Random Character Tournament Vol. 3 (CONCLUDED)

Nuh uh…you dont get to do that! I always do the underdog thing😉

So am I not doing the stream anymore? Just curious.

It would help if you could if the stream is more stable than mine.

Take in consideration that the streamer is going to be also one of the two commentators.

Nooooooooooooooooooo…

This is going to be just like training a Magikarp: long, arduous, humiliating and everything will be on fire for some reason.

3 Likes

I didn’t confirm that.

Edit: I like the idea, but we’re gonna stick with this next huge post that I’m about to do…

You can’t confirm something a day before the tournament?

Time to panic.

Says the person who hasn’t confirmed that the stream is good to go lol

2 Likes

Relax. Lol

3 Likes

Okay, this is how it’s going to work:

I’ve pretty much told everyone that Sasuke will be streaming. Sorry @SonicDolphin117.

#PRE-SHOW

12pm British Summer Time
Since the Pre-Show is a 1 hour stream talking about the tournament in general, the players, Character assignment and KI Merchandise, it really doesn’t matter how many people are on the stream, since everyone can play as their mains or their assigned character. Sure, you can joke around in there, as we did in Volume 2’s Pre-Show. Anyone here can join in on the Pre-Show, so there’s no worries on that.

I believe at the Pre-Show will be me, @Dayv0, @T1AORyanBay and Sasuke.
But like I said, anyone can join in on the Pre-Show!

#TOURNAMENT LAUNCH

4pm British Summer Time
Okay, this is the big one…:cold_sweat:

So this will be commentated by myself, @DulXboxOne and @Sasuke99I (Sasuke will chime in as he does).
Everyone is allowed to watch the stream and chat on the stream as everyone usually does, it’s all fun!

However, if there’s a disconnection at any point during a match between the players, it’ll be decided by us three on who wins. There’s no restrictions on chat stuff (except spamming it with words, spamming emotes is fine, I feel weird saying that :confused: ).

I will say who is “on deck” as @FallofSeraphs76 suggested. “On Deck” means who faces who after the current match which is being played.

What Sasuke will do (I’m not commanding him to do anything):
As he usually does, he’ll make a quick poll on who do you think will win on strawpoll. You don’t have to vote, but remember, it can’t hurt to try. Yes Sasuke, you can talk on-stream.

2 Likes

Sounds very organized and planned. Great job! Im looking forward too it!

2 Likes

Should’ve gotten my stream working earlier. Oh well, maybe next time. No hard feelings.

Still up for commentary if you change your mind though.

EDIT: Actually, could I ask you guys for a favor? Assuming the connection works for us, could I just hang out in the lobby for the entire tournament so I can record it in 1080p60fps and post it on youtube? Just feel like it would be a good way to get some new video content.

2 Likes

This is a good idea.

That’s a GREAT idea! It would make up for what Sasuke forgot to do with Volume 2 cough cough.

He basically forgot to upload the V2 streams on to YouTube.

Now we need to execute it. Let’s have a set time for each match. Matches can start later. However, if a player is not there at the time of the match, dq. No waiting for them with another match. If they do not respond when it is their turn, they are out.

I dunno if I can record the tournament commentary along with it, but I’ll test stuff out tonight and maybe find the best method of it. It all comes down to the audio mixing.

1 Like

No, we’re not doing that.

A DQ will only happen if:

• They’re in an Exhibition or Ranked match

• They’re not online

• They’re not responding to my messages within 2-3 minutes

Marble’s reaction to his character…

3 Likes

My Riptor sucks XD. Can I trade him for Fulgore? Both are Ultratech right?

IMO 2 commentators, 1 streamer and 2 participants maybe it’s too much. We experienced several disconnections in the previous tournament, and considering multiple regions, it’s quite an effort for the connection. Just my two cents

Also I have a question: two participants are fighting, similar health, a disconnect occurs. One stays in the lobby with the streamer(and everyone looking at the stream see this), the other with the commentators/host. Who gets the lose and why?

Edit: also take notice that some people have reported other times about problems with big lobbys.

Then rematch hype lel. Perhaps if needed, matches can happen off screen.

1 Like

We had several disconnections when there was like people in the lobby:

• Myself
  • Crainiak
  • Dul
  • Sasuke
  • Lewis
  • Marble
  • Player 1
  • Player 2

In Volume 3, we’re going to have it as:

• Myself
  • Dul
  • Sasuke
  • SonicDolphin (There for recording the whole tournament)
  • Player 1
  • Player 2