Regular?

You can get autobiographer for writing details in your profile.

@TheNinjaOstrich I don’t think regulars can change post titles anymore. I think it’s just a status issue. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being I don’t care much and 10 being this means the world to me, I would say I was probably at about a 0.5

5 Likes

1 Like

Mine has disappeared several times, pretty sure its a status you need to maintain to keep. As in if you stop posting/contributing and fall below the threshold of read posts your regular status goes away until you qualify again. Once you have it, it seems to stick for like a month even if you don’t post but once it does you’re back at square one.

This badge is granted when you reach trust level 3. Thanks for being a
regular part of our community over a period of months. You’re now one of
the most active readers, and a reliable contributor that makes our
community great. You can now recategorize and rename topics, take
advantage of more powerful spam flags, access a private lounge area, and
you’ll also get lots more likes per day.

Sounds like that is what’s incorporated but like I said earlier, someone who is inactive and rarely post managed to get the title.

Not a big deal, I just like to be mellow dramatic but it does seem like a bug.

I wonder if simply reading posts can contribute to this statistic, a lurker that reads a lot I mean. I know the forums track how much time you’ve spent reading and how many topics you visit.

Believe me, if that were the case I would have acquired the title. I mean, I get on fairly often and usually post one comment a day or more.

Not just me but others have been more active and have yet to receive the title. Just something that should be looked into if there is anything not working correctly.

Yeah if its not working they should look into it.

I’ve had mine stripped away at least three times but after a week or so of activity it comes back, always figured you had to maintain it and stay active to keep the privilege. If that’s not the case it’d be nice to know.

1 Like

Well, as I said, I care very little about this. But if I’m not a “regular” on the forums I don’t think it’s working as intended.

1 Like

You have to care, it means EVERYTHING.

Don’t think so, maybe posting is an additional requirement and I don’t do that too often. I did look through the names with the Regular status and some of them are very questionable. And its not like its just a title, you get more privileges which can be very useful in the right hands.

1 Like

Oh the irony, my regular status vanished sometimes between last night and right now.

I’ve been more active lately than I ever have.

1 Like

Same here, very active at the moment…

I used to be a regular until I took an arrow to the knee.

I have been very active for a while but didn’t reclaim my regular status. So, I think the key is being positive rather than being active, lol.

1 Like

But most of us are respectful…

Edit: @developers anything?

Exactly, the devs have tweeted out two of my threads here in the last few weeks. I’d say my status wasn’t revoked due to bad behavior.

Of course we are on our best behavior.

On another note, the titles themselves (regular, autobiographer,…) are easy to understand but I had hoped that the KI Ranked titles would be somehow be used as forum titles. Or at least more appealing titles…

1 Like

http://forums.ultra-combo.com/badges/3/regular

Seems like regulars are being stripped left and right, nearly all of the non-staff members are demoted. That list was huge just a week ago.

On a previous forum I frequented one thing they had that I really liked was, similar to a title, they would make a note of how many posts you had made total on the forum under your profile pic. I mean I know here they kinda more go for the clean look, but still a post counter would be a nice addition as well.

They stripped this status from everyone quite some time ago because apparently people were either abusing (or complaining about) the ability to alter thread titles. I’m guessing the fact that anyone has the status at all is the error. So the fact that someone started the thread probably just brought it to their attention and now they are fixing it.

I do find it aggravating that no one will speak up to say what’s going on. Which dev is the one responsible for managing the forums at this point. Didn’t it used to be @GoogleMyName? But he has departed so I’m not sure who to tag.

1 Like

I think it’s The Ruk. But cut him some slack as his beta Shadow Lords alter ego, Gargos, is apparently being perfect-ed left and right.

I have no idea if what I just said made any sense whatsoever, lol

2 Likes