Revitalizing Mira Discussion (Tech+Matchups)

I’d say make good use of s.MP and c.MP as they’re multi-hitting and will bypass shadow counters easily if the opponent tries it. Also, learn to bait them. Use M trephine mixed up with H trephine so if they try to shadow counter it you get a free punish, use single upclose pokes with good frame adv for tick throwing instead of always going for normal > special, and cancel a lot of your normals into L bats, which will also beat shadow counters.

After L bats block pressure > air dash forward you can also go for L embrace or regular grab, to bypass shadow counter attempts.

Also, but kinda obvious, avoid going for 2 or more hitting specials/normals that are easy to shadow counter if you opponent has the meter, unless you can confirm the hit (s.HP, 4HP, H trephine and M/H reaping on block I’d say are what you wanna stay away from, when your opp has meter for shadow countering).

Last but not least, use instinct cancel on block to bait shadow counters. Any of the above mentioned moves cancelled into instinct before the obvious hit that will get shadow countered will easily net you a full punish after your opponent wastes 50% shadow meter.

1 Like

So guys, how do you face Aganos?

What is your general strategy? What is your plan, strip chunks and attack, or ignore them via Heavy attacks?

Any particular and useful setup against him due his size?

I make sure to strip his chunks by waking up with shadow bats. Then, once he has no chunks, just pressure him for free sine he’ll have a harder time seeing the high/low mixups. If he tries to knock you fullscreen, shadow bats him again and repeat. If he gets 2+ chunks, we’re not having a good time. And pressure max range with st. Mp because if he armors through, he can punish us, get more chunks and we’re not having fun. It’s a matchup in our favor, but can become annoying really fast. And if he has a meter, don’t jump, and if you do, mist through then punish. Guarantee once they see that they’ll stop waking up with it. And don’t throw non-shadow bats since his projectile will destroy it and go through, allowing him to get more chunks.

This matchup more than others, is a lesson in disrespect. You have to play a little bit more crazy and make them scared of your options, especially the left-right mixups. You gotta put the fear in them because a scared Aganos is a dead Aganos.

Agree here.

As Aganos, my plan is
-Sending you fullscreen, get a peacemaker, and play the Hit and Wall game XD
-Use Peacemaker for mixing high/low, place it behind me, grab it again
-Place a wall behind you, so you automatically stop doing anything unsafe
-Always keep an eye on your shadow meter. Shadow bats it’s the death square
-As a scared Aganos is dead, an ansious Mira is doomed. If I manage to back to neutral while you have a respectable amount of black health, I just play the neutral until I can use an opening into wallcrash/shadow ruin

Would love playing a match sometime :slight_smile:

For sure! I usually play after 5pm EST on weekdays, send a friend request to Aeriqui

Mmmm, that’s 10 PM for me. Maybe we can arrange something someday!

More tech, more!

If you can get an instinct bat to spawn at the end of the combo, its possible for the bat to hit the opponent on wake up. If they use any move that is not projectile invulnerable they will get hit. Bait them for a free punish.

I’ve been using a different version of this set up for some time now and it’s a pretty good one. Uploaded this to keep this thread alive! I got some more corner pressure set ups/combos to show ya’ll buuuut I don’t think your ready for that yet lol.

1 Like

Autobat.exe shows its glory once again! I’ve been trying to brainstorm ways to use it for setups, but I use it as a pseudo whiff punish now to catch people pressing buttons when I’m blocking.

Been having a frustrating couple of days in ranked trying to make top 32 so any advice or tech you could give would be greatly appreciated! Stuck at around 150 currently

Some good advice.

Don’t waste blood on medium or heavy bats, unless it’s vital to the situation. I see lots of people use medium bats when light bats would have gotten the job done much easier and at the cost of no health.

Master her air dash so where you can basically do instant overheads with her air attacks from real low to the ground.

Don’t use shadow trephine in the middle of combos, the meter is best used for shadow blood seekers and cashing out air juggles with reaping.

Shadow blood seekers are very good against zoners. Works great against Cinder when he’s throwing Pyro bombs, Sadira when she throws the kunai, and so on. Keep at a close enough distance so you can confirm off of the Shadow blood seekers. This is where mastering her air dash helps.

And also learn her manuals. It hurts to spend blood only to be combo broken before you can cash out so it really helps to learn. Maybe more so than most characters. Not once did I ever take the time to learn Hisakos manuals and I do just fine with her. They’re easy to learn and you’ll see a difference.

I wouldn’t sweat too much on reaching top 32. As long you keep playing you’ll get there.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Thanks so much! Glad to know I’ve been already doing most of this, just have to keep my nose to the grindstone!

Does anyone have any tips for Omen or Fulgore?

Omen can be tough but I like to think about how Mira’s fireballs are way more promising than his. Have a bar of meter to keep omen from spamming his fireballs, shadow trephine when necessary. If Omen jumps in the air first don’t jump at him, his j.hk hits like a truck. Bait his dp by jumping at him on his wake up, but air dash backwards. Super great against any opponent with a dp, works like a charm.

Thanks so much for all the advice guys! Been crazy busy with school so I haven’t been able to play as much ranked as I would like. What have been some of the biggest challenges you guys have encountered while playing?

still getting more seat time with mira, and still having great difficulty lol. what kills me most atm is herself of course, and opponents who tend to have sudden huge burst of ESP blocking everything i throw at them and just turtle up wearing me down and breaking my combos consistently at odd places. people are pretty smart against the vampire it seems, but i know i am nowhere near as good as i can be or utilizing just how disgustingly dirty mira can be with her set ups and mix ups

If they’re blocking a lot, make good smart use of her command grab and throws. Don’t just go for the command grab when you need the life gain, use it to net the knockdown and play some oki.

Use it once as a tick throw, and then again as a Meaty as soon as they quick rise, and then Meaty them with s.LK > heavy trephine. If they try to jump out of a third embrace they’ll get hit with the Meaty s.LK, if they don’t you’ll be at +2 on block. You can command grab again or normal throw them or just poke them again for more pressure.

Once they’re afraid of the command grab or trying to play around it, faint tick throws and AA their neutral jump with c.HP > heavy reaping.

Also, work on your oki setups so they become afraid of getting knocked down, and then they’ll be wary of being thrown of embraced =P

1 Like

thank you skryba, this is definitely something i will be working on this week. ill be needing to practice recapturing as well, because many times the first hit of heavy reaping knocks them down too far for the scythe end of the attack to recap and that sucks. ill eat an attack for it or ill block and there i see grey life spent uselessly

1 Like

Yeah the recapture inconsistency for Reaping has caused me to lose matches. It whiffs, they quickrise and punish, and I still lose more grey life. I wish there was a way of making the recap consistent

1 Like

Hey you know if you want, you guys could post your Mira matches on here and we could help each other on what you could be doing better. Basically what that other topic is doing where they share gameplay and others critique it. I am very knowledgeable on her strengths and weaknesses I’d be happy to help!

I’ll do what I can to start recording my matches! I play on PC so I’ll have to use Game DVR to record the replays

Hey guys! Done with the semester and I can start grinding KI some more! I’ll hopefully be able to post some of my matches tomorrow!

2 Likes