Retro Stages Project

They’re too empty. They’re just backgrounds with a plain empty stage. They need more stuff between the backgrounds and characters.

I think they look fine.

OH MY GODDD

in another galaxy far far away…

1 Like

@Ravan86 The one thing I might change about Cinder’s retro stage, thinking about it, is the floor texture. Less of the tiled look, more solid concrete. Maybe have it fit the theme of “destroyed” a little more by having pieces of it crumbling and cracking, maybe some holes to see into the interior of the building.
But I don’t think there’s any way the background could get any cooler. Desert sunsets AND a ruined cityscape? I’m making this my new desktop wallpaper.

Also, really solid job on Orchid and Eyedol’s stages. :smiley:

2 Likes

the original stage name is “Desert rooftop”. you’re right, I will make a few changes to cinder internship to the floor.

2 Likes

Duuuuude these are AWESOME!!!

How about Glacius next?

1 Like

I would like these please.

wile your doing stages can you do these ones

2 Likes

I’m having such a nostalgia attack looking at those stages, my mind can’t take it lol. Can’t wait to see KI1 glacius, KI1 spinal and KI1 jago stages.

By the way are you also going to do the alternate stages? Like in KI1, glacius and eyedol have 2 stages each.

This thread reminds me of this delightful little video. I remember watching this before the new KI was announced and wishing there’d be a new one.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I hadn’t seen this one, this is awesome! Ahh, now I want so many retro stages. Didn’t know I needed this until now, damn it all… XD

Honestly, now I don’t mind if the homeless characters get stages or not. I just want retro stages to come true.

I still want Mira at least to have a stage, I think it would be amazing. I really like the macabre which is why I’m so into KI, so a stage that matches Wulf’s in terms of spookiest would be rad. But yeah, that Thunder stage, holy hell something like that would hit me right in the feels.

3 Likes

How come someone with $0 can make this but Stage’s are the most expensive thing I.G to do?

1 Like

Because an image of a stage isn’t the same thing as having an actual stage and animating it along with all the other stuff stages must do. Sound included.

But that’s not an image that’s a actual fan made stage that is animated and everything made in Unreal engine then court on video.

1 Like

Yes but KI isn’t an UE4 game. Plus you need to program it so it works, the characters work properly, add it to the UI, etc. That video doesn’t actually have any fighting going on. Plus the background isn’t as dynamic as the ones we have. It isn’t easy to just add stages.

The Engine shouldn’t matter

What can be made in one engine might not be possible or time efficient in another.