Revitalizing Mira Discussion (Tech+Matchups)

Hey, I was checking out the leaderboards to see who was closest to me that played Mira and I saw you lol. 73 I think. That’s awesome, fight anyone ahead of you and that could bump you up like 10 to 20 ranks. How has the grind been?

The grind has been tough, not gonna lie. Going up against some of the tougher named players has been brutal. Sadira and Kalypso’s Shadow Jago have been giving me trouble. Not to mention Glacius. (Waterhorses, any of the other Glaciuses in Top 50) A lot of those matches end up really close first game, then I lose by a pixel and don’t have the mental stamina to take the 2nd and 3rd games. But whenever I go up against someone who doesn’t know the matchup it’s a free win.

I’ve been meaning to ask, how do you have so many wins with Mira? Your win % is insane, also the amount of matches you’ve played too!

Also do you upload any of your matches or go to any tournaments? I’d love to learn from you

Yep fighting against the big names gets tough. Kalypso’s Sadira is a super tough mu for me. I actually find Sadira and Rash the only 2 fighters that give me that hardest time. I’ve learned the Cinder mu well enough to say he no longer is a threat to me. But Sadira ugh I can’t do anything haha.

I picked her up since day one. I love the idea of Glass Cannons and her fight style really grew on me. So I stuck with her since then. I think the reason I have so many wins is that not very many people know the mu. She’s a really under appreciated fighter. Plus I have a lot of free time :stuck_out_tongue: lol

I occasionally stream on Twitch but it’s been hard to find the right time to since I work graveyard shifts now. But I have placed top 16 a few times on the 8bitbdeatdown and KillerInstinctProLeague. You can find those on youtube. Nothing special to see though cause I usually get rekted lol. Sucks though my best 8bit tournament I went to where I got like 8th place and got to fight Nicky’s Fulgore, the video archive was accidently deleted.

1 Like

Okay just as I promised, here are some matches I got to record! I’d appreciate any and all critique (I already know I mist too much on defense, bad nervous habit)

(Also sorry about the Jago/Shago heavy matches, I just tend to run into them a lot in Ranked. Next set of matches has Maya and Gargos, hope to have those ready soon!)

First off, good job on picking her shadow skin! Love it. I like wearing the white hooded costume set on her with it on. Love how the skin changes her gauntlets to white. I don’t think any other fighter has their shadow skin alter more than just the skin.

Your Mira is pretty good! Though it was quite obvious to see when you chocked (no worries happens to all of us) but I think your grounded game is good. But I do recommend you start applying more toward the air with her cross up shenanigans. Also when you do heavy trephine on block you went for throws which would get teched. I definitely recommend doing light embrace as it will secure the grab and gain the health back, but if you needed to deal damage maybe instead go for her footsies.

Your misting in the corner can be justified. No one likes being in the corner lol. But I saw you misted sometimes during questionable moments. Could have been nerves but if you do mist I suggest maybe doing it when it allows you to mix them up.

You know one thing that helped me to not mist a lot was to just go play some matches and don’t mist at all. Even if you are stuck in the corner, it helps to learn to block the craziness, even if it means you’ll get rekted. Plus it’s fun to change it up a bit. Lately I’ve been practicing on my grounded gameplay (much like what you’ve been doing) because I feel like I rely way to much on her air shenanigans (not that they are bad no sir her air shenanigans are among the best) but lot’s of the high up players catch on to it quick, so I’ll go matches and try to minimize my air game and buff up the ground game. So far its been good. Hard, not gonna lie lol, but It’s fun to change it up. I did the same with Hisako and countering, and I saw a huge improvement.

Other than that you got a soild Mira, very nice!
Which fighters give you the hardest time? Besides Sadira and Rash. Sorry can’t help ya there lol

Thanks man! I always tend to focus on ground game because air shenanigans for me come a bit harder. Plus I feel like having a solid foundation is worth it.

The ones that give me a hard time besides Sadira and Rash would be Glacius, Omen, and Gargos. I’m still figuring out the Cinder matchup!

lol all 4 of those fighters require a very patient gameplan. For Glacius and Omen I usually try to react against their projectile moves. In Glacius case medium trephine works wonders since she’ll swap sides if he uses hail. In Omens case I go for the cross up when he uses fireballs, but since they’re random there is always a chance my cross up gets hit. Gargos is easy when he has no minions and it’s easy to keep him from having them out with her constant high low mix ups and cross ups, but once he does have minions its another story. You can also avoid his heavy reckoning by misting. Thus making his only chance at safely activating instinct non existent. If I get a chance to fight some well known glacius, omen, and gargos’ I’ll definitely post my matches here

1 Like

Thanks man! I’m having trouble with Orchid too for some reason. Also are Glacius’s shadow cold shoulder and Sadira’s blade dashes invincible? Because I definitely stick out medium punch ahead of time to stuff them on wakeup and I get hit. It’s caused me to lose matches a bunch of times.

Neither is invincible, though both do crush lows. If you stick out an MP or something similar though and you get hit instead of them, then it means you were late on the button and it wasn’t meaty.

They are lower body invincible and projectile invincible. Glacius Shadow cold shoulder has a 5 frame startup. Sadiras Shadow demon blade has 4 frames of startup. So if you plan to stuff them then you need to hit before they become active. You can try your luck with just basic timings but you might have more success with getting proper setups after a knockdown (soft or hard it doesn’t matter).

You don’t need meaties just able to stick out a move before the shadow move becomes active. Because if you don’t then the priority system will kick in and you will lose on the clash you were too slow with whatever move you plan to stuff them.

Hmm, I’ll have to do some more testing in the lab with that. Because I often get hit by shadow cold shoulder after I block a cold shoulder, and MP should punish. And often times I see my MP hitbox out before the move starts during the shadow freeze, but the move just tends to go through it. I’ll do some more testing. Thanks guys for stopping by the Mira forums!

Have you experienced the “invincible cold shoulder” since 3.6 dropped? IIRC the patch notes mentioned fixing some “missing hurtbox” issues w/ Glacius’ EX.Shoulder.

I’d have to look over some replays to check, though I wouldn’t be able to check until sometime next week

It was fixed like it said in the patch notes.

1 Like