Rash is Broken please Nerf

Take my opinion with a grain of salt, I’m still learning the game, but I’d say someone like riptor that can abuse his pretty poopy ways to deal with pressure, specifically on wake up. So I guess heavy rush down characters? Hopefully someone more experienced can give a more informed opinion.

1 Like

Gotta teleport on reaction to his moves. Dp after wrecking ball with light to catch his air followup. Fulgore is a lot safer than rash is. Rash is just more mobile. It is the Cinder aspect where he appears safer than he really is.

Useful advice. I’ll have to try that

I was having trouble with a Rash player just a little while ago. It could be that the shoulder button I have assigned to HP is faulty, but I just could not land a single anti-air after the Wrecking Ball. Considering that afterward Rash gets an air attack and can then mix it up with a low or throw, I was getting pretty badly hurt.

My solution to not being able to perform my usual response was to dash forward under the Wrecking Ball as it left its nadir. That would usually give me enough space and time to respond with a Wind Kick, sweep, round house, etc. Only caveat is that this needs to be a Wrecking Ball from full screen or from a jump position; however, it may give you a bit more time to respond if you can’t quite time your anti-air properly.

Caveat: your mileage may vary depending on what character you use and their dash distance/speed. Jago doesn’t have much trouble with this, but a Thunder with a big hit box might. An Hisako might even find herself out of range with her far and fast dash.

That’s good advice, but the wrecking ball would probably be hard to avoid mid match by sound alone, though not impossible. That and I agree, the wrckingball is still far too safe, in spite of previous posts saying “oh you can just punish on the way down”. I think every time I’ve faced a rash recently, I’ve lost. NOt due to my lack of skill as it were, but due to rash being almost impossible to punish, along with a number of other characters, but they’re different topics.

I’m a pretty weak player, but I haven’t found Rash particularly difficult. Maybe it’s because I usually use characters with zoning options, so it’s easy to knock him out of the wrecking ball as soon as you see it coming.