Sadira Season 3

The changes to the shadow counter animation, means it cant be used effectively on block, which was initially intended. Most, if not all characters, can already shadow counter this anyway,

HWB is still a fantastic attack, but its extremely situational. It makes for a good punish in certain situations, makes for good zoning, ok chip damage, and a very good air to air.

Its like saying Jago’s DP is bad because its unsafe on block. It depends how you use a move of a character which justifies its practical application.

Agreed. I use HWB in several situations, but mostly for zone control. I like it because I can throw out an empty one and unlike LWB or MWB it allows me to fall straight back to the ground. It’s great for bluffs and resetting my position on the screen.

I also use it to bait Shadow Counters. Nothing like forcing somebody to waste meter for nothing. :smiley:

It seems to me that that’s the only use for it now. I use it every now and again to feint an attack or keep back and come back in again. It was working well against Shago the last few matches I had.

Dunno if you want to keep doing that into S3. With the extension to the shadow counter window, will probably be a lot harder for the opponent to actually miss the counter on this.

I’ve always thought of HWB as good, but situational. It’s wildly unsafe when blocked, and against the right character will have you eating a ton of damage every time you use it incorrectly.

It really shouldn’t impact that, because I’m not following up the Web connection with an attack. I hit them with the Web and then fall back to the ground. I’m not hitting them the second time, so it can’t trigger a Shadow Counter. That is how I cause them to wiff it.

Eh? If the heavy widow’s bite kunai hits the opponent, Sadira gets reeled in period. There is no “dropping to the floor” if heavy widow’s bite touches the opponent. Whether it’s on hit or block, Sadie’s flying in. :-/

True… I realized I do my wiff attack after the HK hit. I forgot about that. :stuck_out_tongue:

considering you can cancel into widows drop that should hardly be an issue, since you can pretty much stuff DP attempt to punish it on block. pretty much one of the more “un-fun” things about fighting Sadira, lol.

Not at all. Heavy widow’s bite->widow’s drop is wildly unsafe, and will lose in a trade with any down+HP, much less a DP. For any character with a true DP that moves even slightly forward, heavy widow’s bite is punishable 100% of the time, without exception and without a care to what Sadira actually does after she bounces off.

Certain characters might have an issue punishing both a neutral bounce back and widow’s drop/jumping HK, but DP characters are manifestly not in that population.

True. Even Sadira, who has very little invincibility on her attacks, can punish this with H recluse.

Jago- DP

Wulf- Ex eclipse, maybe regular L eclipse

Glacius- Ex puddle punch

Thunder- DP or Ex DP

Orchid- DP or Ex DP

Sinal- H soul sword (maybe) or Ex Searing Skull (maybe)

Fulgore- DP or Ex DP

Shago- DP

TJ - DP, roll, whatever really

Maya - Ex DP, jump back Dagger (maybe)

Kan Ra - Sandsplosion, maybe AA command grab

Riptor - Ex tail flip (maybe), Ex clever girl

Omen - Shadow escape, L orta (maybe)

Aganos - Aganos.

Hisako - Counter, or back dash and if they whiff widows drop (down + mk) you can punish with almost anything

Aria- DP’s, blade assist (maybe)

Cinder - DP, Ex DP

So every character can punish this.

It’s really a matter of execution, if you have FDF directional input she’ll be hitting you before you can even get into the animation. I’ve had too many Sadiras do this against me and it’s quite irritating. generally because of this I don’t even bother trying to DP in the first place.

If you have a FDF input (shoryu motion) reversal , then just use an input shortcut shoryu instead. You’re already holding back, so just go from down+back->down+fwd->down+back->down+fwd->button and you should get it every time. You don’t have to be too precise, just rock back and forth rapidly between down+back and down+fwd while you’re in block stun (while you’re in block stun being the key here) and let loose.

It’s actually not hard to do at all once you get used to it. If your character has a shoryu DP I highly recommend using this as your go-to punish. After eating a fierce DP or two, most Sadira’s will take the hint and stop throwing heavy widow’s bites your way. If your character doesn’t have one, then a simple down+HP will tend to accomplish the same thing, and will beat out any normal Sadie tries to stick out, whether it’s a widow’s drop or just an HK. Down+HP’s tend to not punish her if she bounces off without hitting a button though.

Seems pretty out of the way and pretty uncommon knowledge but I’ll give it a shot. May wanna share that info with others who have problems with Sadira.

huh… this is new. Have to go try this out.

Well, technically an input shortcut shoryu is just down+fwd->down+back->down+fwd->button - I just added the extra down+back at the beginning because we were talking about doing it out of a block situation.

Have fun! :smile:

1 Like