Regular?

Well, after a few months of coming back here every day, posting at least every other day, and being as civil as I can be…
I don’t think Regular status is going to be a thing again any time soon. :disappointed:

Nah, after investigating, Regular has been wiped from most people and given to those who are deemed as most “trustworthy” opposed to the previous criteria they held.

Which is weird, because apart from @Infilament and the devs, I don’t think I’ve seen any of the people who have “regular” status post. Like, at all. :confused:

Here are all the people that are a ‘regular’. There’s only 14 right now:

https://forums.ultra-combo.com/badges/3/regular

I have no idea what the criteria is, or why I am one and many other common posters are not. Looks like it’s really only me, MS/IG employees, and moderators who are regular? Plus two users who joined and posted once on Sept 26th and didn’t visit the forums again past that.

I dunno, it seems broken to me.

1 Like

They are basically all staff members of either Microsoft or Iron Galaxy.

I assume you are there because you wrote the guide and are practically on a level of moderator/staff.

1 Like

Maybe, I dunno. I was never told I was a regular, and I don’t even know what special abilities I have because of it, if any.

Because of those two users that are regulars after visiting the forum on one day, I’m more inclined to think the feature is broken.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s broken, though, because we had some additional members on our forum representing a unique branch, whether for Ultimate Source or some promotion. Additionally, it could be an alternate account of the staff team. Especially since they haven’t posted anything and don’t seem to have any activity whatsoever, which is something they tend to do.

Like I said, your guide is more than enough to warrant you as a regular. You meet the upper echelon of staff criteria.

Edit: Just don’t think it would be broken if not some but EVERYONE was stripped of their previous Regular title over time. Then revisions were later made for a selected few that seem more inclined to keep from abusing the perks of being a regular and whatnot.

1 Like

@Infilament

This badge is granted when you reach trust level 3. Thanks for being a regular part of our community over a period of months. You’re now one of the most active readers, and a reliable contributor that makes our community great. You can now recategorize and rename topics, take advantage of more powerful spam flags, access a private lounge area, and you’ll also get lots more likes per day.

Just in case you didn’t know. So basically, you have slight moderator power, by moving threads into other categories and such.

access a private lounge area

That’s Hollywood status lol

1 Like

The really weird thing is it looks like the Devs, Moderators, and even the Ultimate Source guys are also included in the Leader category. It’s strange that they’d be in multiple levels of Trust.

I just feel weirded out knowing that people who post every day aren’t considered “Regular”. If it’s meant to be something of a Moderator-Lite status one would think something like Leader would be more appropriate, since the developers and mods never really use the Leader title themselves.

This is still on my laundry list of things to do in the forums. I know that doesn’t give you all much concrete around timing, but know that I am with you on overhauling it.

6 Likes