Season 1 vs Season 2 Poll (broken down)

What we have to remember @BigBadAndy is that Season 1 and 2 are the same game! So everyones a winner here.

its just finner points, something that @TempusChaoti and the rest of IG could glance over.

Personally to me Season 2 is better because its come with multiple balances. At the end of Season 1 Jago Sadira and Wulf pretty much owned the show. Now its all pretty balanced for me.

its nice to see what everyone thinks not just what the vocal members of our community think.

Here are a few slices of PIE for all you lovely people. :smile:

This just shows the voting for now… it will change and has changed dramatically!

Keep voting with your heart :heart:

4 Likes

mmmmmmmm… pies

4 Likes

BOTH!!! on every single one.

3 Likes

HAHA pies!!!

they are looking DELICOUS!!!

@justathereptile good for you mate! that Green is looking really really strong!

2 Likes

Including pumpkin, pecan, chocolate, cherry, and blueberry as well as key lime pies :yum:

1 Like

YO jus greedddyy lol

:blush:

1 Like

I chose equal on all except for:

Season delivery, and Retro’s. I liked what they did with season2. Kept me hyped like crazy for that whole year.

1 Like

I went for season 2 in all of the above. While I adore what they did with the season 1 cast, maya/kan ra and aganos’s design are my favourite.
The backgrounds in season 2 actually participate in the game.
UI is sleeker and the grid is far better for selecting your character tho a lot can be done with it in the next season. Hopefully a between ground between s1 and s2.
I agree that the s1 guys are the meat and potatoes of the game as stated above.
I think everyone can agree s2 retros are leagues above the previous season. I can only hope that Kevin comes back.
The music in both seasons are excellent and hope that the new boys bring their own stamp to it but keep the quality just as high

2 Likes

I totally agree gaz

I think that the exceptions among the S1 retros would have to be Spinal and probably Glacius. They were done really well and matchup with their old looks nicely. Otherwise, the S2 retros are magnificent.

As for @WandaMaximoff’s OP, I was pretty well split between the Seasons. There are so many different things both of them did well.
Season 1 provided the essentials, while Season 2 expanded KI in ways I didn’t know were possible. S1 was the foundation the house was built on, and S2 was the swimming pool. One was absolutely vital, the other is a welcome luxury.

2 Likes

Nice poll, some really good points made from everyone. I myself loved season 1 and still do, i have dropped s2 and have gone back to play s1 on disc just because you need to be more technical and react faster. It would be a dream if they released s1 with s1 mechanics for online play with the release of s3, like its another classic but i doubt it, going by your results i doubt much people will play s3 and others will just go there to look at how (bad) the characters and mechanics are

1 Like

Season 2 characters are growing on me every day.
Training KanRa in Shadows mode now.

Only thing I still haven’t gotten used to is the number of things flying around on the screen. Only minor distraction but something I wish they would minimize. But with new Shago it will not change immediately.

1 Like

See i nuch prf season 2s aproch yeah its hectic but once u master them season2 characters are super fun and i feel allot more skilled.

Lol i can’t belive you have gone back to the disk lol.

I loved season 1 but no way would i say its more technical its just mot like other fighting games.

I do think season 2 was on speed. Yes ki is about being diverse but we still want standard fighting game fun too.

I see the balance tech vote being really importany to season 3 development @TempusChaoti I hope kim wu is different but still familiar we need a good simple rush down.

But i dont agree most people wont play season 3 lol.

I’m all about the Street Shark character as well. I also want a Gorgon though. I’m so torn. >.<

1 Like

These are the only pies I like. I’m weird like that.

Lol im not allow to discuss shark people it makes me very unreasonable lol.

Season 1 for me For many reasons:

recaptures ( if anyone should of had recaptures it should have been T.J and ONLY T.J it’s more unique to the characters)

Better animated characters (yeah I don’t need to explain why when maya is here along with T.J)

Better redesigns ( while maya had a good redesign cinder and T.J were mixed by people while seaon one the only mixed reaction at the start was glacius…also Fulgore and spinal have the best designs)

Others being:
Omen
Boring stage ultras
Bad HUD
The fact that Fulgore and cinder are weak as puppies
Story mode (the story itself being blazblue and guilty gear dumb)

Still I liked some things

That’s really it for me but at least now I know not to buy season 3 unless I see significant improvement…but that’s just what I think and I just keep playing season 1 characters if you like season 2 that’s cool

We are ying and yang my friend. I see some of your pointd tho.

