Rate The Last Video Game You Purchased!

Interesting. I haven’t played Zelda, so it’s certainly a different perspective than I am accustomed to. If anything it would feel like Borderlands in some regard. Even if a weapon never truly degrades, there are thousands to choose from so it’s almost impractical and less fun to stick with the same gun for too long.

Though, is this a new feature? If I’m not mistaken, isn’t Link’s sword and shield iconic to the series?

Yeah, Zelda has never worked like this before, totally new to this game.

In past Zeldas, you get a few key items throughout the game (usually as rewards from dungeon puzzles) and then you use only those weapons. So you’ll get a boomerang at a certain point of the game, after beating the boomerang puzzle, and then now you have a boomerang that never breaks and you use it for all boomerang-related tasks later. You’ll usually only have 2 or 3 swords throughout the entire game… your weak starting sword, the master sword, and maybe some other optional sword somewhere. This game is nothing like that formula and they did a good job with changing it up.

Nioh 5 stars

1 Like

Yeah, I admit that the weapon system keeps you grabbing up new stuff all the time, but IMHO they kinda overcorrected. It’s one thing to have something break from overuse, It’s another when you can’t engage either 1 strong enemy or a group of about 5 peons without your weapon breaking on you…or all of them depending on what you have.
I’m not saying it’s not an interesting dynamic, just a bit too harsh. Plus, from what I’ve seen so far you can’t buy or sell weapons or shields, you can’t smith them either, and that IMHO takes away from some of the other aspects of the game, namely the shops and random traveling salesmen that are all over the place, which IMHO are a lot more plentiful and useful than they have ever been for a Zelda game, except in the shields & weapons category.
But yeah, as is I really feel like overcorrected is the best way to describe it.

Pokémon Sun & Moon
5 Stars

To keep it short, it brutalizes Red, Blue and Yellow in terms of AI difficulty, storylines, items, easter eggs, and replay ability.

The age of straight forward training is dead.

Breath of the Wild
6/5 Stars

Bought BotW and played it for the majority of the time on my bus trip to and from the KIWC.

:star::star::star::star: and 1/2 :star:

Pros:

• Excellent world design. Colorful, diverse, and full of character
  • Great art style and often pretty landscapes
  • Good balance of immense scale vs. content density
  • Decently challenging combat that rewards preparation, creativity, and skill
  • Weapon durability done right for the most part and in a way that adds to the game
  • Many cool tools at your disposal with several interesting possibilities
  • Impressive level of freedom, even by the standards of other open-world games
  • Oodles of secrets, little things, nuances, and surprises to be found within the mechanics and the world
  • Fair level of overall challenge that virtually never holds your hand, demands investment, and isn’t afraid to scr*w you over when you make bad decisions

Cons:

• Design of the inventory system is somewhat inconvenient and cumbersome
  • Main quests are a bit shallow or tedious. Probably has the most unsatisfying ending of 3D Zelda games
  • Arena combat shrines quickly get homogenous and stale
  • Blood Moon event cutscene gets a bit annoying after a while

Horizon: Zero Dawn

8.5/10. Though that could increase (or decrease) as I have not finished it yet and am kind of early in the game lol

1 Like

I’ve got 2, and oddly enough their fairly similar.

The Binding of Issac Afterbirth +

I just don’t get this game. It plays similar to the on foot portions of Blaster Master and is extremely shallow, but supposedly makes up for it by being random as random can get with procedurally generated maps and hundreds of powerups and enemies. And supposedly some dark humor is supposed to tie it together, but all I see is a lot of blood and poo. I dunno, I just don’t get it, and I tried.

:star:

On the other hand, Blaster Master Zero is a blast!
For the most part it’s a remake along the same vein as Metroid Zero Mission, but without such a drastic graphical overhaul. There are so many quality of life improvements while keeping the original gameplay intact…little things like a buffer ability that will let you occasionally take a hit without downgrading your blaster, and a huge mortar shot that will clear out spiked surfaces in later areas. Great game, would highly recommend, especially if you ever played the original and liked it, even a little.
:star::star::star::star::star:

I loved that game.

I find it frustrating to have my favorite weapon break right in the middle of a tough area. Is different and cool…i guess. But Its hard to get used to for sure.

Horizon: Zero Dawn 4.5/5

This game is a perfect blend of both Tomb Raider and Far Cry Primal. It has its own unique features to make it stand out and the story is solid. Some facial animations and lip syncing issues are evident, but it is still an sleeper hit.

Looking to get Andromeda sometime soon.

Dark souls 3 5/5 why? Because its dark souls and it challenges your mind and teaches you how to time things.

Mass Effect: Andromeda

100 :star: out of 2.

Just Cause 3
8 out of 10
It’s like JC2 but with more content and more things to do. However, it’s not as memorable as JC2.

Dishonored 2
6 out of 10
It’s easier but not as fun, memorable or immersing as the first Dishonored.

Diablo 3 5 star

Bulletstorm : Full Clip Edition
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Playing as Duke Nukem is enough to get a 5 star rating from me.

2 Likes

Injustice 2
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Awesome is the only word that comes to my mind.

5 Likes