Recent fulgore nerfs

Done lol my bad

1 Like

Believe it or not, thatā€™s the version where I held back - I already went back on some harsh things I wouldā€™ve said. Sometimes itā€™s just so hard to believe in some of the absolutely silly arguments people come up with, and even harder to figure out if theyā€™re just pulling your leg. I find that thereā€™s largely 4 kinds of people online - stupid people, jerks, angry people, and those who donā€™t respond. It is rare in my experience that someone is NOT one of these. Thatā€™s why I like this community - there are so many people here that fit into that rare mold - @Infilament and @STORM179 just to name a couple. Thereā€™s a lot of intelligent discussion to be had here, so when someone comes in just lamblasting everything for no good reason, it irks me. Itā€™s always a SMH kind of moment. With that said, though, the OPā€™s subsequent posts have been more thoughtful, which I appreciate.

@GalacticGeek Youā€™re not even worth it man Iā€™m just going to ignore everything you say so Iā€™m calling you out letā€™s play set first to 5 or 3 whatever u want to u like to "kind"of talk trash lets go?!

Even this above?

Itā€™s nothing against you personally, just how you started the discussion is all. Youā€™ve moved past that though, and Iā€™m happy that you did - many people donā€™t, much less come back with any kind of response (bad or otherwise).

My apologies - itā€™s just hard to tell when someoneā€™s sincere. < if nothing else read this (and the above quote).

I wouldnā€™t say he gets punished meter wise for doing his teleports. If you look at it as getting rewarded for not doing teleport, it is fine. You can use your powerful tools fine but you get rewarded for mixing it up and using the rest of his tools.

I didnā€™t flag your post, I even had to search it because I didnā€™t know what did you said. After reading it, I donā€™t find it so ā€œbadā€ to be tagged, but I understand that it can be tagged reasonabily. You could word it with lessā€¦ I will tell you this, as example:

If I say something like ā€œall people who use Aganos are stupid and donā€™t understand the character, except the people of this forum, who understands him and plays him in the right wayā€, although Iā€™m not insulting nobody of this forum, Iā€™m insulting lots of players around the world needlessly.

Something like ā€œI find really toxic/unreasonable people when playing online, but thankfully this Forum is full of great people with good intentionsā€ would be maybe less harmful.

Itā€™s not that there is people against you, itā€™s that you should consider that, maybe, you are not wording yourself well. Just my opinion, Iā€™m seriously trying to help you.

1 Like

It wasnā€™t trash talk though! I complimented you! Did you not see it!? I was just offering advice like everyone else! And I even apologized after the fact! Does that not count for anything anymore!?

The developer comment was a joke and the break comment was the equivalent of @FengShuiEnergyā€™s breathe comment and that didnā€™t get reported or get a scathing reply.

In any case, I would actually like a set it with you if itā€™d help calm things down a notch (sans trash-talking).

In my eyes, fulgore is still a contender for best character in the game. The teleport nerf makes him have to think a bit more and makes him far less abusive to use against lower-level players, but heā€™s still incredibly strong.

I think manual meter building is a very, very interesting mechanic, one they should definitely bring backā€¦on a different character. I happen to enjoy playing the current fulgore a lot :stuck_out_tongue:

(that shouldnā€™t be responding to geekā€™s post whoops)

Keep the discussion in here civil, on topic, and take personal issues/arguments to PMs.

The teleport nerf is hardly noticable. The one that is noticable is the laser frame data nerf.

Itā€™s hardly noticeable in higher level matches. Truthfully, I think it was a nerf intended to matter more at a lower level of play. Like I said, teleport can be an abusive move vs players that donā€™t know how to deal with it, or are unable to do so. I think the nerf does a good job of blunting the edge of a playstyle with heavy use of random teleport in neutral, without affecting the characterā€™s strength overall.

I can see that. In high level play, Fulgore tends to sit at pretty decent spin speeds in general, since his pressure/mixup options (not to mention combos) generally give him a good boost to reactor. And then they use the enhanced speed to further boost his neutral for the quick ā€œdash in and do somethingā€ mixup.

Tell me more about laser frame data was this changed in the 3.4 update I donā€™t remember seeing this in any of the patch notes not just for the 3.4 update either did I miss something?

This was earlier in the season, LP/MP laser went from 0/+2 to -2/0. IIRC HP laser also went from -7 to -10 or -12 or something.

That frame data nerf was huge. There is literally almost no reason to use light laser over medium laser now. At least medium isnā€™t minus.

Light laser is good for juggles after launcher ender to keep yourself from being broken on heavies every time.

But you can do that without light laser.

You will have to use either LP or MP laser to juggle into his HKD options. If you donā€™t use light laser at all, youā€™re making your juggles more breakable.