So im going to outline my views below as a semi balance. Every please not that although my critisums may be pointed at certain parts its only because things for me have gotten better and when i say better i mean better than exceptional (s1)

Recaptures:

Why not? Im using them every day. I have a breaker and a counter breaker. For me this killer instinct the more combos the better. Yes some people have better recaptures thwn others. The laws still apply to these combos the same every ground combo.

For me season 1 was becoming too safe in the air if u wanted to avoid KI and play a SF game u jumped there was little option but to zone or poke damage (witch was non existent in season 1) I personally hattes safe spaces in KI.

Yea i can recapture with maya is it my core game? No! Same as alloy of the cast and im fine with that.

Animations:

I dont understand why we thibk the animation is so much better in season 1. If you ask me maya is one of the most visual characters in the game and once she starts to combo / juggle and rush down she looks awsome.

Aside from maya, Kun Ra and riptor for me are some of the best animated in the game period. Hisako also remains as good as anyone in season two. Her choice of moves are exceptional, dash back dash and crouch pose are interesting unlike any from season 1.

In terms of animation i do think we are splitting hairs. Yes Tj isnt very exciting, yes maya moves faster than light but thats who they are.

Redesign Graphically:

Season 1 had its own haters. Jagos arms, sabure wulf looked like a bloody roar character, orchid was dubed Dora-Croft, glacius was out right hated. Thunder was liked but people thought he missed character.

Of course spinal and fulgore looked good… but how much better did they look? Not a great deal becausethoesse two always looked fantastic. A skeleton and a robot. Its not science its just always been cool. Fulgore you don’t radicalise you update and spinal… well its just dressing a skeleton lol.

Season 2 however offered diversity in design. No one looked the r same. From aganos to Hisako there was depth in design. Ki had become more fantastical again. Rather than 3 of the cast just being prople we had ghosts, demons, dinosaurs, cinder, evil mummys not mummys, robots, tribal worriers and all be it a boring boxer lol. I enjoyed the diversity thdifferntnt shapes and colours.

As far as riptor maya tj and cinder go they were vaired i agree.

TJ for me was boring his retro sorted that out for me and his accessories really helped

Maya looked fantastic. Simply stunning. And her accessories again were better than any in season one (aside form maybe sabre wulf)

Riptor was perfection and her retro took it even further. The mix between dinosaur and tech worked for the better. Yes IG could have done a fulgore or a spinal and painted her different but they didnt. They made her design even better.

Cinder i have to say i down right hated cinders redesign. Thete are times where too much design is not good designing in my opinion.i liked the suit idea but it didnt work. However his retro was perfection.

As for other things:

The HUD anyone who think season 1 was better is drunk. Lol im sorry i can see the vote (i made it) but i cant understand it. Season 1 hud was a low rest and super taky flame back ground. It was hideous. Not even the 90s had that much bad taste. It was also empty. With like 3 modes it had allot less to deal with. It was highly criticised for being too simular to SF4 in terms of fonts also.

Other things that i think have got better since season 2 started.

Connection to games online
Player profiles and icons customisation
Ranked top 32 gold silver bronze
A better story mode
Better retros and accessories
Better modes, shadows, combo breaker practice
More slots of customisation costumes
Better colours and better level progression
Bonus character omen.
New moves for most of the cast.
More effective shadow moves that in S1 were awful
Rebalance. The cast is much more even now
Killer rank the best of 3 games makes SENSE!
Stage ultras even if a bit weak
The ability to fund competitions
Tech s1 was too simular s2 is full of skilled options
Recaptures takes the safe space away.
The ability to do damage without using an ender
More prominent poke damage
Shadow enders make shadows worth using
Fulgores redesign is now pretty perfect
Shadow bar reduction makes you think not spam.

So these are my opinions. For me S2 is a better gambecuasese its both S1 and S2. Ihasnt’t changed that much or at least ive adapted to enjoy it and see it for what it is.

Season 3 is a MUST HAVE for me. But i would like to see a pure balance between season 1treditionalal play and season 2s tech.

Thanks to eveyone for voting and commenting its always good to let devs know how you feel. I just thought this post could do with a balance.

2 Likes