From today’s stream;

• First player ever to reach #1 in Killer Tier; TheMaciaga

• Top 5 Pro Star players for the first year:
    ITAMASTER411 - 11 Pro Stars
    TheThompson - 11 Pro Stars
    LProDeathUV
    CISKI4LIFE
    RLSSGKINGEASY
    (I missed the last three players’ stars :frowning: )

*CHANGES:

• New Season, New Balance, LEAGUE RESET ON APRIL 1ST at 12AM PST.
    -Pro Stars and Stats are safe.
    -All players return to Qualifier, and must work their way back up through the ranks.
    -TOP 32 will be recorded for March with the current stats as of the reset.
    -Future resets may or may not happen based on feedback; potentially on a Season basis.
    -Once a month, you can optionally requalify and choose to return to Qualifier and build back up, good for someone who gets up higher than they want to be.
    -ANTI CHEAT: more anti-cheat functionality has been added to catch lag-switchers and other cheaters, including penalties such as loss/prevention of point gain (probation). Protection for “innocents,” as well.
    -Blocking a player will no longer prevent you from being matched up with that player.
    -Inactivity: If you go inactive as a Killer and do not play for an entire month, you are reduced to Gold tier with 0 points. This is open to change based on community feedback.
    -New PROMOTIONAL MATCH! - In order to upgrade a tier when at full points, you must win a match against a player of your current tier or higher. Losing a promotional match costs you a SMALL amount of points.
    -Best 2 out of 3 has expanded to be part of Gold Tier, as well as Killer.

This is just a list of notes I took quickly, and I fully expect there to be further detail or adjustments which need to be made if I wrote something down wrong. @rukizzel, @TempusChaoti, @TheKeits please correct anything I’ve written down incorrectly here!

15 Likes

I have mixed feelings…I really don’t feel like grinding back up to Killer, but my guess is it won’t be too hard of a climb.

It does concern me about all the resetting & knocking people back down…I can see a lot of low-level trolling possible from mid-higher level players that just want to keep resetting & bashing scrubs for a quick ego boost.

Gold 2 out of 3 sounds neat too.

A little worried about the new anti-cheat stuff. I’m having S1 Jail flashbacks… dark times. But other than that everything sounds great!

2 Likes

You sir, are an evil genius. You just doomed hundreds of scrubs.

5 Likes

I like it. Let’s do it.

Like any other ranking system, it will work great as long as lots of people are playing it.

Thanks @xSkeletalx for the detailed post.

1 Like

Thank you mod for providing the list of changes. The salt on the chat lol!

1 Like

Rank reset. Understandable but still stings just a bit. Oh well time to climb back up the ladder and get back in that killer race.

Time to stay in qualifiers and fight only them in exhibition
Uploading…

You’he evil lol

I can live with this, I made Killer in a day or two last time, and if I belong in gold then so be it.

5 Likes

I have a feeling anti-cheat will be abused by jerks. I am just curious how it will work. Reporting? Definitely will be abused.

Missed one: If you don’t play Killer Ranked at least once a month, you will be reset to Gold for inactivity.

No no, he said that:

1 Like

That is already on the list actually.

Damn, guess that means I’ll have to stop treating KI like a delicacy and play more. Don’t mind grinding back to killer, only took me a day or two.

@GodtierMacho @anon39655210
…oops :kissing:

1 Like

[quote=“xSkeletalx, post:1, topic:6592”]
-ANTI CHEAT: more anti-cheat functionality has been added to catch lag-switchers and other cheaters, including penalties such as loss/prevention of point gain (probation). Protection for “innocents,” as well.
[/quote]Yay! Fewer cheaters! :D[quote=“xSkeletalx, post:1, topic:6592”]
-Blocking a player will no longer prevent you from being matched up with that player.
[/quote]I still can’t believe that this was even possible to begin with - I certainly never did it and STILL made it to within the top 100. For those who had to rely on it to get high up on the leaderboards, go cry me a river. [quote=“xSkeletalx, post:1, topic:6592”]
-Inactivity: If you go inactive as a Killer and do not play for an entire month, you are reduced to Gold tier with 0 points. This is open to change based on community feedback.
[/quote]This I don’t like, since I don’t play ranked much anymore. It’s bad enough that I’m not going to be able to tell who’s actually any good based on rank as I go through the motions AGAIN, but now I have to keep playing every month just to keep from going down after I’ve already earned it? No thanks…[quote=“xSkeletalx, post:1, topic:6592”]
-New PROMOTIONAL MATCH! - In order to upgrade a tier when at full points, you must win a match against a player of your current tier or higher. Losing a promotional match costs you a SMALL amount of points.
[/quote]This I like; I think it makes perfect sense. :)[quote=“xSkeletalx, post:1, topic:6592”]
-Best 2 out of 3 has expanded to be part of Gold Tier, as well as Killer.
[/quote]I think this will help further separate the better players from those that, well, aren’t so good, which is a good thing due to how saturated the Killer rank currently is pre-reset.

You really going to go a whole month without playing KI? Lets be real.

1 Like

No, but I’ve already gone at least 3 without playing ranked, so…