Sadira Season 3

Sadira
[-] Jumping HK damage reduced by ~15%
[-] Can no longer use Webs during Enders.
[-] Shadow Recluse damage reduced ~20% (because you can juggle after it)
[-] Instinct Web damage reduced by ~85%
[-] Widow’s Bite projectile damage reduced by ~25%
[-] The kick part of Heavy Widow’s Bite is now breakable.
[-] Enders have been retuned in function and damage to add more variety to Sadira, but overall damage has been reduced. -New ender – QCB+P(Any) – Web Cling Ender (Damage Type, most damage)
-QCF+HP – Demon Loop Ender (Launcher Type, least damage)
-QCB+HK – Recluse Ender (Exchange / Hard Knockdown Type, middle damage – You can no longer juggle off this ender)

[+/-] Corrected an issue preventing Sadira from building meter for herself or her opponent when using the F+HK Command Normal.
[+] Reduced pushback of juggle normals to increase juggle potential.
[+] Can now jump cancel Special Moves during Instinct on block. Previously this was only allowed on hit.
[+] New Command Move: Salticidae – In Air, D+HK -On hit or block, this head stomp bounces Sadira into a double jump that she can control the left/right momentum of.
-You can attack again after bouncing.
-You can bounce as many times as your opponent will let you.
-If you miss, you suffer long landing recovery.

Here you got Web Nation… Let’s discuss…

If anybody has a vid of these actual changes please post it here, I totally missed it.

1 Like

All in all, my initial opinion is that she certainly got a damage nerf, but then again so did everyone else in the cast. So that sort of equalizes that.

The Web Damage has been reduced to almost non-existence, but then again, as they create a stagger like state anyway, they really should have never had that much damage anyway.

I’m totally excited about her new options though. While I think she is losing some things, she is certainly gaining a WHOLE new mode of play. She’s a freaking air Chun-Li!

I’m a little ambivalent. The salticidae is interesting, but super punishable, and to a certain extent will drive people even further away from using her throw mixups. Which I guess makes them more effective. I was a little meh on her overall though. I don’t really want to be able to JC specials on block though, so kinda whatever about that :confused:

The damage nerf we all knew was coming, especially after everyone else. So that’s fine. I just wasn’t super impressed with salticidae. It will allow for some disgusting mixups though if the opponent sits there and takes it. It’ll be utterly useless in some fights though. Wulf, Hisako, etc.

1 Like

I never had high expectations for the changes to Sadira, but she has been given some extra number of options to mess around with.

My one gripe is that everyone is now getting juggles and air target combos, while she still has no recapture tools.

I’m sure I’m missing something here, but you guys will keep me right.

Her changes are interesting, that salticidae, could very well bring the salt real bad. I think this new balance pass is better received than the last one, at least for me. Cuz man season 2 changes were initially a giant WTF. Now, at least we see that more options are on the way

I watched her balance changes via Youtube, and to be honest she really didn’t get nerfed that bad, unlike a certain Sabrewulf (of which was a long time coming).

Most of the nerfs were to fix broken stuff like using webs to create over the top damage by placing them in Enders.

While I don’t like the crazy damage reduction in her Web attack, it is understandable as the new game changes are going to help her a lot…

In fact, you can say Sadira got buffed big time. While all the characters got a reduction in the KV meter for juggle combos, Sadira already had a huge reduction to give her more air options. Combine the new change with her old one, she’s going to be able to literally keep people in the air.

Salticidae looks pretty interesting. I’m curious if you can actually do it while they are being juggled to create a sort of Chun-liesque attack.

The damage Ender looks okay. I’m glad she is finally getting one, but I would had loved to get a meter Ender, Bounce Ender, or Wall Splat Ender instead.

Another interesting tool is to be able to Jump Cancel her specials without an actual hit. This might seem small, but I’m sure Bastfree will find some crazy new tech for us to learn.

I’m anxiously awaiting the opportunity to bring her into practice mode and try out the new tech! :smiley:

The web damage during enders was a nasty trick ima hafta let go :spider_web::frowning: But I’m super excited to Scrooge McDuck on some peoples heads with the salticide!!

