Quite new to KI. Have no idea which character to play as

This is a good little site that has a good breakdown of all S1 characters’ autodoubles. Sadly they never continued the work to include S2. But when I started playing ranked i used to pull that page up and stare at my opponents’ chars’ gifs of all their autodoubles for a good 15secs before the match started and i think it helped me identify this stuff sooner than i would have otherwise.

And that KI guide for Street Fighter players is a good guide for MK players too.

1 Like

@AJillSandwich96

To start, your best advice would be to learn Jago in the DOJO and complete all of the DOJO challenges. This will teach you more than just how to use Jago, it will teach you the basics of ALL properties that are involved in the KI combo system…offense and defense.

Once you learn this and some what retain all the information…you can then translate this info to your favorite character based off what you prefer visually.

Otherwise you might pick a character you like visually but fail to like there play style due to inexperience with the combo mechanics, ect…

While your playing the DOJO…have a laptop set up on the side and read Infills guide. Switch back and forth between DOJO trials and practicing with Infills guide.
I also recommend SAJAMs KI Ranked Ladder climb video on you tube… lots of good advice on the basics of Human VS game play.

No matter what anyone says…this is the best route by far… DOJO…retain… move to favorite character.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Welcome, OP!

Some great advice in this thread. As others have said, Sabrewulf is probably the easiest character to simply pick up in play due to his rabid auto doubles.

I’d definitely recommend going to the Dojo and learning the basics on how to do a combo, combo breakers, counter breakers, etc. The gameplay mechanics and each individual character get much more involved beyond that, but it’s a good way to start and figure out how the general system plays and what you’re trying to do.

TJ’s a good character to use as well, but if you find yourself inadvertently ending a combo with a gut punch, that’s just because you went in to his autobarrage and didn’t finish it. Of the three you mentioned, I’d definitely go for Orchid or Fulgore. Maybe consider Cinder as well, as he’s got a ton of fun stuff in his arsenal. Kan Ra’s just awesome all around. One of my favorites, for sure.

Hope you enjoy it! Definitely check out Infilament’s guide too. VERY helpful.