Revamped Forum's Censoring

This thread is wonderful.Enjoy it while it lasts!

(That is not an open invitation to test things out either, but if you notice something that seems a little too harsh just shoot me a PM.)

1 Like

Ikr! This is brilliant xD

It really freakin has though.

I wonder… ■■■■■■ ■■■■

We’re mature enough to beat each other into a pulp but I can’t say naughty words.

Try spelling Bungie, the developers of Destiny. Half way though the word bung is censored. XD

It would be hilarious if, instead of just censoring the words, it changed them to family friendly terms.

Reading things like ‘What the opposite of Heaven?’ or ‘You’re full of ■■■■!’ would sure make me smile.

Long ago when I worked at 343 Industries we did this very thing.

Shut the front door (nicely put) was turned in to something along the lines of, “though I quite value your opinion and cherish your right to have it, I must ask that we cease this conversation.”

5 Likes

Cursing in other languages seems to work :wink:

1 Like

Guess I’ll give it a shot… ■■■■!
Thanks Google Translate! :wink:

Saw that @Nightswipe0. Unfortunately we’re not set up to handle other languages, so we won’t really allow discussion in anything other than English.

Yeah I noticed the forumsections for matchmaking/finding people close to you didn’t make it into this new forum.
The old worldwide section had a good mix of languages in there.

That’s not to say it isn’t a possibility. We have a new tagging system now which will allow us to use less categories. So we want to see more people use that than making a bunch of different sections. However Matchmaking and game setups are a very good point and if the interest is there I can definitely look at bringing that section back.

Found an issue with the censoring. Can’t say the wordKill. Silly since that’s pretty much the title of the game.

Noticed that. I do believe I deleted the word kill from the database, though so it should work now. Side note, I have learned that if it was already censored, the system will not update it automatically.

Edit Well looks like I need to double check the DB.

I ■■■■■■ love this new forum! LOL

Best. Thread. Ever. By the way, c l i m a x is censored too. Should probably fix that.

Appreciate it. Also don’t worry, I can see what’s said under the censor.

Ugly helium grease crackers jiggles lick jimmies bloody spastic orphic oral tentacle penetrate hump humpday Humphrey Humperdinck sphinx jam jelly marmalade horny goat secretion secretions squirt spurt drip ■■■■■■■ pitcher catcher ballgames belfry yella drank dranking stank .

Quick test.

What are you testing? How many weird words you can think of? lol

some of them have dirtier meanings to some folk, just checking to see what censored.

Looks like it worked. Over half isn’t censored anymore