Salticide may be interesting. But it may be something very easy to punish after some lab time. Auto correct DP, maybe. But this patch for the cast seemed like a fix it. Especially among the S2 cast. All that stuff we said was broken…

3 Likes

Vertigo lives! Where you been?

Overall, I like the changes. They’re not the huge nerfs we were fearing. Salticide seems like it’ll be fun to use to mess with people’s minds.

Salticide might change the way Sadira applies pressure entirely.

Salticide, MWB, Salticide?

I’m not sure on the frame data but this might be some cool frame trap stuff to work with. Plus since you can do anything (so it appears) after Salticide connects you may be able to hit the opponent near their front, move away from them and throw a LWB to stop their DP attempt.

This also looks like it’ll be stupid good in juggles, since often once you bring the opponent back to the ground it’s gonna be a fang to re-launch them. But now,

LP, MP, LWB, Salticide, Salticide, HP, LWB, Widows drop, Shadow Recluse.

Things like this may be possible, where you can keep the opponent suspended for a longer period of time.

Also, this is gonna be rediculous in instinct.

Any idea when this patch is going to drop? I’m excited to bring Sadira into practice mode. :smiley:

[-] Jumping HK damage reduced by ~15%
Was it that damaging? Not really a problem for me.

[-] Can no longer use Webs during Enders.
No problem.

[-] Shadow Recluse damage reduced ~20% (because you can juggle after it)
With the increase in KV in the air, you can probably do more damage now, it’s just breakable. So I’m fine with this.

[-] Instinct Web damage reduced by ~85%
No more winning rounds by having your opponent walk into your web. Dahhhh…

[-] Widow’s Bite projectile damage reduced by ~25%
A lot less chipping out of opponents last pixels of health with WB.

[-] The kick part of Heavy Widow’s Bite is now breakable.
This just sucks. If the follow up was optional, like Thunders stomp after sammamish, ok. But you can see this coming from miles away. I’ll just switch to ending combo’s with Medium WB now and see if I follow it up.

[-] Enders have been retuned in function and damage to add more variety to Sadira, but overall damage has been reduced.
New enders, very good. Damage ender and hard knockdown enders. Good change.

[+/-] Corrected an issue preventing Sadira from building meter for herself or her opponent when using the F+HK Command Normal.
Ok, good.

[+] Reduced pushback of juggle normals to increase juggle potential.
Very good.

[+] Can now jump cancel Special Moves during Instinct on block. Previously this was only allowed on hit.
Also not bad. Allows for good pressure during instinct and it wasn’t shabby to begin with.

[+] New Command Move: Salticidae
Salty whuuut?! More juggle/pressure potential and allows for good creativity! More options never hurt!

Sadira will remain a strong character in S3. I’m not dissapointed.

Been busy. Plus, lost my X1 in a flood so I don’t play anymore. Still watch streams if anyone worth watching is streaming.

holy ■■■■ man that sucks, at least you’re alright. sorry to hear that man, hope you didnt lose anything of value more than a videogame console in that BS

No patch, Season 3 changes. On release in March.

Wait a second guys. Am I missing something, or did they not put any stagger normals into Sadira’s move set?

If so, that’s 2 different season mechanics that she’s not been given, why?

Glad you’re okay @MoBVertigo - sorry to hear that you got flooded out :frowning:

@Sanguithal I think they’re just making the determination that Sadira is a strong enough character without these additions. I tend to agree that they are correct. I’ve never thought she should have a recapture, and while stagger could be cool, pretty sure she doesn’t need that either.

Agreed. I think Sadira is going to have way more options to open people up now. I always considered her web to be sort of a stagger and her Widow’s Drop had always caused an ungodly amount of hitstun, so she’s fine.

Also @MoBVertigo… Dude I miss you so much! Out battles were epic! And I’ve improved even more!!! My ground footsies are much nastier. So sorry about the flood. Are you going to be playing SFV? I’ll be picking it up the day it comes out. If so, I’ll have to get your PSN id.

It just seems to reaffirm my belief that she is in a very grey area, being DH’s only original character and that it is way too coincidental that she is the only character to not be given stagger or recapture.

It does make things a little easier for us though, since we don’t have too many changes to get used to when S3 drops.

We’ll just have to see how it works I suppose.

1 Like