Rational Discussion of Three Stages for Season 3 Thread

Tusk is wearing modern clothes

2 Likes

I think itā€™s jumping to conclusions a bit to say Tusk is unfrozen at this point. He has a bit of a modern look for his shorts which makes me think he is modern. But he could be a frozen in time Viking.

Also, just cause - Spinal is a time traveler. He is moving slowly forward through time like the rest of us. :sunglasses:

I donā€™t get why the three stages we have are character specificā€¦donā€™t me wrong I think each of them are absolutely gorgeousā€¦I just donā€™t see what is the plan without the rest of the stages per characterā€¦canā€™t wait till march first

The 3 stages we got are for the 2 returning characters and the flagship Xbox guest character. Makes sense to me. Especially considering how beautiful they look.

Iā€™m sure the other characters can live without stages. It could be possible that said character could relate to stages already in the game. A vampire could relate to Sabrewulfā€™s stage for example. As long as they have their own themes, Iā€™m ok with it.

1 Like

I wonder if any of these stages will also have stage ultras :smile:

1 Like

I bet all three have stage ultras

2 Likes

Hoping for ALL stages to have ultras! :laughing:

Spending all that time working on the stage dynamics and lighting seems like a good opportunity to accommodate new Stage Ultras. Not a bad substitute for the absence of Ultimates.

Tusk might, since Kim and Arbiter (it would seem) donā€™t have one.

Itā€™s kinda bittersweet.
The 3 stages weā€™re getting look like some of the best in the game, IMO (especially Tuskā€™s) so Iā€™m not too upset that theyā€™re all weā€™re getting.
Ah the same time, I feels like IG have really hit their stride with these last few stages, and it saddens me that we wonā€™t get to see them go any further.

My inner conflict rivals that of Jago, perhaps even the inner conflict experienced after eating bad takeout or a gas station burrito. :confounded:

Well, I suppose thereā€™s not much that can be helped. It may not be a whole lot, but Iā€™ll certainly be glad that weā€™re getting new stuff, plus the improvements to all our existing stuff.
Tusk has me hyped, I think I can forgive dah stage shortage.

2 Likes

My guess is that some of these stages were so costly to create (plus the re-lighting of the other stages) that they couldnā€™t make 8 new stages at this quality for S3.

So I guess they chose 3 amazing stages + making the old stages look better, instead of 8 so-so new stages.

I like stages a lot, so I would probably vote for one or two DLC stages in a community fund if they gave us that option. But as it stands, they probably made the right choice with the funds and time they currently have available.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a big fan of the stage ultras. But we all ask for them, and then when we get them people complain about them. So I wouldnā€™t be surprised if they just skipped them for S3.

Stage ultra guesses:
Kim Wu - Truck
Arbiter - collapsing statue
Tusk - Ice breaks

1 Like

Wait, what?! Who complains about stage ultras?

A bunch of people, everything from the wacky arm waving in Aria and Kan-raā€™s stages to the awkward poses on Aganosā€™ stage.

1 Like

Iā€™ve even seen people complain that, e.g. Kan-Raā€™s stage ultra, isnā€™t serious enough. As though KI has always been a serious game franchise up until IG ruined it with a comical series of stage props slamming into a character before they get pulled through the portal.

1 Like

Wowā€¦ Those people are going to be no less disappointed when we get Ultimates. They will probably be a lot like Stage Ultras.

Kan Raā€™s is one of the most brutal ones!

You get slammed into the air, then pelted and smashed by 5 huge objects, then get sucked into the Astral Plane with no hope of escape, with the book closing the portal?

people plz

Ya. But itā€™s also totally hilarious, which I love it for.

1 Like

I believe if the pinnacle had more spinning & death screams, it would be the most hype Stage Ultra.

2 Likes

Am one of those people, and yes I am disappointed in Ultimates as well. The new Shago Ultimates looks cheap compared to the original Ultimate Shago used to do. As for Stage Ultraā€™s, the animation is poor. Aganos and Ariaā€™s stage ultra shows very amateur animation and camera work.