Rational Discussion of Three Stages for Season 3 Thread

sorry im just guessing but the negativity of the news are strong so i cant see Eyedol making it.

Don’t jinx us please.

Aganos say’s: Stay tuned :dancer:

Alright I just had a wicked theory that’s probably not gonna happen but it would be cool if it’s true. So what if IG is working on Stage transitions for both s1, s2, and s3 stages, and when you appear on the transitioned stage a different character theme plays. For example, you’re playing on Saberwulf’s stage and you knock your opponent through the wall and on to the street below the castle and the new Vampire character’s theme plays. It would almost be like playing on a new stage and it would technially be part of the original stage. Just something I thought of, but will mostly likely not happen.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say they deserve it, but I would say that their actions provoke response, good or bad. Can’t be blamed for reacting to distressing news, I believe, when none of us truly know what the counter development is.

Kind of works both ways I say.

Booting everyone that doesn’t agree with your opinion or viewpoint isn’t very productive either.

True, some people have reacted badly, over-reacted and outright blown things out of proportion. I am not here to defend that, all I’m saying is that the dispensing of information could maybe be somewhat more tactful.

IG/MS know what they’re doing when they leave little breadcrumb statements like the 3 stages one. Declare the news, explain it in the statement and then put it to rest with the reassurance of why it is this way.

The Forum hasn’t had so much traffic in weeks, so regardless of what we say, it’s still all good for them.

1 Like

I understand the logic behind having less stages for S3 to have development focus be put in other areas that are more lacking. We do already have a large and quality selection of stages that will further be improved with the new lighting. However I feel that 3 stages is much too small a number, especially considering that we already know one of the guest characters is getting his own stage.

I’m not sure what trick they’ll pull to fit in each character’s theme into the game, but I’m hoping it’s either through some clever stage recycling or by having the 3rd S3 stage be a bit of a ‘blank’ canvas type stage that can change and fit most of the S3 characters (ie: A shadow realm stage for Gargos and other characters similar to him).

I’m still really confused how they’ll attach a logical value point for individual character purchases and what will be included in the S3 packs.

1 Like

I’m not talking about booting people for disagreeing, and you know it. Now, people who say dumb stuff like “we keep you employed?” Them I might boot.

There’s a lot of histrionic, angry, overwrought and downright ridiculously insulting stuff posted on these boards. Most of it is inappropriately directed at the people making the game. They deal with it a lot better than I would and I think it’s outrageous to suggest that they are somehow to blame for all the crazy. I’ve been a gamer for 35 years and I’ve never seen developers go to the kind of effort to engage the community that the devs for this game do.

1 Like

Let’s keep it logical guys. There’s all this talk about the un-revealed stage being for Gargos, the vampire, Mira, Joanna Dark, shadow characters, and yes even Santa Claus (okay, maybe not that last 1
)! None of these characters have been confirmed! In fact they are PURE and unadulterated speculation! Let’s not jump the gun and go all conspiracy-theorist, people. Use your heads, not your imagination, people (okay, fine, you can use a little bit of your imagination - but put some REAL thought into it!)!

If I had to hazard a rational (as the thread title implies) guess, the 3rd stage will either a) be Rash’s stage, because the Arbiter (the other guest character) already has 1 and it wouldn’t make sense to not give 1 to the Battletoad, or b) Tusk’s stage, because it would be a great lead-up to his own reveal, which would cause a ton of frenzied speculation and hype in its own right.

1 Like

I do wish they would’ve asked, at least.

A quick poll of “hey, would you guys prefer new lighting or new stages?” would’ve sufficed, and (probably?) would’ve made people a lot less angry. The lack of information already stressing people out didn’t help, either.

But the damage is done/being done, and there’s no going back now.

Admittedly, I was disappointed at first, but if these players/IG themselves keep insisting that there is some really, really, REALLY big stuff coming, I’m more interested than anything else.

Hopefully, February 25th will reveal all. Any more “wait and see” will probably end up with Iron Galaxy getting hit with the 10 plagues from some evil sorcerer who really likes KI or something.

4 Likes

When will people get it through their heads that it’s NOT just about “20 stages”. Killer Instinct is a game, heck, franchise built on giving it’s characters their own stages. It adds personality, builds character and becomes part of them. To just strip it away, mid game, is very wrong and strange and goes against the grain of KI.

It doesn’t matter that ‘other’ games don’t have 20 stages, or ‘other’ games don’t have a stage per character
 KI does and did. That’s what is the problem.

7 Likes

noo.i feel ike there really shouldn’t be anymore shadow characters
id rather have them spebd their time making new ones

4 Likes

I’m sorry, I didn’t realise that us buying their game didn’t put money in their pocket ergo keeping them employed.

I merely pointed out the act of booting someone was totalitarian, yet you straight up called me and whomever else has said something out of term as being stupid, and you claim to stop people insulting the devs by insulting them?

Ok then

1 Like

I’d say that shere variety of characters and the music is whats iconic for KI.

When KI1 and KI2 came out character specific stages wasn’t unheard of, howerver whats unique about KI’s stages is that (much like the characters) they contrast each other so much that seem to be in their own little world.

1 Like

Honestly, if the reason that there aren’t many new stages is because they are going all out with story mode stuff or cinematics or whatever i will be even more disappointed. Story mode is something you experience once, it will probably be the usual corny or cheesy FG stuff and from that point on it becomes essentially worthless. Is anyone here seriously replaying the season 2 rivals story mode going “Oh yeah, remember that time TJ fought that terrible looking retro Fulgore skin? God that was awesome”?

At this point i’m not even sure what this massive buildup of alleged content the developers are hinting at could be. More characters is obvious, but unless they are coming out with a double digit number of fighters, including some massive hype guest characters on the level of say Cloud in Smash 4 then i’m not seeing it as a worthy trade. More modes? Maybe, but i’m struggling to think of anything new they could add. Perhaps some sort of tag team mode, or something along the lines of the Dramatic Battles from the SF Alpha series? We know Ultimates are out as well, so that’s not it. I will say this, if they announce something mind blowing that i haven’t even thought of i’m sure all will be forgiven, but the guys at MS/IG should learn from this experience on how not to antagonise their fanbase.

5 Likes

6 Likes

After reading this article (http://www.killerinstinctcentral.com/killer-instinct-season-3-will-only-have-three-new-stages/), I need to get this off my chest. Did you guys at MS and IG not hear about the news and controversy surrounding Street Fighter V where it was launched with VERY barebones content? I’ll leave this here for you guys to see:

If I were you, I’d reconsider your decision to add only 3 stages for season three only because that’s not right. I don’t mind more stages! For a compromise, I’d say don’t create stages for the guest characters and everybody including the fans win.

Also, PLEASE ADD ULTIMATES TO KI!

1 Like

Don’t worry. It is a little shock, but nothing too bad. Just try to wait a bit longer. It will be one of those “Wait until you see it” moments. :grin:

KI in it’s current state already has like quadruple the content of SFV. I doubt anyone will complain about it being barebones.

3 Likes

S3 has less content than S1 and S2. They won’t complain that the whole game lacks content. Just S3

we don’t know the whole of season three’s contents thus as of now, the claim of the lack of content is unfounded.

3 Likes