Random Character Tournament Vol. 4: Halloween Edition šŸŽƒ (CONCLUDED)

I think I win by default :joy:

/close thread to solidify my winnings plz

I like your random participant idea - I would support it.

As for more viewers, thatā€™s purely advertising. Social media is key here. Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, etc. You could require that all participants share the event through at least 1 form of social media outside of the forums, I suppose. Meanwhile, the people running it could make their own advertising, such as a commercial of sorts. @PVXenoraptorā€™s character poster and logo were a great step in that direction, I think.

3 Likes

It amazes me how the people want to take primordial decitions about the tournament rule.

This is @PVXenoraptor 's tournament. His rules. He can listen to us, and he will, of course, because he wants to improve it.

But Geek, you are not asking. You are demanding. Not the same at all

3 Likes

/reopen thread.
GGā€™s.

2 Likes

Oh I think the issue is pretty ā– ā– ā– ā–  obvious.

Donā€™t let Xenoraptor be the only person who has the ability to update the brackets other than the players.

Also, donā€™t mess up with the time zones XD

2 Likes

Okay, weā€™re ending the thread hereā€¦

Thanks so much everyone for competing, watching and entering that rigged Hisako C10 contest :joy:

I do apologise for the chaos that uprised yesterday, and Iā€™m playing serious now, V5 is gonna run as smooth as V3 was, and Iā€™ll ensure that Iā€™ll be there for the entire event.

If you want to continue RCT talk, thereā€™s a Discord server invite for everyone on the OP of this thread.

V5 is open for registration, also. Please be active on that thread for future stuff

1 Like

finally this is closed now you guys can have your arguments on PM or something

1 Like

Wait. So is V5 not going to be a thing? We didnā€™t have a V3 Kappa

1 Like

When people canā€™t shut up and let the thread die

4 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s true, but as a participant, I know what I want, and Iā€™m letting it be known. Not very tactful, I know, and I apologize for that, but I donā€™t see the point of doing things like making a cool poster or logo if you werenā€™t trying to expand the event. Sure, itā€™s fun, I suppose, but if thatā€™s all itā€™s for, then IMO, itā€™s a waste of time and energy.

dunno maby cuz the cant let it go

hmmmm :frowning:

So how do you feel about the idea of random sign up? You sign up and if more than 26 people sign up, 26 will be chosen randomly.

I already said I liked it above. Iā€™m going to move over to the other thread now, but I want @PVXenoraptor and others to give what Iā€™ve said some serious thought. So far, as the tournament organizer, he hasnā€™t said much of anything on the matter. Weā€™ll continue this over at V5 or in PMs.

As for Discord, I donā€™t use it, soā€¦ Thatā€™s a problem.

2 Likes

I AM SO STEALING THAT, THANK YOU XD

Isnā€™t that from Sonic Underground? Or one of the other cartoons?

1 Like

cute sonic picture lmao XD

Underground. lol.

Iā€™ve been saving it.

2 Likes

I like this idea, another layer of random for the Random tournament.

1 Like

@GalacticGeek you derail every thread and make it about you. Throw your shame at me, itā€™s not going to change my distaste for you doing that.

On topic I missed this tourny :frowning: Iā€™m sure it was a blast. Xeno thanks for setting it up I hope these continue to roll out. Iā€™ve played in a couple of 8bitbeatdowns. And despite getting smacked own in them after only a couple of matches I still find them to be a lot of fun. Itā€™s great exposure for the game and keeps the community going. Not to mention I think itā€™s good for our online warriors to get some tourny type exposure for when they attend local events.

1 Like

Thatā€™s only because I get naturally defensive when someone points out my mistakes. Itā€™s the fight in the fight or flight response, when the flight response is probably the better choice.

Besides, most people on here have admitted that they liked it because they thought it was funny, not because they agreed with him (and Iā€™m fine with that). I just wanted them to understand the potential repurcussions of doing that (which I have already mentioned above), like so many people often try to do with me.