Samurai Shodown 2019 - GG Baiken released

Yes

Itā€™s available on Xbox too if you change the region however it only plays for TWO hours.

2 Likes

How many people here are planning to pick this up day 1? Iā€™m still considering getting it. Havenā€™t played a demo or anything yet, but Iā€™ve been looking for a new FG for a bit.

Iā€™m very close to pre-ordering this. Game looks great and I have a deep appreciation for fighting games that do different things and Samurai Showdown has a wildly different pace and aesthetic than other fighters. Whatā€™s holding me back is that I expect the game will have terrible netcode. And this means I will probably pay $60 for it to sit on my HDD collecting dust.

My main isnā€™t in it, and I donā€™t know if he has a shot for the Season Pass or not. Iā€™ll definitely keep it on my list though. It looks fun.

I was thinking about tagging you, because of (very high level) gameplay similarities with For Honor. I would say the slower pace and various ways to parry and counter moves, could be something youā€™d like in this game.

Iā€™m picking this up. Never huge on pre-ordering, and this game is just the third game ever that I pre-ordered.

Been too busy to post these trailersā€¦
New character, Yashamaru:

For some reason this characterā€™s name is censoredā€¦ ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– 

Galford:

1 Like

Iā€™m sure itā€™s the four letters in position 3-6 that do it.

Now I can never unsee this :smile:

1 Like

New demo to be released June 21 on PS Store. No 2-hour time limit this time. Additional characters playable for a total of 7 characters. I think only Asia again but not sureā€¦

Hanzo with the command grabs.
I am weak.

1 Like

Some good matchesā€¦inally. Enjoyable to watchā€¦

1 Like

Tam Tam @TempusChaoti so no rioting

2 Likes

hanzo is back! i was wondering when they were going to reveal him. he was one of my favorite characters when i was a kid. he was my 1st pick when i encountered samsho at the arcade way back in the day. PC release cannot come soon enough

Kyoshiro is awesome too. Great job they did with his trailer. Might be top 3 trailer in my bookā€¦

1 Like

:thinking:ā€¦ he DOES have a naginataā€¦

1 Like

SNK actually recently patched a previous SamSho game with rollback netcode. That is a good signā€¦dunno if the new game has this. Some early feedback from international players with review copies of the game is positive on the netcode but I have not tried it myself using a retail copy yet.
https://twitter.com/ATRyoSakazaki/status/1139895679193669634

1 Like

Ended up preordering. Now I just need to find the time to pick out a main, practice, and hopefully play with and learn from people here, as opposed to just losing a bunch of random matches online. Iā€™d like to learn how to play properly and start off stronger than I did with KI.

Iā€™m essentially going in blind, no idea what the various characters will be capable of or play like. I have very limited experience with earlier Shodown games, the majority of which was on my Game Boy about 18 years ago.

2 Likes

I will post a tutorial later if it helps.

For all,

These are high level gameplay matches. Enjoy!

2 Likes

@xSkeletalx

this video might helpā€¦a lot.

As for gameplay speed. Everything is slower but the gameplay does not need to be. I posted a video earlier of high level Japanese gameplay and everything goes quite fast as you can see in the vid. If you play like SF then it becomes slow, but SamSho is about stepping in and out and pressuring /countering and lots of dodging.

1 Like