Request for patch 3.2: Make lockout X appear instantly

I do think they will make this change. It is just a reversal of a “nice to have” feature. It won’t solve the “problem” but it will help.

It’s so frustrating to see that lockout after you counter. I had a super close match the other day and I lost it because I countered - and the guy did indeed try to break but he got locked out immediately before I hit the counter. He ended up one hit into ultra. Good on him for having good reactions, but that is so frustrating. Understanding that it’s not new and the system is working as intended, I still think there could be something done so that you have a frame or two of overlap.

Edit: It’s also pretty common to have a match online where you hear the counter sound and then get broken due to roll back…

It’s probably not an easy fix, but it is very jarring to have it so far behind. I hope it can be addressed by the end of the season.

I back OP, not that my support matters.

The spoiler tags appear with 1sec delay …not.

I read this in Borat’s voice.

Also, I really like the suggestion @Infilament

1 Like

Hi there.

The fact that you’re even mentioning the term “Game mode” and the word “TV” makes it sound pretty obvious to me that your TV has much much more lag than you think. Game mode is just a half ■■■ function that takes away maybe 10 MS lag on a 40 MS lagged TV (not sure on the numbers but you get my idea), which really doesn’t make it good enough. Flat screen TVs overall have very very bad input delay, I’m sure over 20-30 MS most of the time. For fighting games you need good flow, especially in KI since combo breaking need mad good reactions… Unless you’re settling for a mainly anticipation-based opportunity to combo break.

Purchase a monitor with max 7-8 MS. This is imo a must if you want to compete for real. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This would be very nice to have as it’s quite frustrating to think you’re getting something right when you’re really getting it wrong. At least for noobs like me.

Just wondered is this linked with the lock out sometimes not appearing at all ?

Keits said on Twitter they’re looking into a fix for this

4 Likes

w00t!

1 Like

was literally in the works of explaining this in a video but you definitely took care of it. here’s what I put up though.

1 Like

Yeah, your problem sounds very familiar to me and I play on the same kind of monitor they use at EVO. I selected it for it’s low display lag.

I do only face the problem online so far so I blame the lag.

Somewhat unrelated: Sometimes the lockout symbol doesn’t even appear. But my version seems a little bugged since I’m also seeying “missing text” messages everywhere.

We all are lol

1 Like

They’re working on a fix? Well RIP Riptor and my chances at evo.

1 Like

Again, I ask - what does the delay on the symbol have to do with Riptor?

1 Like

No idea what he’s talking about. I have been playing Riptor day in and day out, and I see no benefits to this not being fixed or vice-versa.

2 Likes