and was also disproven in the balance change video as they do a full screen laser, cancel into teleport and carry on the combo.

Your third paragraph also is nonsensical. Why would the juggle potential not be good? And why on earth would just doing a heavy uppercut, an easy to see (and break), not very damaging attack which will end the juggle without a cash out ever be than doing an actual juggle into either a setup or a shadow cash out?

I’d say what you are doing, across multiple characters I may add, is more akin to pessimism than skepticism. You are focusing entirely on perceived negatives for the characters and seem convinced that these losses will cripple them. Furthermore, you seen convinced that none of the new stuff you received is going to help in any way, and are already them writing off. I recommend focusing less on what you can’t do and focus more on what you can.

While my post sounded generally negative if you had read my last sentence you’ll find it’s not all pessimistic, still a bit of light but that light won’t shine till I play it for myself :stuck_out_tongue:

also my thrid paragraph seemed nonsensicle since my own personal view a Juggle’s gotta do more than two hits to an airborne opponent to mean much. and since light laser hits once and the medium laser hits twice before dropping my opponet to the ground I won’t get to do too much beyond that except swich to defence incase of wake-up.

and while heavy cyber-upper cut is easy to see and break it still gives me three hits, and if someone’s breaking it I can always surprise em’ with a counter breaker.

Despite my general tone it may change once I get my hands on it and actually experiment.

I also should of asked you to be more clear about HK-into H-lazer cause if we’re talking about catching them from the air I think they’ll hit the ground before you can fire it because how slow the H-laser takes on start up.

Standing HK I’m no to sure but they are usually low to the ground wen you do the kick and again slow start up for h-lazer. Now if it’s a wall-splat certainly since they’ll be standing

basically both situations will have the opponent on their back and beam will fly right over them while they are on the ground.

Basically that new combo you’re suggesting will be best used near a wall.

I suppose I’m still sour that due to some of the changes some of the cast can get away with more crap that I was otherwise able to prevent with certain moves.

I don’t want to sound like a broken record but Glacius was always able to use jumping HK and that thing had REACH. when I used the old-Lazer I can stop someone from doing it to make em think twice. It was better over the DP in this case because the input didn’t take as long to do, as for crouching HP that was a bit shady because again timing, that punch isn’t out for long so you have the chance of missing.

I can expect Maya can get away with her mantis attack from the air now as well because how fast it is. So a DP will not work against her like the old-H laser did.

Generally you have a good point that I should be focusing on the good parts on what I can do, but since I am unable to try it myself I don’t really have have much enthusiasm due to lack of familiarity to it, the same way I felt about Atlas Plug and Celldweller doing KI’s music since they were unfamiliar. to me. However if you have seen my history with posts you’ll find I change my tone once I get to know something for myself.

So who knows you may have someone who can agree with you in these circumstances.

I guess the reason I am not focusing too much on what I can do is because again, it’s new and I don’t quite know the full potential, but I did know what I use to do some of it is going away. People naturally like what they are familier with and change in general isn’t easy to adjust to. So forgive me for not having my arms open to it.

I think you can expect this pessimism to be relatively normal. Who knows, people will probably change their tone upon season3’s release.

That being said I stuck with Fulgore since KI1 and KI2 and I was one of the folks picked him up and practiced with him and figured out how to use him when others were to scared to approach due to his charge mechanic.

I stuck by him in season2 when he kept getting nerfed by IG.

I’ll be sticking with him in season 3.

The lasers will do more than just 1/2 hits before they drop, as I said before they have been improved for juggling so you can do proper juggle combos with them and continue the combo afterwards. This is why I was saying about the heavy DP being a bad idea, as it will be easy to see what it is and you won’t be able to continue the combo after unlike with the new lasers.

In regards to HK into heavy laser, I actually meant on a grounded opponent, however it will be useful anywhere on the screen and not just in the corner. Wallsplats don’t cause a knockdown, instead they just knock the opponent backwards quite a distance and will trigger a wallsplat if they hit the corner. As such this will cause a grounded combo and a stagger, which you can cancel into a teleport once you see it hit and carry on the combo. This is, in my opinion a pretty cool buff to standing HK.

