Questions for 12/9 HOLIDAY TEXTUAL STREAM GO HERE

2 part question:

Has the team considered creating levels for the 4 that don’t have one since season 3’s release? If not, was altering stages considered? (Example: Altering Wulf’s stage a little to make it suit Mira. Make it a little darker with bats flying around outside and/or Sadira’s stage being altered for RAAM but instead of spiders it’s a bunch of locusts.)

1 Like

I just have one question. Will IG consider increasing the drop rate of the character dossiers?

The idea of all the character dossiers unlocking when you unlock that character’s mimmic would be a nice change, and make it more possible for more people to unlock and enjoy the KI lore.

1 Like

I have a question. Will IG consider making a few changes to Eyedol (specifically Mage Eyedol)?
Nothing ground breaking, but a couple quality of life issues feel like a hamper on him. I know that these have a low chance of making it into the game, but I would love to see these changes:

1. Increase damage on shadow meteor strike. The damage nerf makes it balanced during instinct mode but useless as mage Eyedol. Maybe keep the damage during instinct the way it is but buff it for plain ol’ mage Eyedol.
  2. Make his linkers different in some way. Right now Stomp Strike and Bolt Strike linkers are identical in terms of damage, timing, manual window and meter gain. I would like to see there be a reason to use one or the other based on the situation.
  3. Alter Bolt strike ender in some way. It does minuscule damage and builds half the meter of a standard battery ender. I believe that it should get a damage boost, a meter boost, or change in function.
  4. Make Medium stomp strike not -6. I don’t know if this was intentional or not but it just seems odd that all the other versions are plus and the medium version is so unsafe.
  5. Perhaps Make Eyedol go into a random head after instinct. This is mostly just to make it so the player is not warrior Eyedol quite as often. Although, this would likely be very difficult to implement

If these could be considered I believe he could be changed for the better. Mage Eyedol already feels like more of an accessory to Warrior Eyedol and I believe this would help him a bit.

1 Like
  1. Is there a possibility that new features would be added to online matchmaking in the future, like filters for matchmaking, ping/connection strength bar, rooms, etc. As of now we can only filter by rank, and rank is quite inaccurate as we all know since many people are below or above their stated rank. We also have no way of telling how laggy the match will be and we have no options to avoid said laggy connections. These are pretty basic online features most fighters have, and with the netcode this game has it would only add to the positive experience.

2. How does the team feel about a puppet archetype in the KI universe. Something along the lines of Carl from BB, although gargos is kinda assisty puppety (is that even a word)

3. Will we ever get the option of having the training stage be available for non training use?

4. Will we ever get the option of selecting classic tracks from the training stage for non training use?

5. Is a Friendly gesture (the anti taunt) something the team has considered? how would it work, dunno, something like Rash where holding a directional input would perform the friendly gesture. Or maybe an announcer callout that says something friendly when triggered with the assigned input, this would allow the team to avoid having to animate more things for existing characters. This would also help ease tension with newcomers that get discouraged by KI’s agro nature.

I forgot about having the training stage as an actual stage to fight valid fights on.

That could be a great way to implement the KI/ ki2 stage background stills as well.

Would anyone accept that as an alternative to receiving a stage for Mira ? That’d be awesome almost 20 new ‘stages’ without having to work on new ones !!!

Do it!!!
(Screams at thought of playing on training stage with Kim wu’s Ki2 snow mountain dojo background!!!)

1 Like

The Devs have already said no to this multiple times. They’ve put too much work into the regular stages to have people just defaulting to the training stage like they do in SF and MvC. Not gonna happen.

5 Likes

Thank you for reposting the reponses.

1 Like

Thank you for having such a glorious username, Ebullient Sea Cow. I learned a new word today because of you.

1 Like

Will there be a discounted bundle available containing the gold and terror skins for every character?

Will we ever get a toggle option for Cinders mask?

Finals? Ah yes I can understand for online fights and championship duels

Maybe that rules out the ability for home solo use that’s sad

But still there’s the option of adding ki2 practice stills to add to the ones we have now.

1 Like

About the upcoming new KI comic series:

• Will it be a prequel or a sequel?

• Will it possibly introduce or tease future characters?

• What will the comic series storyline generally be about?

It’s ok if you don’t answer any of these questions to avoid spoiling surprises.

1 Like

Netcode. Netcode. Netcode.

8 Likes

Netcode? Really? Netcode implies online play. KI doesn’t have online play. What it does have is offline play with people in different locations.

5 Likes

Oh. Right. Silly me.

1 Like

*WARNING! Lore Spoilers ahead if you are playing through Shadow Lords for the first time.

Is there anything you can tell us about the upcoming comic book? Who is writing/drawing?

Are there any plans for a KI Novel? I certainly hope so…

@TempusChaoti mentioned the possibility of us one day seeing the “Light Lords” in the future, is there anything you can share about this? (Referring to the Light Lords mentioned by Adam Isgreen on the Definitive Edition Shadow Lords interview)

Has Gargos always looked like this? As in, do Shadow Lords and Ichorians look alike? Or did Gargos appearance change as he consumed other entities in the Astral Plane?

Is there any way we can see what an Ichorian looked/looks like?

Does Light Lord = Ichorian? Or perhaps, Light Lord = Uncorrupted Ichorian?

Would you consider another community fund in order to
introduce another lore-established character to the game? I would consider getting an extra job in order to fund the Tsar, for example.

Obviously, if Season 4 can happen, the above is a moot point.

Is there any other fighting game out there with a story even a little bit as awesome as KI? J/K, I already can confirm, there isn’t. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have tons more but I’ve already been greedy. Thanks so much for putting all this wonderful stuff into the world, I am truly grateful. You guys are the best.

@franciscapra aka SE1Z3

Will arby(arbiter) and fractured ward make a cameo in the comics? And will there be more slots for character customization saves?

I am glad I could help.

Thank you for the compliment as well.

Hi from Argentina!
My name is diego, and i have 43 years old.
I come here to say: thanks for you hard work.
i be in Ki forums since 2013 (DH forums) to today.
God bless Ki team…
thanks for make real my dream: a new KI!
I wish to share this:

I love KI. :wink:
And of course, i have xbox one and KI in pc.

12 Likes

My questions:

1. Are we going to get more stages?

1.a. Could some of those stages be of areas within the KI universe but not necessarily tied to a particular character (this would assume all characters have their own stages)

1. This needs to become a reality. When will Riptor get a swimsuit like this:

3 Likes