Rate The Last Video Game You Purchased!

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls :star: :star: :star: :star: /5

Lots of on screen action, massive hordes, a variety of characters and gear, and some badass visual design. Plenty of gore and excellent presentation.

Only let down by its repetitive nature. Also don’t expect too many surprises story wise. You can probably guess most of not all of the “twists” (they would have been bigger twists if the twist never happened).

But a straightforward story isn’t too much of a downside considering the quality of the fun.

For Honor, 7/10.
Depth on the surface,
Competitive will die. Casual play will live on for a bit.

Yakuza 0: :tiger::tiger::tiger::tiger::tiger:

Amazing game, packed with so much content in-game that it makes me forget how good we used to have it before micro-transactions and paid add-ons.

The story is great, the substories keep me invested, the minigames are absurdly fun and the gameplay is entertaining. Solid game for any fan of the series, also great introduction for anyone wanting to become a fan. I haven’t played Yakuza since the second, despite this, I never felt like I was missing anything. Maybe some subtle references for sure which enhance the experience, but never take from it.

My only gripe is the outdated graphics, which is warranted due to the initial release in Japan and being re-released outside of Japan with upscaled graphics. Not the worst, but it is evident when the game goes from PS3 to PS4.

Maintenance Fighter 5

Rating: friend gifted it to me and I am still dissapointed /5

For reals:

Shadow Warrior 2

Rating: 3/5

I had a blast for first walkthrough but after that I realized I am not grinding type :confused:

1 Like

Last game I purchased was last year: DOOM

Rating: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Single player is great and the soundtrack is, of course, amazing. The multiplayer is sufficient but the SnapMap tool leaves much to be desired.

Resident Evil 7

Rating :ghost::ghost::ghost::ghost::ghost:

The scariest Res Evil game since the Res 1 Remake.

1 Like

but how many stars is five tigers worth?

DOOM:

Campaign: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

I was not able to play the online, because of my lack of Gold…

But the single player is amazing.

Summary: As someone who never played DOOM games before, this game gave me the full experience of the classic gameplay, with all of the over-the-top graphics, soundtrack, lore, and environments that i have come to expect from a modern-age game. I honestly dont think playing the old games first could have been any better of an experience, because THIS GAME does it all at once!
I was left completely satisfied. The entire “ride” was adrenaline fueling, surprising, interesting, engaging, and down-right epic in scale.
The only criticism i could possibly make, is that the game doesnt really escalate in difficulty too much as you go on. As you progress, the tools the game give you are MORE than enough to handle any situation that comes at you. If you find a weapon EARLY from a secret, it just gets even easier. If you are the type to prefer a challenge, i would recommend trying to get through the game without using the BFG. That may sound strange, but if you enjoy a game that keeps you stuck in an area for over an hour, desperately developing a strategy to win the fight, then not using the BFG would make for a challenge worthy of a true video game completionist.

(I still listen to the soundtrack in my car with the volume on full :smiley: )

3 Likes

Was the remake one of the worst ones as far as scare factor is concerned? I’ve actually avoided the entire series because that game shook me so badly. As far as the whole zombie genre goes I would definitely say starting with the RE1 remake was kinda like being thrown in the deep end.

1 Like

About the same amount as 3 turtles. :turtle::turtle::turtle:

1 Like

XCOM2 :star::star::star::star::star:

Everything I bought after this, I haven’t even played (Ryse, Nioh, Batman Arkham Knight,…)

Does Games with gold count as “purchased”? Cause i give The Force Unleashed: :star: :star: 1/2
While the force mechanics are pretty fun the actual combat it pretty shallow compared to other action games. The lock on system sucks, dodging and blocking feels clunky, certain mechanics just straight up aren’t explained anywhere, and the boss battles are more confusing than challenging. Plus the story is weak and kind of dumb and the fact that it was actually canon before Disney retconned it makes it all worse.

KI 4 stars.
I’d give it 5 stars, but it runs like Riptor dung.

Riptide GP: Renegade :star::star::star::star::star: :+1:

get the long war 2 mod for xcom, its amazing and it is free of charge

1 Like

Infamous second son
Rating: :star::star::star::star:&1/2

Quite a bit of fun. Good performances by most of the cast, powers are diverse and fun, and the morality mechanic gives you a reason to play the whole thing a second time. My only complaints are that the side missions can get a bit old and that the morality is still pretty black and white.

I’d say so , every modern Res Evil game has a few spooky moments but nothing quite as bad as the Crimson heads from the Res 1 Remake.
I’d definitely recommend Res 4 and Revelations 2 (I think there’s a free demo/episode on XBL). They’re good games, a bit creepy but nothing too bad.

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
Rating 4/5 stars

Pros: Great narrative with outstanding voice cast and characters.
The gameplay is over-the-top, intense, and makes you feel like you’re in a really good action movie. Combat works just fine and gunplay is fun as well. Controls well, and the RPG-like progression system is nice.

Cons: Counter button works against every melee attack thrown at you (except grapples), leading to a very linear playstyle.
Gun fights can be too easy at times.
Camera can be annoying when backing up in a car.
Stiff animations at times (nothing too bad).
Side mission content, while good, can leave a little to be desired.

Dragon Quest 8 on 3DS
:star::star::star::star::star:

While I still haven’t even opened the game yet, I did play the PS2 version when it came out, and it was an awesome game. One of my favorite DQ games in the series. Also out of all the games where your objective is to save a princess, I honestly feel that of them all she is the princess most worth rescuing. The character development makes you really feel for her.

I am playing Shovel Knight now. It is very good. My only complaint is that the enemies blow up when you beat them. It is an effect I think is out of place in a medieval setting. Fin for games like Mega Man, bot not for this. Still, that is a nitpick on an otherwise flawless game.