Speaking of that button, crouching HK is infinitely more interesting now that it has a target combo into crouching HP, as it opens up a lot of possibilities. For starters you will be able to special cancel the HP so you can cancel it into laser make a neutral/plus on block blockstring which starts with a sweep and leads to a juggle on hit. Fulgore’s sweep also moves him forward quite a bit, so you will be able to use this string to advance on your opponent or possibly duck under fireballs. It should be a versatile and useful tool.

You said more than 1/2 hits? I don’t see how since the lasers’ hit boxes are pretty low to the ground and only shoot a certain number of times. Unless you’re saying the lasers can keep the opponent in the air enough for me to throw in a few extra hits.

What I am imagining is Fulgore shooting his medium laser and someone gets hit with the blast and then drop to the floor after getting zapped two times being so close to the ground.

I just mentions to you that if HK can land a wall splat, yes this can work but if there’s no wall close enough I think you’ll miss because again it starts up kinda long with H-laser since by the time you fire the opponent is on their back.

As for this new target combo, how high can we launch the opponent? if it’s fairly up their like above your head then yeah I can kinda see the potential.

Keep in mind I have not the luxury of playing the S3 build yet so I can’t try any of this for myself.

Read the changes. Light and medium lasers has increased juggle potential. The hitbox got increased higher I think so juggles can actually work now.

Yes but in specifics how high are we talking? cause to me it looks like the opponent will not be that far from the ground when the lasers hit them as they fall. I imagine maybe one or two feet off the ground. on hit. sort of on the same level as Fulgore’s close medium kick in that since (aka the stomp)

If any of you had played Fulgore S3 You’re gonna have to tell me what combos you did pull off with these new lasers. so far that increase juggle potential is fairly contradictory until I can see it for myself and play the game.

Here is what I saw on the stream. Sweep Crouching Heavy into a medium pucnh into a cyber dash into an uppercut. You can do a normal into the laser into stuff.

the targe combo actually sounds promising…

as for the lasers, themselves you’re saying I shouldn’t be using them after using a launcher ender, instead I should do something else first then the light/medium laser?

Exactly. Doing the laser immediately might be possible with the right timing but difficult. I think doing a normal into the laser can work better.

Would of been nice to get those details sooner xp but hey this is why it’s good to ask for specifics.

in that case the beams may just be good for that.

The moment S3 update is released and the update is finished,I will test if normal into laser into normal into laser until kv is full is possible or not.

Now that I am not sure about. The opponent will be getting closer to the ground in cases like this.

Actually, a neat idea but may not work, what if you can cancel the ground bounce into a laser?

You can, the ground bounce is just your overhead, you could always cancel it.

I recommend watching the season 3 changes again, you don’t seem to understand what we mean with the lasers and HK. We haven’t played it either, but it is clearly shown in the videos.

Wallsplats DON’T knock the opponent down. The opponent will not fall over at all when you do it, unless you blow out a combo with it (when nothing would combo anyway).

I just said a wall splat should work if it hits a wall, I’m talking about if you do it and you are no near a corner and the opponent just goes flying and hits the ground. or are you trying to say that because of it’s properties they just slide backwards?

Yes. Do a blade charge ender midscreen, the opponent gets knocked back, not knocked down.

I obviously know it does that, so that means stand HK doesn’t knock anyone down period, thanks for clearing that up.

I also watched the laser jugglin, the hit-box hits higher than I originally remembered so yeah some nice juggle potential,
I’d still much rather play it for myelf, but maybe it won’t be too bad.

still a bit salty about about cyber-uppercut having to cover me against sadira’s widow drop and glacius’ jumping HK and Maya’s mantis shenanigans, but in light of another Cinder player’s suggestion if Cinder’s light kick can knock Glacius out of it then perhaps Fulgore can do this to.

To this day I’m still salty about the auto meter charge. And they still didn’t change that (well instinct mode they did a little.) Hmmmm will to make use of this.